🍜🍲🍱 Healthy eating! Share ur recipes or ideas!🍛🍝🍗

Forum: Due Date Club of May 2014

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree25Likes
  • 1 Post By PointDefiance
  • 1 Post By 208mama
  • 3 Post By BB2014
  • 3 Post By lovemylittlemiss
  • 4 Post By PointDefiance
  • 3 Post By inyourhonor
  • 2 Post By ToMuchElmo
  • 2 Post By Panda
  • 3 Post By dindin
  • 2 Post By girlsofsummer
  • 1 Post By ToMuchElmo

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Due Date Club of May 2014 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 9th, 2013, 06:18 PM
PointDefiance's Avatar Pooka + One!
Do you have a food that is healthy-ish or a meal that you would like to share?? Post how you make it or a link to the recipe! Pictures are awesome too!
208mama likes this.
November 9th, 2013, 09:47 PM
208mama's Avatar Veteran
I wish I had something to contribute…lol grilled cheese and mashed potatoes are my daily staple. I hope some good ones get posted!
PointDefiance likes this.

Tyler Jean:9 Jamisen Ryan: 6 Jaxyn Lily: 7

Izzy a he or Izzy a she - due 5/3/14
November 10th, 2013, 04:41 AM
BB2014's Avatar Super Mommy
My favorite---
Chicken, salsa, and diet coke- the chicken comes out so soft it falls apart when your fork touches it--soo yummy! Chicken is the only thing adding calories to that dish. You can use any kind of salsa that you want! One time we used pineapple and it was delish!

Salsa Chicken Recipe - Food.com - 109576

November 10th, 2013, 05:02 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We've been making a variation of this lately: Rice Ball (Onigiri) Recipe - Japanese Cooking 101 - YouTube

We put rice vinegar, salt and sugar in the rice to make it like sushi rice and then used crab mixed with various sauces for the filling. Really enjoying this! Seaweed offers the most minerals of any food on earth and is naturally high in folic acid. Not to mention it might aid in cancer prevention and stress relief.

Make a pregnancy ticker
November 10th, 2013, 09:21 AM
PointDefiance's Avatar Pooka + One!
Ok I know it doesn't sound delicious and I do t know how good it is for you, but I live these bagel sandwiches. I just use a plain untoasted bagel, cover both sides in cream cheese, sprinkle salt and pepper on both. Add tomato, avocado and lettuce. It's waaay better than it sounds and super filling [i used to make it with sprouts instead of lettuce, but I feel it's more safe with lettuce]
November 10th, 2013, 05:26 PM
inyourhonor's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
A favorite is panko breaded chicken breasts baked in the oven, with homemade baked "fries" and asparagus with light butter and garlic. My husband who HATES eating anything that usually isn't greasy loves this dinner.

I have lost 40lbs by calorie counting and weighing food, which is now on hold haha. All I do is put panko in a bowl and let whatever grabs the chicken stay on. I don't use flour or egg to coat it.

Expecting our 4th baby BOY due May 14th

Our Nest
November 10th, 2013, 06:07 PM
ToMuchElmo's Avatar Veteran
My kids love panko breaded chicken chunks way more than the processed frozen nuggets!

I wish I had a good recipe to share, sadly everything I really like right now is not very healthy (fat & calorie wise).
November 10th, 2013, 06:36 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My go to lately is baked talapia with lemon and parsley with steamed red potatoes and asparagus! Yum!!

November 11th, 2013, 02:16 PM
dindin's Avatar Veteran
I like protein pancakes or mug cakes as a treat. Here is a recipe I use..I can't take credit for it, I got it off an IG account I follow

Peanut Butter Banana Chocolate Protein Mug Cake
1 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
3 Tbsp coconut flour
3 Tbsp liquid egg whites OR 1 egg white
1 scoop vanilla protein powder (I used a casein/whey blend)
1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
1/2 mashed banana
1/2 tsp baking powder
2 Tbsp water
1 Tbsp PB2 or other powdered peanut butter

Mix all ingredients but the PB2 in a microwave safe mug. The batter will be slightly thicker than brownie batter, definitely not runny. Depending on your protein powder, you may need to add a bit more water than 2 Tbsp to get this consistency. Add a little at a time until the desired thickness.
Microwave for approximately 1 minute depending on the strength of your microwave.

The cake will rise up over the top of the mug while cooking. You want to remove it when the top is mostly dry. After you take it out, the cake will fall slightly. Run a knife around the inside of the mug and flip the mug over onto a plate to remove the cake.
Mix the PB2 with just a little bit of water and spread over the top of the cake.

Makes one single heavenly serving at 308 calories – 37g protein, 27g carbs, and 8g fat.

1/12 3/13
November 12th, 2013, 09:43 AM
girlsofsummer's Avatar Expecting baby #1
DH's favorite thing that I make are my fish tacos.

Use tilapia (low-fat, inexpensive) and cook it with a little bit of oil and taco seasoning like you would taco meat. It flakes really nicely.

Make a slaw using the pre-cleaned bagged stuff and mix in greek yogurt, cilantro, fresh lime juice and cumin powder. If you have it, toss in some chili powder and paprika, too. Let it sit, even just for a half hour, to let the flavors get yummy.

Assemble a hard taco with the tilapia, topped with the slaw and some sliced up avocado. It is delicious, is not fishy-tasting at all and is very filling.

I usually serve it with couscous or rice or another veggie.
dindin and ToMuchElmo like this.
November 12th, 2013, 10:34 AM
ToMuchElmo's Avatar Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by girlsofsummer View Post
DH's favorite thing that I make are my fish tacos.

Use tilapia (low-fat, inexpensive) and cook it with a little bit of oil and taco seasoning like you would taco meat. It flakes really nicely.

Make a slaw using the pre-cleaned bagged stuff and mix in greek yogurt, cilantro, fresh lime juice and cumin powder. If you have it, toss in some chili powder and paprika, too. Let it sit, even just for a half hour, to let the flavors get yummy.

Assemble a hard taco with the tilapia, topped with the slaw and some sliced up avocado. It is delicious, is not fishy-tasting at all and is very filling.

I usually serve it with couscous or rice or another veggie.
That sounds SO GOOD to me right now!! I'm going to try it!
girlsofsummer likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search