due date confusion

Forum: May 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By mrsdaiwa24
  • 1 Post By Del4
  • 1 Post By Beeker

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 22nd, 2013, 12:11 PM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
Hi girls!

I'm confused about my due date. Some due date calculators have it at May 27 -- these are the ones that you only enter in your LMP. My Fertility Friend calculator says June 2nd because I had such a long cycle (I didn't even O until Day 21). The doctor's office just asked me for the LMP and didn't ask me how long my cycle was. Ultimately, I know it will depend on how the baby is growing (and with DD, Fertility Friend's calculator was supposedly wrong according to other sources).

So which would you use? I'm afraid you all will think I'm a fraud because I can't even figure out my due date.
September 22nd, 2013, 12:20 PM
Regular
You're not a fraud I would base it off your last period only because the first start day is an easier way to get how man weeks. Make sense? But when you go for your ultrasound that'll be a better measurement. As you already stated! All my apps and calenders have me at 3 different days too.
September 22nd, 2013, 01:55 PM
LUSHaye's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'll have to double check which sites I've been looking at. One asks how long my cycle is and the other doesn't. But my ballpark due date range is May 5th all the way to the 22nd. I guess to account for going two weeks past the original due date?
September 22nd, 2013, 02:04 PM
Well then I guess I'll go with the 27th for now -- I like the sound of that one better anyway!

Thanks!
mm1031 likes this.
September 22nd, 2013, 02:49 PM
Del4's Avatar Super Mommy
I always go with the later date. In fact, I took my latest date according to my cycle and then added a week! I don't want ANY pressure at the end and from experience, I always go over. If I were seeing an OB I would be very adamant about the latest date possible because once you hit 40wks - sometimes 39 - they start harping about inducing immediately and blah blah blah. I let my babies come in their own time so I try to give them as much time as possible in a medical setting. Any intervention ups the risk of something going wrong unless you are intervening because something is already wrong. Good luck to you and congratulations!!
emilyeeb likes this.

September 22nd, 2013, 02:49 PM
MommaBean18's Avatar Gabe & Mason's Mommy
The JM calendar has put me at May 26 or May 27 depending if I use my LMP or our conception date! Due date buddies! (Possibly!)

September 22nd, 2013, 05:50 PM
ToMuchElmo's Avatar Veteran
With my first daughter I was temping and tracking with FF. I knew when I o'd and when my EDD would be. I ovulate in the 3rd week generally, the office argued my EDD with me and then ordered an u/s. I was right
September 22nd, 2013, 06:00 PM
emilyeeb's Avatar Veteran
I am in basically the same boat as you. I visit the doctor next week and I know they will give me an incorrect due date at first. My cycles aren't 28 days, they are 35 days. So I use the internet calculators that base the due date on when you ovulate. (I ovulate most likely on my day 21 also.) I keep track of periods on mymonthlycycles website and have for a few years now. According to my charting, day 21 was September 5th for me. So my due date is May 29th, as of now. And I totally agree with Del4! You want the latest due date possible because they will talk about induction before even being 2 weeks late. I was 10 days late with my first and I had to beg the doc to believe me that something was changing and I could tell I would go into labor naturally very soon. The morning of my appt. to discuss induction, sure enough I was already in labor and delivered my baby naturally 15 hours later.
September 22nd, 2013, 06:07 PM
See, with DD, I was initially going with the FF due date even though the doctor's office said it should be earlier. When I went in for the first appointment, baby's measurements were consistent with the doctor's EDD and not FF's (and seeing how she was born earlier than the doc's EDD, it was a mute point anyway). I know the EDD is really just a guess but I'm still bummed that it's so confusing. I know the doc will give me a better idea once I go in for the appointment, but that's not until the middle of October.

(sigh!) I guess I'll just say anywhere from 5/27 -- 6/2. I know when I o'd so all the wishful thinking right now won't give me an earlier due date.

Last edited by mrsdaiwa24; September 22nd, 2013 at 06:35 PM.
September 22nd, 2013, 10:48 PM
Andrea1122's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Location: California, Thank you military for sending us back home
I am a week further along according to my OB file, than I feel I am. I have 35day cycles so when I made my ticker and calculated my due date with a 35 day cycle. But my doc and nurse don't do that, they just go off a 28 day cycle.. Once I have my first U/S I will know for sure what my due date will be..

September 22nd, 2013, 11:37 PM
Beeker's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think a should have our babies the same day. How cool would that be!
mrsdaiwa24 likes this.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!!
September 22nd, 2013, 11:39 PM
Veteran
When I went in for an ultrasound I measured 3 days behind where I thought should but I will take that like what Del4 said the later my due date the less chance of induction
September 23rd, 2013, 03:05 PM
Super Mommy
Congrats! If you know which day you actually ovulated, that will be your more accurate due date. And as others said, you do NOT want doctors insisting you're "overdue" when in fact you've been pregnant a whole week less than they think. So definitely show them your fertility friend chart so they put down the correct date from the start!
September 23rd, 2013, 03:14 PM
You ladies are right about the later due date. So that makes me officially 4 weeks today!

Last edited by mrsdaiwa24; September 23rd, 2013 at 03:53 PM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search