How did you tell SO/DH?

Forum: May 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree12Likes
  • 1 Post By Nel
  • 5 Post By *CAMM*
  • 1 Post By bella88
  • 1 Post By dmarie84
  • 3 Post By dmarie84
  • 1 Post By bella88

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 28th, 2013, 05:45 PM
Veteran
I am still sitting on the news I want to surprise him--possibly just putting the test next to his computer, a sure sign he'll see it, or maybe taking a picture and putting it on his computer

How did you tell?

**Thank you, bokkechick, for my beautiful signature!**

August 28th, 2013, 05:51 PM
Mega Super Mommy
he is the one that went and bought me my tests and i had told him I would be taking one that next morning. I woke him up at 1:30am and asked him if he wanted to come look. He didnt wake up fully so I pulled the covers off him and told him to go look
dmarie84 likes this.

August 28th, 2013, 06:01 PM
*CAMM*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
He came in and was "greeted" by the candy first and then in the living room was the test and picture frame. =) I found out at 8dpo but didnt tell him until 11dpo (he works out of town during the week.
bella88, ashleyjo, *Leah* and 2 others like this.

August 28th, 2013, 06:51 PM
bella88's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It's father's day this Sunday so I bought him a big #1 dad glass with pictures and writing all over it, some baby singlets and bibs and wrapped them up in a gift bag for him. I also wrapped the frer and put it in there too. I bought him a father's day card and wrote about how even though it was a week early we didn't need a special day to tell him how amazing a dad he'll be. I surprised him with it at 6 in the morning because I figured the sun at least had to be up. I had been awake since 4 taking the frer and gathering the rest of the present items up and making a heck of a racket... I woke him up twice . Poor DH was squinting at the test with asleep eyes trying to make out where there were two lines
*Leah* likes this.

Last edited by bella88; August 28th, 2013 at 06:56 PM.
August 28th, 2013, 07:01 PM
Veteran
I think I am going to put it on his nightstand so he can see it before bed. I don't think I can wait all day tomorrow!
*Leah* likes this.

August 28th, 2013, 07:15 PM
I only lasted half a day

August 28th, 2013, 07:37 PM
rebeccabaltimore and more's Avatar (rebeccabaltimore)
I lasted half a second. Both times I was pregnant, I freaked out and called him right away!

Thank you Vicki for my awesome siggy!!

August 28th, 2013, 07:43 PM
*CAMM*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
With our very first pregnancy and my son I called him right away (found out at work)
with my daughter he was at home with me and I told him right away as well.

August 28th, 2013, 07:49 PM
Veteran
I walked out of the bathroom with the test in my hand and a shocked look on my face. I handed him the test.. That was as good as I got lol I wish I could have thought up some way to surprise him
August 28th, 2013, 08:13 PM
Veteran
Well, I told him. I left a note on his pillow saying "Surprise!" and then I put the test on it. I stood at the door talking to him for two whole minutes before he caught sight of it. He stopped mid-sentence and picked it up and said " does this mean what I think it does?"

He's been pretty happy, talking about all the plans in the next few months LOL
bella88, *Leah* and acmd03 like this.

August 29th, 2013, 02:13 PM
Haha DHs can be so dense . Yay for telling yours!
*Leah* likes this.

August 29th, 2013, 02:34 PM
*Leah*'s Avatar TTC the newfashioned way
Well, it's not like ours was a surprise...DH knows I'm a HUGE POASer...so he asked how the testing was going and I said "good" and emailed him a picture...he wrote me back...I don't see it...is this bad? and so I had to put dots above and below the test line so he could see the line hehe....

Then today (he leaves for work at 4:30am) I did the same thing...he saw the FRER line right away and was confused by the CBE + sign haha...I had to explain it to him....he's super happy and knows the line is light for me at equivalent of 13dpo...but we are just taking it one day at a time and thankful for every day I am pregnant....
TTC#1 since 10/2006, 5 failed IUI's, 1st IVF successful BFP!! Baby Girl 2/2011
TTC#2 BFP 9/2011, Natural Pregnancy! 3/30/12 M/C'd on 5/15/12 (9 weeks)
IVF#2 BFP 4/2013 M/C 6/2/13 (8 weeks)
FET #1 BFP 8/2013 - Chemical Pregnancy
IVF #3 - Retrieval Oct 31st, Txferred 2 on 5d - a Blast and Morula - Chemical Pregnancy
IVF #4 - ER scheduled for 4/4/14 retrieved 4 eggs. Txferred 3 embryos 4/7/14!....BFN...NOW WHAT?
Check out my NEWBORN Hats and Baby Items
@ http://www.facebook.com/ThePaisleyPerle

August 29th, 2013, 02:53 PM
Platinum Supermommy
DH doesn't like me testing without him, but I did yesterday (because I wanted to join the gym and as my periods are really irregular I wanted to check before I signed up) When the line came up I was shocked, we were really not expecting it this month at all. I tried ringing him for half an hour but he didnt answer, when I finally got through I just said "I was naughty and did a test... I think we might be having another baby!"
I was so shocked he had to calm me down a lot. But he was lovely and we are both very happy and looking forward to it all.
Mummy to 2 boys expecting #3.

August 31st, 2013, 08:19 AM
LUSHaye's Avatar Super Mommy
I took a test early in the morning and kind of freaked out about how I was going to tell him.
Eventually I just laid back in bed and whispered to him that I had a bun in the oven. He was still half asleep and asked me 'what do you mean you have a bun?' And then suddenly his eyes popped open and he started smiling.
It was a nice little moment.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search