What are you changing in your life now that you are knocked up?

Forum: May 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree9Likes
  • 2 Post By *CAMM*
  • 2 Post By acmd03
  • 1 Post By bella88
  • 3 Post By rebeccabaltimore and more
  • 1 Post By 208mama

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 28th, 2013, 09:36 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Have you changed diet or sleep or anything health related for the sake of baby?

We are going to go back to homemade and organic foods when possible. I really don't like eating food with preservatives I am a pretty decent cook and I love to bake so I have no excuse not to. The stress of the wedding hit me hard and I couldn't even bring myself to cook dinners some nights, I was just so busy. No more take out loaded with garbage chemicals and no more store bought bakery items. Now that I am growing another lil peon I will smarten up even more.

I am also going to start lane swimming a few times a week. Going to the pool is a good time for all 3 of us so I think thats the best way for me to get exercise while the boys goof off.

I also am trying hard to cut out caffeine.... its hard. I had a kidney stone in February so I have been working on it for a long time. I still have it once in a while but its so darn good lol

So how about you Mamas?

August 28th, 2013, 12:23 PM
*Leah*'s Avatar TTC the newfashioned way
I cut out caffeine cold turkey a few weeks ago. It sucks lol...but I'll do it. I had gestational diabetes last time...so I'm going to go back on the diet again very soon in the hopes I don't get it again. Checking BS all the time sucks...however, it did make me be VERY aware of my eating and I gained 27 lbs and lost all of it within 2 weeks of having Mallory. I think I would have probably gained more or eaten more sweets if I hadn't had to watch it....so I'm going to try to be good.

I have to clean out my home office, pack it up and relocate it to the basement 2nd spare bedroom, so that we can turn our current office into a new bedroom for Mallory. Our nursery is gender neutral (yellows, browns, blue, red polkadot) with No More Monkeys Jumping on the bed theme...and we're going to use it for the new baby....

I need to start walking more and getting more exercise...swimming is a great idea
TTC#1 since 10/2006, 5 failed IUI's, 1st IVF successful BFP!! Baby Girl 2/2011
TTC#2 BFP 9/2011, Natural Pregnancy! 3/30/12 M/C'd on 5/15/12 (9 weeks)
IVF#2 BFP 4/2013 M/C 6/2/13 (8 weeks)
FET #1 BFP 8/2013 - Chemical Pregnancy
IVF #3 - Retrieval Oct 31st, Txferred 2 on 5d - a Blast and Morula - Chemical Pregnancy
IVF #4 - ER scheduled for 4/4/14 retrieved 4 eggs. Txferred 3 embryos 4/7/14!....BFN...NOW WHAT?
Check out my NEWBORN Hats and Baby Items
@ http://www.facebook.com/ThePaisleyPerle

August 28th, 2013, 12:41 PM
*CAMM*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We dont eat out except a few times a month and I dont buy a lot of junk so thankfully I wont have to change my eating habits that much (this time around) We eat a lot of fresh fruits and veggies from my parents garden and I make almost all of our meals vs processed foods.

I do have a weakness for Dr. Pepper 10 though...and I normally drink 2-3 cups of coffee in the morning. I've been cutting back a lot..hard but I know I have to.

I'm a stay at home mom and I honestly get a decent work out playing with them outside and inside but I am going to start doing a few extra work outs.

With my other pregnancies I gained a crazy amount of weight (65lbs each time) and it was because of my previous poor eating habits and lack of exercise. I'm starting out this pregnancy at 140lbs which is a perfect weight for me (I've lost 82lbs since giving birth to my daughter). Hoping I can limit my weight gain to less than 30lbs this time around.
*Leah* and acmd03 like this.

August 28th, 2013, 01:11 PM
acmd03's Avatar Lincoln's Mommy
Wow, camm, awesome job on the weight loss! I'm starting out heavier than I wanted to be, since I only lost half the weight from the last pregnancy. But I'm starving all the time, so I'm a little worried about early weight gain. I'm working on finding filling but somewhat healthy snacks that will work with my cravings (salty things, cheese, meat). Not easy.

