Worst appointment ever...

Forum: May 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree15Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 2nd, 2013, 06:26 PM
ToMuchElmo's Avatar Veteran
You need to talk to your midwife about what a horrible experience you had. She needs to know to stop sending people there. I'm so sorry Try to ignore that negative comments and grieve for your baby.
October 2nd, 2013, 06:36 PM
mkljmom's Avatar Super Mommy
Thinking of you and hoping for the best. Prayers!
Mommy to Max 9/21/99, Lucy 8/9/05, Kirby 7/18/07, Jaycie 2/11/09, and expecting baby #5 5/6/14
October 2nd, 2013, 06:48 PM
anjewellove's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm so sorry this happened. How heartless! The us tech didn't do anything wrong, that's actually how they are supposed to be. But some make exception, especially when they work in ob offices. I worked in a imaging place, we weren't "allowed" to say or show the patient anything, if coming in for a ob scan we were allowed to give 1 photo of baby. But of course we did whatever we wanted when the radiologist wasn't in the room & that was never! I will say if it was a viability scan we were like your us tech. We were not allowed to say anything & if the ob got word that their patient new the results of the scan before they did they were calling our radiologist and we would get reprimanded.

Like everybody else said, stay positive!
ashleyjo likes this.

Last edited by anjewellove; October 2nd, 2013 at 07:49 PM.
October 2nd, 2013, 06:58 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I am so sorry girl Huge hugs!

October 2nd, 2013, 07:44 PM
MommaBean18's Avatar Gabe & Mason's Mommy
I am so sorry Bugz
Hang in there, we're praying for you!

October 2nd, 2013, 10:06 PM
Andrea1122's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Location: California, Thank you military for sending us back home
I'm so so sorry, thinking about you and hoping for the best

October 3rd, 2013, 04:52 AM
Decemberhill's Avatar Nicole
I'm so sorry. Many thoughts and prayers for you and your family.

Mom to Ava (8) and Layla (6). Bennett Scott due May 19, 2014!
October 3rd, 2013, 05:17 AM
inyourhonor's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm so sorry, I'm hoping for better news on Monday. *hugs* You're in my thoughts.

Killian Rivers born April 17th at 36 weeks

Killian's Birth Story
October 3rd, 2013, 06:58 AM
Just keep breathing.
I'm so sorry.
October 3rd, 2013, 07:39 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hope your feeling a little better this morning ((Hugs))

October 3rd, 2013, 08:22 AM
Veteran
I am so sorry...hang in there . I have heard many stories like this to find that the baby was just fine and dates were off etc. Sometimes it takes longer to see something. I would just hang in there and wait it out. I will be praying for you.

How can there be too many children? That is like saying there are too many flowers. ~ Blessed Mother Teresa
October 3rd, 2013, 12:23 PM
bugz
So my midwife called me again today, 24 hours after my appointment, to see how I was doing and if I had any questions. I love that they care. She said in her opinion that she thinks they just sent me too early to get the heartbeat and we'll pick it up next week. But I'm still not sure. Is that even possible? I mean, I got a very positive pregnancy test on the 30th but if I'm 6W0D I conceived the 31st or after. But we'll see. I don't know if she actually thinks that or is just trying to get me not to worry. She said if I was going to miscarry I should have cramps (I don't) and the bleeding should pick up (just spotting and it's stopped so far).

I don't really know how I feel. Yesterday was rough. I cried pretty much all day. Sat on the floor for a few hours. Made a humungous plate of poutine (my comfort food), I probably could have fed 6 people with it, and I ate it all. It was an entire bag of fries. Made my BF get my McD's breakfast at 6 when they start breakfast. Fed my rats all their favourite treats, if they're happy I'm happy. Brought out the oh-so-annoying Cats Meow's for the kitties. I'm not so depressed today. It doesn't really feel real. I had a feeling there wasn't going to be a heartbeat or something else was going to be wrong, and I was right. I'm really hoping it's just a fluke and at my next ultrasound it at least grew.

And the topper, to make myself feel better... I bought my cat a t-shirt. He surprisingly doesn't care. Who wouldn't feel better when they see this and cuddle with this munchkin all day and night. (As he sits on my lap, rocking his t-shirt).
Nel, Cheet_oh and MommaBean18 like this.
October 3rd, 2013, 01:04 PM
girlsofsummer's Avatar Us two became we three <3
I'm really sorry you are stuck in this limbo. Know that we are here for you though, no matter the outcome. Do whatever you need to do to get you through to Monday, whether it's Mickey D's, poutine, chocolate ...whatever!

And your kitty is so stinkin' cute!! That is enough to make anyone feel better
October 3rd, 2013, 01:06 PM
talscot's Avatar Veteran
Hang in there. I go in Monday, too. We can be in limbo together.
October 3rd, 2013, 01:42 PM
Tree_Love's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Big hugs, I hope it was just early and everything is okay!

Elan Dakota 7/28/2012
Paxx Tarlow & Sage Finley 10/20/2012
Rhys Caelan 5/3/2013

October 4th, 2013, 10:23 AM
bugz
I'm so nauseous today... And you have no idea how happy that made me. I haven't felt anything for a couple days and with everything going on it was really freaking me out. I know it doesn't mean anything, but made me feel a little bit better. ...Until I went to my family doctor. I needed the Rh- shot since I've been spotting a little. She said that she got the ultrasound results and that my next ultrasound would probably come back with the same results, no heartbeat. Thank you for that and smashing what little hope I had.

I looked at the ultrasound report and this is what it said (it was stamped urgent):

"An intrauterine gestational sac is seen with a fetal pole. The CRL measures 4mm which corresponds with a gestational age of 6 weeks 1 day but no fetal heart rate is seen which would be expected at this age. Two cycstic structures within the gestational sac are also seen which is abnormal.

The ovaries are within normal limits for size and echogenicity but no evidence of an adnexal mass or free fluid.

SUMMARY:

Findings are in keeping with a missed miscarriage."

My midwife didn't tell me I had "two cystic structures in the gestational sac". It's really bothering me... What are they? Why are they there? Did they have anything to do with the miscarriage (or potential miscarriage)? Is there something wrong with me? Is it going to be a future problem as well? If the pregnancy was fine would this be an issue? I can't call my midwife because she's with a patient in labour and obviously can't respond unless it's urgent. I've been trying to Google it but can't find anything on the cysctic structures being inside the gestational sac, and two of them. Does anyone know anything about these?

Only a couple more days of this torture waiting...
October 4th, 2013, 11:10 AM
*CAMM*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well according to a few sites I found online it seems that they usually describe any finding inside the gestational sac as cyst like when an embryo or fetus is not noted. It doesnt mean that you are miscarrying or that it will cause problems down the road..it just seems like its a broad term they use for the unknown. If you are wrong about your dates it could be the beginning of a baby...you just wont know until your next ultrasound. Keeping positive thoughts for you!
anjewellove likes this.

October 4th, 2013, 12:02 PM
Masesmama's Avatar Veteran
It does sound like whatever they saw on the ultrasound was unidentified and they use that term to describe it because they didn't see a heartbeat and didn't have any other way to describe it. I'm sorry you're going through this. Fingers crossed you will get some answers on Monday.

Expecting Baby Boy #2!

Due May 12, 2014!

October 4th, 2013, 12:12 PM
emilyeeb's Avatar Veteran
I am sorry you ave to go through all of this confusion. Hoping things are better than they seem. <3

Thank you for my siggy Jaidynsmum!

October 5th, 2013, 01:41 PM
Beeker's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry you are going through this!

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search