Worst appointment ever...

Forum: May 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree15Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 2nd, 2013, 02:36 PM
bugz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had my first ultrasound today and it couldn't have gone any worse. I was so excited for it and all that was completely ruined.

I got to the ultrasound office and they told me after my ultrasound to see the receptionist and she'd set me up with my next appointment.

When they finally saw me the ultrasound went terrible. They wouldn't tell me ANYTHING. Not what the heart rate was, if there was even a heart beat. Not how far along I am. Not what my due date is. Not if the baby was in the right place. Not if there was even a baby. If there was 1 baby or 50. She wouldn't even let me see the screen. She said "there is nothing to see".

After the ultrasound I went back to see the receptionist and she said "We'll call you if we need to book you another appointment" and didn't look happy, before she was smiling. To make things worse my BF couldn't be there because parking in this city is impossible. There was literally no where to park in a 30 minute walking distance, at least. So he had to drive around for over an hour waiting for me.

Now all I can do is worry. I've been bleeding a bit and have already been worried enough but now this? I have no idea when the midwife will get the results because everything is so slow here. I'm trying not to worry but now that's impossible. The 3 other people that were ahead of me, all for their first ultrasound (I over heard), all got pictures to take home. I didn't.

And we just told people... And they all said we were too young, blah, blah and to abort. Now if I have to tell them something like this they are going to be relieved or happy or say it was for the best or something. I'm dying.
October 2nd, 2013, 02:41 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh dear Fingers crossed things are ok in there with the baby! If something is wrong they will let you know right away I am sure.

October 2nd, 2013, 02:46 PM
girlsofsummer's Avatar Expecting baby #1
Sounds like heartless, awful people at your practice. I am so sorry that you had to go through that -- it is so unfair.

I hope you can push for results fast. Thinking of you...realize that everything may be fine and they were just rushing you out.
October 2nd, 2013, 03:11 PM
peace.love.audrey's Avatar Twins? Pinch me!
Ugh. I feel so sad for you. I can't even imagine how awful it must feel to wonder about the unknown. I hope you get answers very soon.

8.27.10 1.30.11 3.18.13
Don't believe in God? You're not alone!
October 2nd, 2013, 03:15 PM
JillMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That is awful, I'm so sorry! What a cow =( I hope you get answers really soon.

Jett 10/11/12 7lb 14.5oz 20.5in long
October 2nd, 2013, 03:20 PM
BB2014's Avatar Super Mommy
If this happened to me, I would pick up the phone and let the pregnancy hormones take over and give as many people in the office an earful until I got some answers. They truly treated you like crap and you do not deserve that. Do you have to keep using this place? So sorry.

October 2nd, 2013, 03:36 PM
*CAMM*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am so sorry. That sounds awful.

October 2nd, 2013, 03:41 PM
I just got a call from my midwife. Only 3 hours after my ultrasound. It's pretty much done...

She said I was measuring 6W0D. I'm supposed to be 9. I got a positive pregnancy test on August 30. It was really positive. The "yes" line was way darker than the control line. But if I'm 6 weeks that means I conceived AFTER the 30th. So it stopped growing... There wasn't a heartbeat but she said it might just be too early, but I know it's done... .
October 2nd, 2013, 03:43 PM
ashleyjo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Aw hun im sorry prayers for you

October 2nd, 2013, 03:45 PM
JillMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm so so sorry =(

Jett 10/11/12 7lb 14.5oz 20.5in long
October 2nd, 2013, 04:01 PM
Mega Super Mommy
((hugs)) I had a really bad early u/s too that only showed a gest. sac and nothing else. Did they do it transvaginal? Do you know if you have a tilted uterus? An abdominal scan probably isn't too accurate right now and if you have a tilted uterus it can make it difficult to see things this early. I'm sorry this is happening to you but I hope it is just a case of dates off/not being able to see what is there.

ETA: Just read your update...I hope that this is just a fluke! My u/s said I was 4 weeks something days but I knew that couldn't be accurate because I had the positive test longer than that...the second u/s I was measuring right on track.

October 2nd, 2013, 04:04 PM
They did both, abdominal and transvaginal. They didn't see anything with the abdominal, not surprised. She dug around for almost 20 minutes with the transvaginal so I assume she was trying every angle possible. I've never been told I have a tilted uterus. I could tell from my midwifes voice that it wasn't good. As soon as I heard "Do you have a minute to talk?" I just knew. I hope it turns out different but trying not to get my hopes up.
October 2nd, 2013, 04:05 PM
talscot's Avatar Veteran
I am sorry.
October 2nd, 2013, 04:35 PM
anhoyle's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So sorry ladies

[/url

October 2nd, 2013, 05:20 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thats very upsetting news I wouldn't give up just yet, though. Give it a little more time and think positively. ultrasounds are not fool proof and dont work perfectly all the time.

October 2nd, 2013, 05:26 PM
Super Mommy
I am sorry u had to go through that! Praying they are wrong!!! ((HUGS))
TTC#1 for 1 1/2 years~ DS, DJ (3) Conceived naturally using acupuncture and herbs
TTC #2 for 1 1/2 yrs~DH(3 mths on Clomid&Olive Leaf Extract)
Our 1st Clomid & TI cycle August 2013 -BFP on 9/08/13!!!!!!!!

October 2nd, 2013, 05:58 PM
PointDefiance's Avatar My job is life itself.
I hope it's just their shotty equip and lack of skills and they are bad people =[ [[hugs]]
October 2nd, 2013, 06:03 PM
girlsofsummer's Avatar Expecting baby #1
Praying that they are dead wrong. So sorry that you are stuck waiting. Will they do another?
October 2nd, 2013, 06:11 PM
I have another ultrasound on Monday to confim, at a different place.
Nel, ashleyjo, mcmr08 and 4 others like this.
October 2nd, 2013, 06:12 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Be hopeful

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search