New and so happy to be here

Forum: May 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 30th, 2013, 04:10 PM
Super Mommy
Hello ladies. My name is Sara. I am 30yo. DH and I have been together for over 3 years, married since October. I have had 3 previous miscarriages with my ex. In August of last year, I developed a blood clot from my left knee into my abdomen. Nearly killed me. I am 100% clot free now, but have been diagnosed with APS, anti phospholipid syndrome. The doctors believe this is the cause of my miscarriages.

In February, AF was late to start and I thought I could have been pregnant. DH and I started talking about it and decided to officially start trying in May. I started taking blood thinner injections twice a day in my stomach. It's the safest blood thinner for getting and being pregnant.

This was my 3rd cycle. The first two cycles of negative tests were upsetting, cuz I just got it in my head that now that doctors have found my blood clot, I would get pregnant right away. The bruises and painful lumps from the injections to my stomach also made it hard for me to handle patience through this process.

Now I have my BFP and I am so emotional. So happy and excited and frightened. And unreal moments of "I'm really going to finally be a mom." The only thing I have ever really wanted was to be a mom. I got my first blood work drawn today and will go back for the 2nd on Tuesday. Labor Day interferes with my finding out from the doctor sooner.

My doctors will be monitoring my pregnancy closely so I will be getting extra blood tests and ultrasounds. I will continue twice a day injections until 32-36 weeks, when the doctors will switch me to heparin injections. My OBGYN said at my preconception consultation that she will want to induce me by 38 weeks so we can control the birth. My blood thinners need to be reversed in time so I can get an epidural (no doubt in my mind on this one) and so the doctors can control my bleeding. It's a little bit of extra fear knowing that I have higher risks than most "normal" moms giving birth, but my baby is going to be well worth it.

So I will be going through pregnancy with you ladies and probably with April, since I will go thru the new mom thing with them too.

I hope everyone has a happy and healthy pregnancy!

Lucas Xavier is here! Born 4/24/2014 at 10:47pm
7 pounds 6 ounces
20.5 inches long

August 30th, 2013, 05:12 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Good luck with this little one and congrats

August 30th, 2013, 06:50 PM
Sheila
Welcome and Congratulations!

After my second son was born I had a TIA (mini stroke)...After much testing I found out I have protein S deficiency when pregnant (also a clotting disorder). I start taking Lovenox shots twice a day around week 24-26 and then switch to heparin 3 times a day. I have been induced early with my last two babies so they could control labor as well. (Epidural is also important to me )

Hopefully your diagnosis and the blood thinners will help you as well! Good luck to you!
baby #5 05/16/13

Make a pregnancy ticker
August 30th, 2013, 06:54 PM
bella88's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
. Sorry that it has been a rough journey to this point for you. I hope you have a wonderful pregnancy with all of the good symptoms and none of the complications. Have a happy and healthy nine months

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search