What size?

Forum: May 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 30th, 2013, 08:52 AM
Veteran
My son was induced (that whole part irritates me, but I know better this time). Active labor was only 10 hours, with 20 min of pushing. The doctor literally came in long enough to catch him because he didnt believe the nurses that I was progressing that quickly. It was a Saturday and part of me believes the Pitocin and his waiting til the last minute was because it was the weekend. I've since switched doctors.

Oh and he was 8lbs, 9 oz and 20 1/4 in. He was born a week before the due date thank goodness!

**Thank you, bokkechick, for my beautiful signature!**

September 30th, 2013, 01:50 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm hoping for a baby around 8lbs. DD was 7lbs 13oz which I was VERY proud of for having type I diabetes. I'm expecting this one to be a bit bigger because it's our second but I hope he won't be too big! DD came at 39+5 without an induction.

My labor was about 48 hours long from start to finish...natural and drug free aside from acupuncture. I'm not sure how long I pushed but it was def. less than an hour. Pushing was the easy part! Didn't even hurt at all! I'm hoping this labor will be much faster; one of the reasons labor with DD was so hard is that I hadn't slept in 2 nights.

Last edited by lovemylittlemiss; September 30th, 2013 at 01:56 PM.
September 30th, 2013, 05:40 PM
PointDefiance's Avatar My job is life itself.
With DD I was having a relatively normal evening, fed horses, started to have some contractions afterwards, tried taking a bath, still felt bad, around 10pm went to L&D I was 3cm, they said if I walked for awhile and could get to 4cm that would admit me. So DH and I walked for an hour, I was a 4... They admitted me, OB came and broke my water around midnight. 1:30am I got an epi, tried to sleep but was too excited. At 7am they said I was 8 or 9, called my parents to drive up, started pushing at about 9:45, OB was shooting for me to have her @10:11 am [so she would be born @ 10:11am on 10/11/11] unfortunately she was born at 10:29 am. She was 7lbs 5oz 18 1/2 inches @ 39 weeks 1 day, but she's not so short now lol
October 3rd, 2013, 11:33 PM
Cheet_oh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
#1. Induced, he was 8 days late, 17 hours labor. I got an epidural 13 hours into labor, pushed for an hour, he weighed 7.3 lbs.

#2. Started labor then stopped, induced, 9 hours labor, epidural. 7.5 lbs

#3. Induced, epidural, 14 hours labor. 6.6 lbs

#4. Induced, epidural, 6 hours labor. 8.0 lbs

#5. Went into labor on my own, 7 hrs, by the time I realized I was in real labor, there was no time to get an epidural. She weighed 7.8lbs

I hope #6 gives me time to get an epidural lol. I guesstimate this baby will be 7.10 lbs

(Angela - 37) (Doug - 32)

(Steven - 20) (Sebastian - 18) (Mina - 13) (Ava - 4) (Aria - 1)

October 4th, 2013, 07:41 AM
Mega Super Mommy
first baby was 2 weeks early and was already almost 8lbs. I would expect this baby to be 7-8lbs this time too. Maybe a bit more towards the 7lbs side

I LOVE fat babies! they are so much cuter at birth lol

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search