Appt today and my latest HPT =)

Forum: May 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By *CAMM*

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 30th, 2013, 05:18 PM
*CAMM*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had a really great appt. I had another beta but wont find out the results until Tuesday. Scheduled a follow up appt for 4 weeks and I will have an ultrasound then. They said a big fat no to a VBAC..I have a couple other options but I really like the doctor I saw today.

Here is my first hpt in a couple of days and my first wondfo for this pregnancy.
I'm 18dpo today. The top test is a FRER the bottom is an Answer.
*Leah* likes this.

August 30th, 2013, 05:22 PM
Mega Super Mommy
did you have 2 c-sections already? is that why they said no way? What would your other options be?

August 30th, 2013, 05:24 PM
Ive only had 1 c section (my daughter because she was breech) The hospitals around here do not allow VBACS the legal liability is too great for them.

Other options are a home birth with a midwife or a birthing center (80 miles away..) both are going to cost me 5k out of pocket though... =/

August 30th, 2013, 06:03 PM
Mega Super Mommy
5k!! wow thats really crazy. I talked to my midwife today and the birthing center here only costs $500. Are midwives not covered by health insurance?

August 30th, 2013, 06:21 PM
With my insurance they will only cover a certified nurse midwife in conjunction with a hospital birth. They wont cover a home birth or a birthing center. All insurance policies are different here and each state has their own laws regarding midwives and where they can practice.

For me this means I have to travel 80 miles to the largest city to find a CNM in a hospital. It blows.

A hospital birth with an OB will cost me 1200.

August 30th, 2013, 06:37 PM
bella88's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Aw that sucks about the VBAC but how great do your tests look! I am stressing about my ICs because they aren't as dark as the control line lol. I guess on the upside you will know exactly when your baby will get here!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search