When will you start wearing maternity?

Forum: May 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 5 Post By mkljmom
  • 1 Post By Nel

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 11th, 2013, 11:20 PM
Masesmama's Avatar Veteran
When do you think you'll start? I started around 14-16 weeks with my first. Right now the bloating is killing me so I'm in yoga pants, stretchy anything, leggings and dresses until either I am showing and can wear maternity jeans or the bloat goes away and I fit in my jeans again lol. I think I will be in full maternity gear around 10-12 weeks this time around though. I'm not a mom who is blessed with hips that stay the same size throughout a pregnancy and can just wear my regular jeans under my bump lol.

Expecting Baby Boy #2!

Due May 12, 2014!

September 12th, 2013, 01:24 AM
bella88's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Lol well at this rate maybe tomorrow . Getting pretty thick and looking pudgy despite being at least 3kgs down on my starting weight. On the upside my legs haven't been this nice and slim since the start of last year so at least I have rocking legs for now .

September 12th, 2013, 05:48 AM
inyourhonor's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Probably never. I'll alter my regular pants till I can't fit into them and then by the time I'd consider it, it'll be warming up so I'll just wear light summery pants or skirts.

I live in hoodies 99.9% of the time as well as t-shirts and jeans. I have one pair of maternity jeans from my oldest but those are packed away haha.

But, I guess I shouldn't say never. This is my 4th and by the time I was 23 weeks with my 3rd I looked like I was due. So, I may possibly end up having to buy something. But, it probably won't be till Januaryish if I do.

Killian Rivers born April 17th at 36 weeks

Killian's Birth Story
September 12th, 2013, 06:08 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I started around 16 weeks with my first but I'm guessing it will be much sooner this time around. Right now I am in that icky in between stage where due to bloat none of my pants are comfy. So I'm living in yoga pants and t-shirts. I refuse to buy clothes for this in-between stage but I'm getting really tired of looking sloppy all the time!

September 12th, 2013, 06:31 AM
ashleyjo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
With my first it was around 14-15 weeks, with second it was 10-12 weeks.. I'm guessing probably the same with this one..

September 12th, 2013, 06:39 AM
mkljmom's Avatar Super Mommy
Usually around 9/10 weeks. I'm trying my best to wear normal clothes as long as possible this time bc we want to wait to announce. Unfortunately I already look pregnant d/t "the bloat" and zero ab muscles. We are having a heat wave this week and can't hide behind sweatshirts. My grandma (who at 83 has NO tact) told me yesterday that I looked "hefty". Thanks grandma.
Nel, bella88, Bria'sMommy and 2 others like this.
September 12th, 2013, 06:40 AM
Veteran
My son is 2 and I never stopped (blush). I'm not talking full on belly panel type stuff, but I have a few maternity tanks that are just longer that I never stopped wearing, and two pairs of pants with invisible elastic in the waist that are so comfy that I just kept wearing them. And a few empire waist dresses. But, I also wore a lot of non-maternity clothes when I was pregnant (empire waist sundresses, etc). I will probably wait until 25 weeks or so before bringing out the belly panel stuff again, depends on how fast I show

#1: DS born 8.25.11 at 40w1d
#2: chemical pregnancy 6.26.13 at 4w3d
#3: miscarriage after heartbeat 9.20.13 at 7w (trisomy 14)
#4: chemical pregnancy 12.2.13 at 5w
#5: hoping this is my RAINBOW baby. EDD 10.17.14

September 12th, 2013, 06:49 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I will be sooner than my first. With my first it was after the 3 month mark, maybe 4 months even. I already look pregnant now, so ya.... very soon id think lol
Lyndsey2013 likes this.

September 12th, 2013, 07:49 AM
Sassafrass's Avatar Running Mamma
I am not sure. I have shown at different stages with all of them.

Brady('97)
Olivia('98)
Gavin('00)
Jaiden('03)
Gage('05)
Sloan('10)
Silas('11)
and 3 in my heart(3/13, 6/13 & 9/13)

Cautiously expecting our precious rainbow baby 02/18/15

September 12th, 2013, 02:11 PM
Masesmama's Avatar Veteran
I am living in Maxi dresses and skirts right now lol. I'll be happy when I start to look pregnant so I don't feel awkwardly chunky. I'm already a little fluffy to begin with so I just look silly right now lol. I really wanted to buy these side panel jeans that just have elastic on the side seam but they were out of my size, so here I sit in dresses. I can't really hide it because it's 95 degrees here and I'm dying in anything more than a tank top!

Expecting Baby Boy #2!

Due May 12, 2014!

September 12th, 2013, 02:15 PM
Veteran
Not sure. The bloating has made it uncomfortable to wear my jeans. I can still fit in some shorts but autumn is approaching so I will likely be in yoga or sweat pants until I can fit into maternity ones. I kept everything from my first pregnancy so I dont think I will buy any more.

**Thank you, bokkechick, for my beautiful signature!**

September 12th, 2013, 04:14 PM
Lyndsey2013's Avatar Mom to 2 + 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nel View Post
I will be sooner than my first. With my first it was after the 3 month mark, maybe 4 months even. I already look pregnant now, so ya.... very soon id think lol
I was 5 or 6 months with my first before I started showing, but I already look 16 weeks! I know it will be much sooner, just not sure exactly when.

Gabriel Tomás, 4/29/14
September 12th, 2013, 04:59 PM
peace.love.audrey's Avatar Twins? Pinch me!
I'm fat so it will be awhile. I think I was 22+ weeks with my daughter.

8.27.10 1.30.11 3.18.13
Don't believe in God? You're not alone!
September 12th, 2013, 06:08 PM
bugz
I'm not sure but probably not for quite a while. I'm 6 weeks and haven't changed at all. But I pretty much live in 'jeggings' and tanks so I have quite a bit of growing room!
September 12th, 2013, 06:10 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I showed at 12ish weeks with my son and now I am already starting to look pregnant and can't button my jeans so I pulled out the Bella band for now but I will prolly be in maternity by 8weeks

September 13th, 2013, 08:51 AM
Veteran
I still have a small diastasis from my last pregnancy so my stomach muscles protrude a bit on their own! There is no hiding this for me. As soon as my uterus starts to grow my muscles begin to bulge more and you can tell. And this is my 5th so I feel like I already look pregnant. It makes it hard to keep it a secret till the perfect time to announce.

How can there be too many children? That is like saying there are too many flowers. ~ Blessed Mother Teresa
September 14th, 2013, 03:17 AM
LUSHaye's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm not too sure. I'm figuring I'll start showing around 14ish weeks. Seems like a good number. But as far as ballooning out of my current clothes...not sure.
September 14th, 2013, 07:37 AM
Seaweed's Avatar Super Mommy
Not sure lol. I know your belly starts to grow after the 12 weeks but you are not showing for a while still and according to countdown to pregnancy I should start considering maternity in December. I am also small so my bump might be small too so....when my clothes stop fitting me I suppose lol I have know idea not done this before!
September 14th, 2013, 09:45 AM
mommy2b43's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I didn't show early with either of my first ones. With my second I have a picture at 16 weeks and I'm in maternity but I look a little silly because its huge on me. I am 8 weeks and my regular jeans still fit fine and my leggings have some room- I lost weight over the last year so a lot of my clothes are a little roomy anyway. I will probably switch for comfort before I need to switch for actual size. I'm mostly living in yoga pants anyway.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search