This has not been a fun weekend

Forum: May 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By *CAMM*

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 16th, 2013, 04:54 AM
inyourhonor's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I ended up in the ER at 4:40am on Saturday, I wasn't released till noon. I had a gall bladder attack (I've had many, managed through diet but this one came out of nowhere. My last was over a year and a half ago.) and they did blood work, an ultrasound and I had to meet with a surgeon.

Now, I have to call the surgeon today and set up a meeting to talk getting it out. I'm not thrilled with this. But, after a long discussion this weekend with my husband, I'm going to do it. So that means I have to set up an appointment with an OB to be checked out with the baby. Make sure everything is okay that way and then we'll move onto surgery. I'm just nervous of another miscarriage.

I spent the rest of Saturday sleeping, then all day Sunday laying on the couch because I was very stiff and extremely sore. I'm hoping today goes by easy, thankfully two of my boys will be in school and it's just my youngest and I. So if I'm slow, he'll be fine with it.

I hope you all had a better weekend than I did!

Killian Rivers born April 17th at 36 weeks

Killian's Birth Story
September 16th, 2013, 05:30 AM
Decemberhill's Avatar Nicole
Oh no! I hope there aren't any complications with having it removed and that you feel much better really soon!

Mom to Ava (8) and Layla (6). Bennett Scott due May 19, 2014!
September 16th, 2013, 05:54 AM
Kellylovesricky's Avatar & Mikey & Isabella
Wow! I hope the surgery will be your answer!

September 16th, 2013, 06:16 AM
*CAMM*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I know just how you feel...when I was pregnant with my first I had massive attacks..I would spend nights on the floor curled up in a ball and crying and throwing up. The last straw was an attack that lasted from 9pm to 4 am and I had to crawl up the stairs to wake my husband to take me to the ER. Felt like knives being stuck in my side and back and twisted. They told me a stone was stuck in my duct causing the horrible pain. I managed to avoid surgery for the next 5 months while he was baking away..but it was hard...I ate nothing but cereal mostly! I had that sucker removed when he was 3 months old...best decision ever!

I hope your recovery is smooth and everything goes well!! Lots of good thoughts your way!!

Last edited by *CAMM*; September 16th, 2013 at 06:19 AM.
September 16th, 2013, 07:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by *CAMM* View Post
I know just how you feel...when I was pregnant with my first I had massive attacks..I would spend nights on the floor curled up in a ball and crying and throwing up. The last straw was an attack that lasted from 9pm to 4 am and I had to crawl up the stairs to wake my husband to take me to the ER. Felt like knives being stuck in my side and back and twisted. They told me a stone was stuck in my duct causing the horrible pain. I managed to avoid surgery for the next 5 months while he was baking away..but it was hard...I ate nothing but cereal mostly! I had that sucker removed when he was 3 months old...best decision ever!

I hope your recovery is smooth and everything goes well!! Lots of good thoughts your way!!
My worst was 16 hours straight, going to the ER and then having to leave the next day for a 4 hour car trip down state. It was the worst. I probably should have had it removed then, but I was 14 weeks pregnant with my 2nd son and the doctors didn't say I should have it out.

Now I have doctors telling me I should. I had 2 stones this time and one had plugged my duct also.

I'm about to call the surgeon. I really don't want to do this but I know in the end, it should be the best option. :/

Killian's Birth Story
September 16th, 2013, 07:36 AM
*CAMM*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
They told me if I had one more attack I was at risk for rupture so I either had to go in for surgery or eat basically cardboard for the rest of the pregnancy. It was hard. I didnt have anymore attacks though but the diet was awful. I was 5 months pregnant when they told me this.

When I had my last attack and went to the ER they stuck me in a room the size of a closet..no pain meds for 2 hours and then I had to stay there without any food for another 10 hours..no tv.no books...no magazines..and it was so noisy I couldnt sleep..it was the worst experience during my pregnancy. Miserable 2 days for sure.

If they say it's safe I would go ahead and have it out now... gall bladder pain is one of the worst pains I've ever felt and I dont wish that on anyone.

September 16th, 2013, 07:56 AM
Sassafrass's Avatar Running Mamma
Ive had gall stones for 13 years!! I rarely have attacks now because I eat really lean. But when I do have an attack its horrible. I was actually awake till about 4am with an attack saturday night.

Im to stubborn to get it out.

Brady('97)
Olivia('98)
Gavin('00)
Jaiden('03)
Gage('05)
Sloan('10)
Silas('11)
and 3 in my heart(3/13, 6/13 & 9/13)

Cautiously expecting our precious rainbow baby 02/18/15

September 16th, 2013, 08:26 AM
I felt like crap, not because of the pain, but because my husband was up for over 24 hours tending to me, making sure I was okay and then driving me to the ER. I had to send him home and have my mom come up and stay with me. I kept apologizing.

I'm hoping they'll let me put it off a few more weeks, just so I can get past this early stage of pregnancy. The anesthesia and pain meds, there are risks with that and after having my miscarriage last month, I'm afraid to lose this one. He was very adamant I see an OB before, which is fine by me.

I'm going to do it. I ended up watching TV land while I was by myself. I would have been miserable in that room as well!

I'm also SO glad I told my mom the minute she showed up, that I'm pregnant. Because we had one nurse just walk in look at me and go "You're pregnant!" That would have been a crappy way for her to have found out!

I'm usually stubborn as well, I just can't take dealing with it anymore. I eat lean as well, greasy foods are few and very far between. We tried this new BBQ place down the street from us and we think it was the spicy sauce that set it off :/

Killian's Birth Story
September 16th, 2013, 09:56 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Sounds like no fun at all!! Sorry you had such a bad weekend.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search