When to pick names?

Forum: May 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MadMay

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 3rd, 2013, 10:08 PM
Veteran
We have already started picking names. We have found a boy name we like Bricen Alexander and we are still working on girl names. When I told someone that we found the boy name we love they told me that its to early and it will change before the baby comes many times over.

The thing about my SO and I is that we are usually first decisions is the right one type people. His ex and him picked his daughters name like the first week of pregnancy. So I do think it will stick.

When do you guys pick names? Any floating around yet, are you the type to go back and forth on names?
September 3rd, 2013, 10:21 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We will use the name we had picked out in the past for a boy Andrew Phillip and not completely sure about a girl yet been tossing Erin around

2 beautiful angels with me and 6 angels up in heaven.

September 3rd, 2013, 11:10 PM
Masesmama's Avatar Veteran
With DS we looked at every name there was but we didn't choose a name until we found out gender at 19 weeks. We found my sons name at like 12 weeks along and continued looking at other names, but we just knew when we found out it was a boy that was going to be his name because we didn't like any others as much. This time I'm going to wait until we find out gender to really look at names at all I think. I want to take it slow lol.

Expecting Baby Boy #2!

Due May 12, 2014!

September 3rd, 2013, 11:24 PM
Veteran
lol we are so not patient we found our girl name Rhedyn Lilianna
September 4th, 2013, 01:15 AM
bella88's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Lol people seem to stress over names and then get stressed over not having a name yet later. Why not pick names as soon as you know what you like? Our names have been picked since before pregnancy. The boy one is locked in for sure and the girl one may change but probably not.

September 4th, 2013, 07:46 AM
mommy2b43's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I love talking names- with my first two we had a girl name picked out before we got pregnant. This time we have both names although I'm a little unsure about the boy option. We don't share names until we've named the baby (after the 20 week ultrasound) because we don't want other people's opinions/input

(I think we will probably get crap about this girl name if it goes that way because it's not really common but oh well
September 4th, 2013, 07:55 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We don't start talking about names until after the gender scan and didn't decide with DS until like a week before I was induced. We procrastinate!

September 4th, 2013, 08:03 AM
*CAMM*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We pretty much have our girl name already...boy name is harder. We are not finding out the gender so its going to be ever harder!

September 4th, 2013, 08:22 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We didn't officially name our daughter till after she was born because we hadn't decided on anything until then...this time around DH thinks he has our boy name picked out (I like it but I'm not convinced it's the one). We have a girl name we both like but I'm not going to say it is set in stone...I'm pretty certain we won't need anyway Boys names are harder for us.

September 4th, 2013, 05:25 PM
MadMay's Avatar Super Mommy
We had our names picked out two weeks before finding out because we were ttc. I dont see a reason not to pick out a name early if thats your preference and if you change your mind thats okay no harm done! I was suposed to be a Megan Nicole and my mother changed her mind in the hospital lol Im glad Im so not a Megan! Im much happier with Alena Kay.

September 4th, 2013, 06:12 PM
acmd03's Avatar Lincoln's Mommy
When you know a name fits, it doesn't matter how early it is! We had two boy names picked by probably 8 weeks pregnant with our son and picked the one we liked best when we found out the gender, so we plan to use the second name if this one is a boy. A girl.....we might not make it out of the hospital with a named baby if it's a girl! We love lots of girl names, we just can't seem to agree on any!

September 4th, 2013, 06:31 PM
With my other pregnancies, we started tossing name ideas around from the beginning. This time I am not sure how it will work but I will probably start talking to the adoptive mom about names in the coming weeks. I am hoping I can be a part of the process.

Baking a bean for a wonderful family

September 5th, 2013, 12:04 PM
Tree_Love's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We chose names when I thought I was pregnant a few weeks after my DS was born... My stupid cousin used our girl name, so when I actually fell pregnant we chose a new name with the same middle. We have had 3 losses though and felt the names we chose didn't fit our angel babies, so we decided on new names for them. We will keep the names we have chosen until we write them on a birth certificate. Our top picks are Colter Judah and Ireleigh Mirabel, our secondary picks (in case we get lucky with twins! Hehe) are Sylas Kane (DH isn't real set on that though) and Edna Carolina (after a dear family friend).

We won't tell people until after birth besides our parents and close friends. We got a lot of flack for Roghan ("you mean Rogaine? What if he's bald! Hahaha" ugh, people sucked) so we figure they won't be jerks when they know the name won't be changing no matter how much chastising is done.

Elan Dakota 7/28/2012
Paxx Tarlow & Sage Finley 10/20/2012
Rhys Caelan 5/3/2013

Last edited by Tree_Love; September 5th, 2013 at 12:07 PM.
September 5th, 2013, 12:17 PM
inyourhonor's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We will discuss names from now till we found out, we'll narrow it down. By the time we find out we usually have our names chosen.

Killian Rivers born April 17th at 36 weeks

Killian's Birth Story
September 5th, 2013, 12:30 PM
MadMay's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tree_Love View Post
We chose names when I thought I was pregnant a few weeks after my DS was born... My stupid cousin used our girl name, so when I actually fell pregnant we chose a new name with the same middle. We have had 3 losses though and felt the names we chose didn't fit our angel babies, so we decided on new names for them. We will keep the names we have chosen until we write them on a birth certificate. Our top picks are Colter Judah and Ireleigh Mirabel, our secondary picks (in case we get lucky with twins! Hehe) are Sylas Kane (DH isn't real set on that though) and Edna Carolina (after a dear family friend).

We won't tell people until after birth besides our parents and close friends. We got a lot of flack for Roghan ("you mean Rogaine? What if he's bald! Hahaha" ugh, people sucked) so we figure they won't be jerks when they know the name won't be changing no matter how much chastising is done.
Ireleigh is so so so pretty and unique never heard it before good choice! ps I like Roghan it makes me think of Game of Thrones a good Targaryen lol (#nerd)
BamaLove likes this.

September 5th, 2013, 12:33 PM
Tree_Love's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMay View Post

Ireleigh is so so so pretty and unique never heard it before good choice! ps I like Roghan it makes me think of Game of Thrones a good Targaryen lol (#nerd)
Thank you! We had chosen Ryleigh, so Ireleigh is close enough without being the same. I have never seen Game of Thrones... Guess I should check it out!

Elan Dakota 7/28/2012
Paxx Tarlow & Sage Finley 10/20/2012
Rhys Caelan 5/3/2013

September 6th, 2013, 02:43 AM
BamaLove's Avatar Veteran
Best TV show ever

We have our names picked out but it may change the closer we get to finding out the gender.

September 6th, 2013, 06:22 AM
LUSHaye's Avatar Super Mommy
We've already started picking out names. SO woke up one morning at the buttcrack of dawn and started googling like a mad man.
So far, we have two picked out. One for a girl, one for a boy. Not sure if we'll decide on any others but it's still early. We've got time (:
September 6th, 2013, 01:02 PM
Veteran
It's never too early Our girl name is the same from last time and we have it narrowed to two boy names (DH is set on the name while I'm not sure).

**Thank you, bokkechick, for my beautiful signature!**

September 7th, 2013, 01:19 PM
ashleyjo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We haven't started talking names... Our oldest wasn't named until about 30 weeks, and our little guy, we picked his name at lunch after his 20 week us..

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search