Gestational age vs LMP date?

Forum: May 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 6th, 2013, 05:23 PM
bugz
-Post deleted as I am permanently leaving this forum do to bullying and extremely rude people. I do not recommend this forum to anyone unless you want to be bullied. The mods do absolutely nothing to stop it. If you are a bully you will fit in great.

Last edited by bugz; August 30th, 2014 at 07:21 PM.
October 6th, 2013, 05:37 PM
bella88's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
LMP is based on your period and assumes you O on CD14 when it calculates your due date. Usually pretty inaccurate. I think mine based on LMP would he off by a day but I O'd on CD15 so not far off "normal". I could be wrong but I think gestational age is based on size of the baby? Will usually be more accurate.

October 6th, 2013, 06:49 PM
*CAMM*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
ditto^
Thats how I understand it as well. They can be different because the LMP assumes all women have a 28 day cycle and ovulate on cycle day 14. Thats why a lot of doctors do an early ultrasound to help dating because it is much more accurate.

October 6th, 2013, 07:01 PM
emilyeeb's Avatar Veteran
Yes, what they said. lol I have 35 day cycles so I always calculate mine based on when I suspect I ovulated. I haven't had an ultrasound yet so my dates could certainly change. Heck, I could even be due in June.

Thank you for my siggy Jaidynsmum!

October 6th, 2013, 07:48 PM
Masesmama's Avatar Veteran
Yeah it's kinda a toss up. If you know for sure when you ovulated because you were charting, it is possible that an ultrasound could be off because they say those are plus or minus 7 days. My ovulation date was August 22nd based on positive opk and temperature but I am measuring 6 days ahead of that. So I'm sort of going with both dates because neither is 100% and 40 weeks is just an estimate anyway.

Expecting Baby Boy #2!

Due May 12, 2014!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search