What size?

Forum: May 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 29th, 2013, 04:07 PM
ashleyjo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What size baby are you expecting? How long did labor & delivery last for you? How long did you push?

With number one, I was induced, pitocin for 24 hours-- really thought I was going to wind up with a c-section-- got an epi after 17 hours and he was born 7 hours later! I pushed for two of those seven hours though-- ackkkk. He was 10lbs 6oz and 23in long.. TOTALLY didn't expect that AT ALL.. Esp for my first baby..

Number two, I spent Sunday afternoon having pretty steady contractions that I had to breathe through, put number one to bed, went to bed myself, woke up around 4 am still having contractions. Decided to head to L&D to get checked-- wasa 4.. Dr. who was there broke my water and said to start me on pit if I didn't have regular contractions. Around 6 got started on pit, around 8:40 started pushing and he was born at 8:49. So less than ten minutes! He was 9lbs 2oz 21.5 in long!

September 29th, 2013, 04:12 PM
bugz
This is my first baby so obviously I can't answer my past babies or labours, but I have an idea of what to expect. Sadly.

Big babies run on both sides of the families so I'm expecting a big baby (8-10) but hoping for a smaller baby. Small pelvis run on my moms side of the family, which makes labours really long. The average is around 32 hours if I remember correctly. There have been a lot of c-sections so I'm really hoping that I don't need to have one but I probably will, especially if it's a big baby.
September 29th, 2013, 04:22 PM
*CAMM*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My son was 9lbs 12.2 oz and 22 inches long at 38w2d. I was induced (with pit) start to finish labor was 13 hours I pushed for 1.5 hours.

I was induced with cervadil with my daughter at 38 w2d but ended in a c section because surprise...she was breech. She was 8lbs even and 21 inches long.

This time Im expecting another 8-9lb baby and a vbac without interventions.

September 29th, 2013, 04:26 PM
Londons Butterfly's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Londons Butterfly Send a message via Yahoo to Londons Butterfly
First one I labored at home most of the night not knowing I was in labor. Got to the hospital got an epidural and had my daughter two hours after arriving. She was 6lbs 8oz.

Second my water broke, I walked for hours at the hospital, was hooked up to pitocin because contractions never came, then got an epidural, and had my son two hours later. He was 7lbs .8oz. 9 hours at the hospital before having him.

Third my water broke at 11pm, I slept until 7am, no contractions so went in to start pitocin, got the epidural right away, had my son 6 hours after getting to the hospital. He was 7lbs 14oz.

Fourth I had contractions for three weeks before going in for a scheduled induction at 39 weeks. Hooked up to pitocin at 710am, given an epidural immediately, pushed him out in half a push. He was born 3 hours after getting to the hospital. 7lbs 14oz.

This one I expect to go very quick, like an hour. Probably with help from pitocin. Don't plan on getting an epidural though. I want to start labor on my own though but it doesn't seem like it is possible. I am thinking an 8lb baby

Scarlett Diane

September 29th, 2013, 04:29 PM
inyourhonor's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
First, Labor was 24 hours, I don't know how long I pushed but they eventually took him by c-section. It was a snowball effect birth, nothing seemed to go right. He was 7lbs 5oz and 21"

Second, labor was 15 hours, I pushed I think for an hour? He was 7lbs 14oz and 22"

Third, labor was 5 1/2 hours, I pushed for 30 minutes and he was also 7lbs 14oz and 22" although we think he was 8lbs at birth, he pooed on the way out.

I've gone longer each kid and had a shorter labor each time. This baby, I'm sure the weight will be between them.

Killian Rivers born April 17th at 36 weeks

Killian's Birth Story

Last edited by inyourhonor; September 29th, 2013 at 04:37 PM.
September 29th, 2013, 04:35 PM
Decemberhill's Avatar Nicole
With my first, I was induced due to Pre-E. It was 11 days before my due date. So 38 weeks and some days. I had cervadil and pitocin. I was only in labor for less than 12 hours and only pushed for 10 minutes. She as ready. She was 7 Ibs, 12 oz.

With my second, she was a planned c section at 36 weeks. She was 6 Ibs, 2 oz. So I'm not sure what to expect. I would say between 7 and 8 Ibs...I hope. Especially since I want to go natural and have a Vbac!

