Have you decided who you want in the delivery room with you?

Forum: May 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 4th, 2013, 07:52 PM
bugz
-Post deleted as I am permanently leaving this forum do to bullying and extremely rude people. I do not recommend this forum to anyone unless you want to be bullied. The mods do absolutely nothing to stop it. If you are a bully you will fit in great.

Last edited by bugz; August 30th, 2014 at 07:15 PM.
September 4th, 2013, 09:06 PM
rebeccabaltimore and more's Avatar (rebeccabaltimore)
My hospital didn't really care about how many people were there. When I was induced with my first, my sister and mom and MIL were in and out, but when he was born, it was just me and my husband (he came REALLY fast at the end!) Same story with my second delivery, only it was a full term delivery with an expected happier outcome, so EVERYONE wanted to visit. The induction took forever, and it was boring (we switched to a c-section in the end). So I had lots of people in an out. But I knew that as soon as I got close, EVERYBODY OUT! I just wanted my husband for the actual birth. That's how it was with the c-section - lots of doctors and nurses, but as for family, it was just me, my husband, and our new baby boy!

Thank you Vicki for my awesome siggy!!

September 4th, 2013, 09:57 PM
Sheila
I allow any family to come in during the earlier stages of labor, and once I get an epidural, as long as delivery isn't super close they can come in and chat. However, I don't like for people to see me in pain, and I know I would suppress some of what I was feeling during delivery if it were anyone but DH. Every time I have entertained the idea of letting my mom and MIL into the room, but in the end I just can't do it. It is nice that it is just me and DH for a little while after the baby is born. (With a few billion nurses and doctors of course. )
baby #5 05/16/13

Make a pregnancy ticker
September 4th, 2013, 10:01 PM
Veteran
i will only have my bf and my mom in for the delicery everyone else will be allowed to visit beofre and after

Little One never forgotten 10/17/2013

Sarah & Michael
Hoping for a little miracle

September 4th, 2013, 10:27 PM
Masesmama's Avatar Veteran
Planning to have my baby at home, so I will probably have my sister, husband, my son, my mother in law, doula, of course midwife.

Expecting Baby Boy #2!

Due May 12, 2014!

September 4th, 2013, 11:24 PM
bella88's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
DH and possibly my best friend but it will probably just be DH and I.

September 5th, 2013, 04:59 AM
inyourhonor's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm planning my 3rd home birth and in my previous ones, it was my midwife, her student, another midwife and my husband. That was all I wanted and needed. IF I have to go to the hospital this time, it'll just be my husband and whatever staff has to be in the room.

Killian Rivers born April 17th at 36 weeks

Killian's Birth Story
September 5th, 2013, 05:27 AM
girlsofsummer's Avatar Us two became we three <3
I'm still undecided. Definitely my DH, mom and two sisters. That may be it. Although this is my MIL's first grandchild, but she can be a bit intense in medical situations. Heck, every situation!
September 5th, 2013, 08:25 AM
mkljmom's Avatar Super Mommy
I am really private about it. I just want my mom and DH. I don't like anyone in the room while im laboring and i often even kick my mom and DH out until I have to push. I like to be left alone and have the room as quiet and dark as I can.

AFTER...I love visitors for the first day or so...then I like to be private again for a week or two until everyone adjusts. I've really upset my in-laws in the past by acting this way, but hopefully they are used to it by now!
xagamama likes this.
September 5th, 2013, 09:19 AM
Super Mommy
I haven't decided on this yet. DH of course. I am not ready to think about my mom or his mom yet.

Lucas Xavier is here! Born 4/24/2014 at 10:47pm
7 pounds 6 ounces
20.5 inches long

September 5th, 2013, 09:22 AM
Sassafrass's Avatar Running Mamma
Having another home birth. So my husband, my kids, midwife and her back up midwife

Brady('97)
Olivia('98)
Gavin('00)
Jaiden('03)
Gage('05)
Sloan('10)
Silas('11)
and 3 in my heart(3/13, 6/13 & 9/13)

Cautiously expecting our precious rainbow baby 02/18/15

September 5th, 2013, 09:23 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I was very very happy with the birth being just me and my sons father last time.

My mom was going to come out for the first one but she missed it by 2 days. Maybe this time she will make it lol. No one else around though, I dont want to have to worry about whos around when Im getting checked and stuff. Not all my or my DHs family needs to be seeing that.

September 5th, 2013, 10:09 AM
Mega Super Mommy
With DD #1 it was my DH, MIL, my mom, Doula, Midwife, and whatever nurses needed to be in there. With DD #2 it was the same as before but my SIL got to stay too. If this one is sticky and makes it to that point I think i just want DH and me since we are going to have to have someone be with my girls. I want my girls to see their sibling first before anyone else in the family so they will be at the hospital as long as they dont miss school.

2 beautiful angels with me and 6 angels up in heaven.

September 5th, 2013, 11:03 AM
ToMuchElmo's Avatar Veteran
I'd like to have a friend of mine as support and have my husband at home with the kids, but he took offense to this, so it will be my kids at my friends house and my husband with me. To bad because he's kind of useless during a natural, no meds labor.
September 5th, 2013, 12:26 PM
Tree_Love's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
With my first my husband, mom, dad, MIL and best friends were in out during labor. Just my DH and mom were there for birth. Hospitals wig me out, especially when *I* was connected to all those leads so I didn't even tell people I was being induced besides the important ones. I didn't want people at the hospital besides the afore mentioned, it was GREAT. We got DS all to ourselves and I didn't have to have people buzzing around me while I was still leaking obscene amounts of human-building supplies. Once we were home we told people that he was here and they could come visit.

With this one, barring complications, we will have at home. Probably the same crowd, plus DS. Depends on how I feel then. I was terrified about the induction last time, but if I am confortable I might be more open to visitors.

Elan Dakota 7/28/2012
Paxx Tarlow & Sage Finley 10/20/2012
Rhys Caelan 5/3/2013

September 5th, 2013, 03:17 PM
jmills1129's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I will have my DH and possibly my mom. With my first it was just them and the hospital staff, but i was a different experience this time, so If my mom cannot remain calm, then she will be booted out! Oh and we are having a birth photographer at our next birth!!!
ItalySarah likes this.

9w4d, June, 16 2013
Missing My Angel baby
September 6th, 2013, 03:45 AM
BamaLove's Avatar Veteran
It will most likely just be DH and me I want others to come in before and after the birth but during the process just us as new parents holding our baby alone for the first few precious moments

September 6th, 2013, 07:27 AM
LUSHaye's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm pretty set on just having my SO and my sister. Everyone else can hang out in the waiting room.
I figure I'll let my mom and his mom and dad come in fairly shortly after the birth, but I figure I'll want some quiet bonding time since I haven't had kids before.
September 6th, 2013, 03:18 PM
ItalySarah's Avatar Proud Attached Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmills1129 View Post
I will have my DH and possibly my mom. With my first it was just them and the hospital staff, but i was a different experience this time, so If my mom cannot remain calm, then she will be booted out! Oh and we are having a birth photographer at our next birth!!!
I am a birth photographer, I LOVE shooting babies being born. It is such a special time.

I know for sure my daughter will be with me, other than that I am not sure. If my db wants to be in there, that will be fine with me. and possibly the adopting mother.

September 6th, 2013, 07:19 PM
rebeccabaltimore and more's Avatar (rebeccabaltimore)
Keep intense relatives away! They can stall your labor, or just piss you off. I have a friend from MY May DDC (2010) who actually lied to her MIL about her due date! She's due any day, and her MIL doesn't realize it.

Thank you Vicki for my awesome siggy!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search