That's about it. I only have one cup of coffee in the morning anyway, and I work out several times a week so I'll keep that up. I'm trying to remember not to lift crazy heavy things. For some reason that's kind of hard right now.
*CAMM* and *Leah* like this.

August 28th, 2013, 01:31 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by *CAMM* View Post

With my other pregnancies I gained a crazy amount of weight (65lbs each time) and it was because of my previous poor eating habits and lack of exercise. I'm starting out this pregnancy at 140lbs which is a perfect weight for me (I've lost 82lbs since giving birth to my daughter). Hoping I can limit my weight gain to less than 30lbs this time around.
82lbs is awesome!!! Good for you!

I was about 135lbs and gained exactly 60lbs last pregnancy. I was holding strong at 142lbs before I got pregnant this time. I am already up to 145 though and I'm starting to get worried.

August 28th, 2013, 01:37 PM
bella88's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am trying to eat healthily with more fruits and veges and stuff like that. I was already not drinking and didn't really drink caffeine or anything before. But I am also cutting out soft drink and only drink water.
*Leah* likes this.

August 28th, 2013, 07:35 PM
rebeccabaltimore and more's Avatar (rebeccabaltimore)
Just to give you a guide on caffeine, pregnant women can have 150mg of caffeine a day. You can google for big lists, but that's about one cup of coffee or 3 diet cokes. Energy drinks are NOT recommended during pregnancy. If you are a tea drinker, there are some herbal teas that are not considered safe to drink, I can find a list if you need one. Also, it's important to remember that while diet drinks are quite safe for pregnancy, artificial sweeteners have a small diuretic effect, so they can dehydrate you, and in pregnancy, this effect is more pronounced, so keep up with your water!
*CAMM*, bella88 and 208mama like this.

Thank you Vicki for my awesome siggy!!

August 29th, 2013, 08:57 AM
208mama's Avatar Veteran
Well, I am canceling my weekend trip to Vegas tomorrow! I thought about going and lounging by the pool but I don't want to be a downer for my 2 rockstar girlfriends who will be partying the night away. I have been eating Baskin Robbins ice cream almost daily for the past few weeks before finding out I was pregnant and I am going to out a kibosh on that, saving it for only dire times of need. I just found out that there is a place in town who gives free ice cream to pregnant women all the time!! Ugggh luckily it's on the other side of town but that's like my biggest dream/nightmare come true!
*Leah* likes this.
August 29th, 2013, 12:00 PM
*Leah*'s Avatar TTC the newfashioned way
208mama - I totally agree with your decision. I went out with friends to some clubs (girls weekend) when I was 16 weeks preggers. I had fun...watching them get sloppy drunk and dance w/each other lol...but the end of the night was disasterous...(I was DD, of course) No one would get in my car, chatting up some guys in the street for over an hour...I should have left them there. It was 4am! I had to leave early the next morning for a wedding and I was dead tired w/ a 2 hour drive home. Then I heard after, one girl said I was a party pooper...sheesh...thanks, see if I stay out all night to drive you safely home again! (She also tried to get me to drink all night! - and these are 34/36yo! ladies!!). I said I would NEVER go out with them again if I was pregnant!

I agree, stay away from Vegas!!

MMMM Free icecream
TTC#1 since 10/2006, 5 failed IUI's, 1st IVF successful BFP!! Baby Girl 2/2011
TTC#2 BFP 9/2011, Natural Pregnancy! 3/30/12 M/C'd on 5/15/12 (9 weeks)
IVF#2 BFP 4/2013 M/C 6/2/13 (8 weeks)
FET #1 BFP 8/2013 - Chemical Pregnancy
IVF #3 - Retrieval Oct 31st, Txferred 2 on 5d - a Blast and Morula - Chemical Pregnancy
IVF #4 - ER scheduled for 4/4/14 retrieved 4 eggs. Txferred 3 embryos 4/7/14!....BFN...NOW WHAT?
Check out my NEWBORN Hats and Baby Items
@ http://www.facebook.com/ThePaisleyPerle

August 29th, 2013, 01:30 PM
I can't stop eating...I have not gotten my BFP yet but for the past three weeks I have been eating and have been dead tired. I lost so much weight from the beginning of the year til May. I was pregnant in May and ate soooooo much i the 8 weeks of being pregnant (i miscarried at 9 weeks). I feel the same exact way now but I have to get out of this slump I've been in since last pregnancy. Praying for a BFP on Monday and my energy back to hit the gym
August 29th, 2013, 03:04 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I am trying to eat healthier, we had just started diets last week ready to loose weight for our big holiday next year (which will be postponed now). I also had gestational diabetes, so want to do everything I can to try and stop it returning.

