Sex of baby

Forum: May 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 2nd, 2013, 03:58 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm sure this has been talked about already but, what do you think you are having? What is your preference? What does everyone else think you are having? What do the old wives tales say?

From the beginning I have had a strong feeling that we are having a boy. I'm not sure if this is because that is how it usually is in our family (first a girl and then 1 or 2 boys) or if it is genuine intuition. I was right with my daughter though. I don't really have a preference, although the practical side of me sometimes thinks about how it would be a little easier if we had a girl...we have so many clothes/toys for DD as it is. Everyone that knows thinks it's a boy and they all have a preference for a boy. Haven't done any old wives tales yet but the Chinese gender predictor says girl (was right with DD)

October 2nd, 2013, 04:18 PM
JillMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have no idea right now. With DS I had this very vivid dream that he was a boy, from that point on I just knew, and I was right. We'll see if I can be two for two, but so far no dreams.

I was talking to the girls in my PR today about my hair being really straight the last week or so, and one said he hair was bone straight when she was pregnant with her 3 girls, and stayed curly with her 2 boys.... we'll see.

Jett 10/11/12 7lb 14.5oz 20.5in long
October 2nd, 2013, 05:28 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My family on my Dads side always has girls first... always. So when I got pregnant with my first everyone thought it was a girl. Everyone kept commenting on what a pretty little girl my Ex and I would make too, so I was pretty sure it was a girl, but I didnt really know on my own. I personally didnt really know but I did have one dream about having a son, as a 10 year old child who I was caring for. That was my only hint and it was right on.

This time I am completely lost again. I really hope for a girl but who knows lol I had a moment where I strongly felt it was a boy, but nothing else has given me any other hints. The only thing different so far is that I am WAY WAY sicker than I was with my first.

Last edited by Nel; October 2nd, 2013 at 05:53 PM.
October 2nd, 2013, 05:47 PM
Regular
I've already told myself it's a girl so I won't feel any disappointment if it actually is a girl. I'd really love a boy since I have a girl already
Nel likes this.
October 2nd, 2013, 06:07 PM
bella88's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Lol DH says it's a girl because he figures it would be his luck to have all girls. Both DH and I want a boy but I think it's a girl too lol. I think we will find out.

October 2nd, 2013, 06:13 PM
girlsofsummer's Avatar Us two became we three <3
I very much want a girl. My whole family thinks it will be a girl. But because of that I'll probably have a boy haha.
October 2nd, 2013, 06:52 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nel View Post
My family on my Dads side always has girls first... always. So when I got pregnant with my first everyone thought it was a girl. Everyone kept commenting on what a pretty little girl my Ex and I would make too, so I was pretty sure it was a girl, but I didnt really know on my own. I personally didnt really know but I did have one dream about having a son, as a 10 year old child who I was caring for. That was my only hint and it was right on.

This time I am completely lost again. I really hope for a girl but who knows lol I had a moment where I strongly felt it was a boy, but nothing else has given me any other hints. The only thing different so far is that I am WAY WAY sicker than I was with my first.
I first had a dream about a week ago that I was pregnant with a girl but last night dreamt that I gave birth to a boy! LOL I do remember dreaming I was looking for girl clothes when pregnant with dd but I'm pretty sure I also dreamt about having a boy so my dreams don't help much!

October 2nd, 2013, 06:56 PM
mkljmom's Avatar Super Mommy
DH and I think it is a girl but I feel like we think that to protect ourselves from being disappointed if it is amother girl. DS is not biologically my husband's and everyone in his family is pushing for a boy again. (Like we have some kind of control over it). With my last one, everyone acted disappointed when it was a girl. It was awful.

My MIL is the worst. I txtd her our first u/s pic. Her response was "HE is beautiful!" I was so angry.
DH got an earfull and I told him to make sure she shut it down these next 10 week's or I will lose my cool.

I will be very happy with either a boy or a girl. If we could choose, we would choose boy. Our girls bring us so much joy, I can't imagine our family without them!
Mommy to Max 9/21/99, Lucy 8/9/05, Kirby 7/18/07, Jaycie 2/11/09, and expecting baby #5 5/6/14
October 2nd, 2013, 07:51 PM
MommaBean18's Avatar Gabe & Mason's Mommy
I personally will be happy with either, as long as it is a healthy baby! We have a boy already, so DF wants another boy. (He loves having a son!)

