need stay busy ideas

Forum: Due Date Club of May 2014

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Due Date Club of May 2014 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 8th, 2013, 06:23 AM
BB2014's Avatar Super Mommy
So DH is going on a business trip this week starting tomorrow. I need ideas to stay busy at home. I can't post this on Facebook or ask my friends/coworkers because they are military wives and they'll be like only a week? try 6 months to 15 months. I feel their pain, I know it's hard, and I'm going to miss him so much in just a week's time

so far- one night I want to make a gingerbread house with him

anything Christmas/winterish? We don't have winter weather here though.

Thanks in advance ladies

December 8th, 2013, 06:54 AM
girlsofsummer's Avatar Expecting baby #1
Pinterest! Jump on there and look up cool craft or Holiday ideas, like making ornaments or trying a different kind of cookie that is challenging.

Also, non-holiday related, maybe you start a baby scrap book or do a baby nursery craft?

When my DH goes away I like to take a night or two to work on an organizing home project. Hope the time passes quickly for you!
December 8th, 2013, 11:11 AM
Mega Super Mommy
My DH travels a lot so I'm pretty used to it at this point and have my strategies down! I find it works better if I keep the little guy busy so he doesn't miss daddy quite so much. So every day we get out of the house and go somewhere: library for storytime, the park, playground at the mall, etc. We also tend to do baking projects (cut-out Christmas cookies you can decorate are fun) and crafts (painting, beads). Do you have any pretty Christmas lights near you? You could go see those.

December 8th, 2013, 11:56 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I know how you feel! 1 night away from my husband and I'm missing him too! As dull as it sounds cleaning helps me stay busy. I've also found a ton of pinterest ideas for crafts to do with toddlers. Do you like to read? Reading is one of my favorite ways to pass time! You can bet that I'm using that to fill up my free time waiting for this baby to come (and for my u/s on Friday!). I was in the States for 4 weeks without DH (he joined us after that but only stayed 8 days)...it was fun seeing family but I missed him so much and also looked for ways to pass the time...let's just say I did A LOT of shopping while I was there!

Make a pregnancy ticker
December 8th, 2013, 03:08 PM
inyourhonor's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You could make fun hand print ornaments. Get regular standard ornaments, some paint and dip his hand in them.

What about a count down chain with red, white and green construction paper?

Homemade play-doh is always fun! My boys love when I make a new batch every few months.

Expecting our 4th baby BOY due May 14th

Our Nest

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search