Mom to Ava (8) and Layla (6). Bennett Scott due May 19, 2014!
September 29th, 2013, 05:07 PM
Andrea1122's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Location: California, Thank you military for sending us back home
1st baby- went into labor on my own at 39.8 weeks. Labored for about 19hours and only 1 hour of pushing. She was born at 6lbs 7oz 19in

2nd- went into labor fast and strong. Labor was only 6hours and 4 contractions of pushing(so maybe 5mins) he was 7lbs 4oz 20in at 38.4 weeks

3rd- I was induced at 39weeks. Was given 1/4dose of cytotec(sp??) at 8am. Water broke at 1030 and contractions started right after. He was born 6 hours later, and just a few contrations of pushing. 8lbs 6oz 21in(he lost almost a lb by 4days : (

I'm hoping to go into labor on my own again or be induced, doesn't matter. I expect it to be a 6ish hour labor again. Hoping for a small baby again 6.5-7.5lbs would be wonderful.

September 29th, 2013, 05:13 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I was induced at 38.4weeks due to heart decelerations detected on a non stress test. Labor was 13 hours with an hour of pushing so 14 total. I had Pitocin with him and he was born 6 lbs 7oz and 20" long.

This one I think labor will be much shorter since my son was posterior the entire time and I want to go into labor naturally. I also think baby will be about 7lbs or so.

September 29th, 2013, 05:19 PM
emilyeeb's Avatar Veteran
I only gave birth once. She was 10 days late at 7 lbs 3 oz, 21 inches long. Started contractions 6 pm. Went to sleep. Next morning had an appt where the doc was going to talk to me about induction, but she realized I was actually already in labor. Around 12 noon, they broke my waters to speed things up. 8 pm I was still only at 3 cm. I had a rough back labor and was on my feet the whole time rocking and throwing up and clenching the bed and apparently not dilating even though I did manage to flip her from sunny side up to the correct postion. And thus, I accepted an intrathecal. I laid down and shook for almost two hours but felt sleepy. Then a little after 10 pm, doc said I was at 10 cm! I pushed for 45 mins. So total active labor according to my paper work states 11 hrs, but that was only from when they broke my waters and on.

This time I am expecting a 7-8 pounder. Hoping the next little figlet (our last name is Bonfiglio-pronounce Bonefeel ee oo but my husband's nickname is figs) isn't sunny side up!
September 29th, 2013, 05:52 PM
mkljmom's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm expecting an 8-9 pounder. My smallest was DD #2 7lbs and 5 oz, at 37 + 5. My 2 largest were 8lbs 15oz. (#1 38+3 and #2 39 wks exactly) #4 was 7lbs 15 oz. at 38 wks exactly.

Labor wise...3 of mine were 6-7 hours. My last was 12 hours. All of my girls were inductions d/t a rough labor with ds. I don't want to be induced again. #4 did not tolerate labor well and it was scary. I had to lay on my side with oxygen the whole time, which I think is what slowed me down. The down side to not being induced...my babies literally come out when they break my water. I am really nervous about going into labor on my own and my water breaking and my 4 yr old delivering her new baby brother or sister!
Mommy to Max 9/21/99, Lucy 8/9/05, Kirby 7/18/07, Jaycie 2/11/09, and expecting baby #5 5/6/14
September 29th, 2013, 06:05 PM
Super Mommy
DI was induced at 39 weeks due to PIH, in labor for 24 hrs and was not dilating. Had c-section. DS was sunny side up and neck hyper extended. Dr also commented earlier in my pregnancy that my pelvis was really small/narrow. DS was 6 lbs 14 oz. I expect baby #2 to be 7 lbs I will be attempting a vbac
TTC#1 for 1 1/2 years~ DS, DJ (3) Conceived naturally using acupuncture and herbs
TTC #2 for 1 1/2 yrs~DH(3 mths on Clomid&Olive Leaf Extract)
Our 1st Clomid & TI cycle August 2013 -BFP on 9/08/13!!!!!!!!

September 29th, 2013, 06:09 PM
peace.love.audrey's Avatar Twins? Pinch me!
My DD and this baby have different fathers so I'm not sure. Both men have completely different body types other than both being 6'3. My DD was 20 hours of labor and 7lbs 10oz. I'm expecting another long delivery.