October 2nd, 2013, 07:55 PM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by girlsofsummer View Post
I very much want a girl. My whole family thinks it will be a girl. But because of that I'll probably have a boy haha.
This EXACTLY! I want a girl so bad and so does DH. My whole family and all of my friends think it's a girl but I have a strong feeling it is a boy. Although I think that is because I feel like just because everyone else thinks it's a girl it would have to be a boy lol.

I was wrong with my son though. I just knew he was a girl!
MommaBean18 likes this.
October 2nd, 2013, 08:06 PM
anjewellove's Avatar Super Mommy
We were team green with #2 everybody but dh thought we were having a girl. I didn't have a clue at all. Everybody was so disappointed.

This time I'm thinking girl. I've had dreams "it's" a girl, when talking about the baby I catch myself saying "she"....DH says we better pick a nickname for this baby quick because he's not going to let me call his son a "her" for 9 months! #2s nickname was Tornado we called him 'Nado.
October 2nd, 2013, 10:14 PM
Andrea1122's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Location: California, Thank you military for sending us back home
DH and I both want another girl pretty badly, and we both think it is a girl. But I can't trust myself. I will not be disappointed if its boy though, my boys are my heart. No one else knows really.

October 3rd, 2013, 02:25 AM
BB2014's Avatar Super Mommy
I also had a vivid dream that DS was a boy and knew from then on.

I haven't had a dream yet about the LO's gender. I was well into my pregnancy when I had the dream. Every morning I wake up and I'm like shucks, didn't figure it out last night. LOL

Is it 18 weeks yet?

My husband had a dream a few days before we found out I really was pregnant and he said we had DS and a little GIRL!

I would be happy with either. We saved everything from our son. A girl would be pretty sweet too.

October 3rd, 2013, 04:49 AM
LUSHaye's Avatar Super Mommy
I don't know if I feel or if I think it's a boy.
SO wants a girl. That's it, that's all. No discussion.

Sometimes I feel like it's both. But I don't think I've connected to this bun just yet, so I don't have any crazy strong gender feelings.
October 3rd, 2013, 07:39 AM
inyourhonor's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have 3 boys, and want a girl. Would LOVE a girl. Heck, everyone in my family wants a girl! But, I have no direct feelings towards what we are having.

Things are different than they were with my other 3 pregnancies. But, who knows if it means a girl. I would love another boy just as much.

Everyone says they hope it's a girl though, which kinda gets to me because what if it's not? A baby is a thing to love no matter what sex it is.

Killian Rivers born April 17th at 36 weeks

Killian's Birth Story
October 3rd, 2013, 08:16 AM
Veteran
I think it is a girl. Intuition and based on when DH and I had sex and when I ovulated.

Chinese Chart says boy but when I use the one with conception date it says boy for one day and girl if the day earlier... so... Also chart was wrong with my first. Said boy and had girl.

I hope girl... we already have everything for a girl. DH hopes boy.

Symptoms are different with this pregnancy then my first so who knows... will probably find out at 20 weeks.

Nathaniel "Nate"
October 3rd, 2013, 10:11 AM
Londons Butterfly's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Londons Butterfly Send a message via Yahoo to Londons Butterfly
I'm fairly sure I'm having boy number four. But I have a good feeling about it being a girl

Scarlett Diane

October 3rd, 2013, 11:01 PM
Cheet_oh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm feeling boy, however this could be because I would like a boy this time. If I have a girl, I'll be just as happy, she already has a bunch of clothing from her sisters. Let's not talk about the amount of toys lol

(Angela - 37) (Doug - 32)

(Steven - 20) (Sebastian - 18) (Mina - 13) (Ava - 4) (Aria - 1)

October 3rd, 2013, 11:35 PM
Beeker's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I would love one of each- but 2 boys would be great too. I'm sort of torn- my gut says girl- but I will be happy either way

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!!
October 6th, 2013, 06:47 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm thinking girl but I'm not sure if it's because I want a girl. This pregnancy seems to be a mirror image of my pregnancy with my son so idk? I would love for my son to have a little brother so close in age.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search