Double strollers

Forum: May 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By mommy2b43
  • 1 Post By jmills1129

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 4th, 2013, 10:49 AM
Maybe it's too early to be thinking about this, since we haven't had u/s or a HB or anything, but what's a really good double stroller? They all seem so expensive but since we'll have 2 under 2 I think it's important! I will also hopefully be babywearing one and using our single stroller, but I still want a double.
September 4th, 2013, 11:22 AM
ToMuchElmo's Avatar Veteran
I don't know what brands are reallty good, but I have to say I love having a jogging stroller. I don't jog, but I walk alot. They are much more gentle for the kids, and for me on the cracked up sidewalks around here.
September 4th, 2013, 12:35 PM
Lyndsey2013's Avatar Mom to 2 + 3
I'm sorry I don't have any experience, but we are looking for a double stroller as well. I'm going to make a decision based on wheels probably, and I think will go with a 'long' version instead of 'wide'.

Gabriel Tomás, 4/29/14
September 4th, 2013, 02:47 PM
mommy2b43's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have a cheapo (all things are relative it was probably about $160) Graco that's a sit and stand that also has two seats and can fit a baby seat. I thought I wanted just a sit and stand because older dd was 4 but I've only ever used it with both seats. I plan to use it with a Graco infant carseats now. We took it to Disney and it worked out really well. It's not as nice as my friend's $600 stroller but it works.
mkljmom likes this.
September 4th, 2013, 04:15 PM
jmills1129's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It depends on what you are going to be doing with it. I use my stroller to work out/jog with, So I will be getting a double jogger. The one I prefer is the BOB Revolution Duallie. I tried 3 single jogging strollers before the BOB (because of price) and I wish I would have just bought the BOB in the first place. I have the BOB revolution single stroller now and LOVE it! So I am sold on BOB's brand and will be buying the BOB Revolution Duallie. It is spendy, but practically pushes it self. You have to weigh the pros and cons of all strollers and find what is worth it for you, and what is something you can live without Good Luck!
Masesmama likes this.

9w4d, June, 16 2013
Missing My Angel baby
September 4th, 2013, 04:22 PM
mommy2b43's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh that's something I didn't mention- my stroller is good for places that are flat which works for us because we're not outdoorsy people definitely wouldn't work on grass or anything.
September 5th, 2013, 12:07 AM
We live in Alaska so lots of trails and outdoors stuff. Probably am going to have to just save up and consider it an investment!
September 5th, 2013, 09:30 AM
Masesmama's Avatar Veteran
Totally a bob!!! They are the best money can buy lol. Especially if you're going to be in trails and things where you need better wheels. I also liked my single baby trend jogger but I don't think they come in double.

Expecting Baby Boy #2!

Due May 12, 2014!

September 5th, 2013, 09:30 AM
Sassafrass's Avatar Running Mamma
I have a double chariot jogger(can be used multiple ways). I run a lot, so thats why I bought it. If we go to the mall, I still wear my almost 2 yr old and my 3.5yr old goes in a stroller. Not sure my plan once baby is born!

Brady('97)
Olivia('98)
Gavin('00)
Jaiden('03)
Gage('05)
Sloan('10)
Silas('11)
and 3 in my heart(3/13, 6/13 & 9/13)

Cautiously expecting our precious rainbow baby 02/18/15

September 5th, 2013, 10:01 AM
Mega Super Mommy
This is what I had when my girls were little. We used the crap out of it. It was great in grass and on cement equally. I got mine off of craigslist for like just over a $100 so I got it for a steal

Joovy - Black Caboose Stand On Tandem Double Stroller

2 beautiful angels with me and 6 angels up in heaven.

September 8th, 2013, 09:06 AM
ashleyjo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have a contours options double stroller.. It has two removable seats that you can turn to face each other, away from each other, etc. It also has an attachment that you can use to hook an infant seat to. I recently got a double jogging stroller & I love that too!!

September 8th, 2013, 09:12 AM
inyourhonor's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have the sit and stand double stroller, but when I had my 2 under 2, I wore my baby and used an umbrella with my middle son.

I've have a friend who has the City Mini double stroller and loves it.

Killian Rivers born April 17th at 36 weeks

Killian's Birth Story

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search