8.27.10 1.30.11 3.18.13
Don't believe in God? You're not alone!
September 29th, 2013, 06:13 PM
LUSHaye's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Never been in labor and not sure if I could use my and SO's birth weight to help predict this bun. SO was adopted and we're having a hard time finding out his birth information but I was a 10 pounder. Ohhh the rolls I had. I want to ask my mom how long her labor was with all of us kids (3 of her own), but I'll have to wait until I send out announcements.
September 29th, 2013, 07:41 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I would expect somewhere around 7 lbs based on DS's weight. I was induced at 38 weeks exactly for PIH. Started pit at 8 am delivered at 4 pm in three pushes after going from a 2 to fully dilated in less than an hour. Once labor really starts for women in my family the babies come faaast.

September 29th, 2013, 08:33 PM
MommaBean18's Avatar Gabe & Mason's Mommy
I was in labor with DS for 17 hours and pushed for two! He was born at 38 weeks on the dime. I went into labor on my own, but they had to break my water about 9 hours in. He was 7lbs 9oz and 19 3/4" long.

For this one I'm hoping for a shorter labor. I'm hoping they come late so they're in the beginning of June, but at the same time I know I'm going to be sick of being preggo then Since DS was early, I'm predicting this one will be too and b/w 7-8 lbs.

September 29th, 2013, 08:50 PM
bella88's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This is my first baby so I don't have much of a clue. I was 2 days over and a bit over 8 pounds I think and DH was a premmie baby (29-30 weeks or something) and weighed less than half what I did.

September 29th, 2013, 09:45 PM
~mama2monkeys~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to ~mama2monkeys~ Send a message via Yahoo to ~mama2monkeys~
1st was induced, about a 12 hour labor and pushed for about 30min, 8lbs 5oz

2nd induced, about 10 hour labor, pushed for about 10min, 7lbs 14oz

3rd natural, about 12 hour labor, pushed about 3min, 8lbs 11oz

4th natural, about 24hr labor, pushed about 5min, 8lbs 5oz

I don't have any clue what to expect as far as length of labor with this one, but hopefully it's a natural home birth, and I'd say size would be between 7 and 9 pounds
I'm Carrie, wife to Micah (10/11/03) and mommy to 4 little monkeys! Jonah (10/08/04) Bella Kate (04-05-07) Finlay (09-17-09) Abram (10-28-11)and Baby #5, Baby Boy, Due May 2014!

September 29th, 2013, 10:08 PM
anjewellove's Avatar Super Mommy
#1 went to a ob app, she said my blood pressure was sky high and she wheeled me to l&d herself. I thought she was crazy so did the nurses. When I got there the nurses did their own evaluation and said I was fiber, called obsessed and she told them to start pit anyway. I was upset but was to young to think "hey I can leave!" Started pit at 1pm. I was having horrible contractions but I was dilating at all. They sent me home at midnight. (An hour each way) at 6am we went back to the hospital, got an epi, had him at 1:26. I think I pushed for 5 or 10 minutes. 6lbs 6 oz

#2 started contracting at 8pm, breathing through them by 11pm tried to rest but really didn't get much sleep. At 6am went to hospital stayed in the shower the whole time until 1:20, nurses called my ob told me not to push...very hard to do when my body naturAlly pushing! Ob got there at 1:40 and really started pushing had him at 1:46pm. 6lbs 13oz.

I think this one will be in the 7lb range but I really like my itty bitty 6ers
~mama2monkeys~ likes this.
September 30th, 2013, 03:15 AM
anhoyle's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ds was born after 16 hours of labor with only 15 min of pushing. Had epi but it didn't work for more than a few hours. My son was 8 lbs 4 oz. So I'm guessing next baby will be between 7-8 lbs

[/url

September 30th, 2013, 04:21 AM
BB2014's Avatar Super Mommy
What size baby are you expecting? How long did labor & delivery last for you? How long did you push?

My first was 7 lbs 1 oz and he was born at 35 weeks. If he went full term he could have been 9 pounds I could have a big baby if I go full term.

Delivery- I was in triage and they told me I wasn't having regular contractions so I told them I'd like to go home. I kept feeling like I had a bm so I kept trying to go. Finally they checked my cervix and I was 8 cm. I was 3cm at my regular ob check up that morning. They called the dr to come in, by the time he came I was 10cm. They wheeled me over and had me push as soon as I got to the regular room- 6 pushes! I arrived about 10:45pm at the hospital and DS was born 12:41am. I spent almost 2 hours in labor in triage with out them thinking I was in real labor.

I'm hoping I go fast again!
~mama2monkeys~ likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search