I have a major diet coke addiction, and am really trying to cut back, I have brought loads of water and juice.
Mummy to 2 boys expecting #3.

August 29th, 2013, 05:44 PM
bella88's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryBerry View Post
I am trying to eat healthier, we had just started diets last week ready to loose weight for our big holiday next year (which will be postponed now).
I hear you on that, I just started meal replacement shakes this month to lose the rest of the weight I wanted to ditch. I was planning on being about 9kgs lighter than I am

August 30th, 2013, 05:58 AM
Sheila
I quit drinking pop (soda) cold turkey. That is killing me but I know it is best. I have also cut back on caffeine. (1 cup of coffee a day)

I am starting the pregnancy WAY heavier than I would like to, so I am going to try to eat much healthier than I have been. Hopefully I can work hard and make sure that only my belly and baby get bigger!
baby #5 05/16/13

Make a pregnancy ticker
August 30th, 2013, 08:51 PM
LUSHaye's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm not getting my hardcore coffee drinks at Starbucks anymore. Starting today. I still get Starbucks. That's not changing ever. But I just get something with little or no caffeine.
A huge thing I need to change is my stress. I have GOT to keep it under control and a huge chunk of that has to do with my coworker. I would be...absolutely furious if I lost another baby due to too much stress. So hopefully a good outcome is the result of a good chitchat.
September 1st, 2013, 06:11 PM
ToMuchElmo's Avatar Veteran
I quit nursing 2 months ago (when I had to watch my caffiene intake) and have gone up to drinking full caff and at least half a pot . I've cut back how much coffee I'm drinking this last week and plan to buy half caff and wean myself to decaf eventually. Last time I cut out caffiene cold turkey my head felt like it was going to explode for days.

I quit drinking any alcohol and have cut back on carbs (had GD last 2 preg., needed meds). My sugars are not super high, but higher than they should be, so I'm also testing my blood. Last time I had to cut out all bread, fruit, obviously sweets, potatoes & other starchy veggies . To bad because apple picking season is just starting.
September 2nd, 2013, 05:42 PM
mkljmom's Avatar Super Mommy
You are all making such great changes! I am cutting back on the bad stuff but have not quit... yet I know these are really bad habits!! I was not expecting to be expecting and am trying to get rid of all the yuck ASAP!

Mom of the Year Award--- I am down to 1/2 a pot of coffee/day (less today!) and have increased my H20. I was smoking about 1-3 cigs a day and now don't even want to bc it thankfully makes me sick! So, I'm down to 1/2 a cig a day, hopefully I will be fully done by the end of the week.

As far as excercise, I have an OB who is not a fan of pregnant women doing yoga (my favorite!) so I am borrowing a stationary bike from... guess who-?-my grandmother! lol
September 2nd, 2013, 07:42 PM
Diet and no caffeine
September 2nd, 2013, 07:51 PM
I am quitting smoking and drinking.... I am also cutting back on caffeine. I will also be having to change a lot of my meds around (I am bipolar and take several pills a day) so that everything I take is safe for the little bean.
September 2nd, 2013, 08:14 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I cut out all caffeine as soon as I got a BFP - which was HARD because it was my biggest vice I've been TTC for forever so that is pretty much the only change I have to make.

September 2nd, 2013, 08:50 PM
Sassafrass's Avatar Running Mamma
The coffee has got to go I cut back to one a day, but it seems baby doesnt like it at all. Every time I have a coffee it gives me diarrhea. So there goes my coffee

Brady('97)
Olivia('98)
Gavin('00)
Jaiden('03)
Gage('05)
Sloan('10)
Silas('11)
and 3 in my heart(3/13, 6/13 & 9/13)

Cautiously expecting our precious rainbow baby 02/18/15

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search