Old Wives tales

Forum: May 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By bella88

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 14th, 2013, 12:44 PM
*CAMM*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So I've done the needle on a string test...dh and I are BOTH having girls
Chinese calendar says GIRL based on my conception date
Baby has been on my left since 7w6d-using my doppler thats where I find baby-could go along with RAmzi theory that baby is a GIRL.
I did the baking soda test..it fizzed...result is BOY
HB is 168-172 result indicates GIRL

I do feel that the baby is a girl...regardless of any of these fun little tests. I could be tooootally wrong though
We are letting the gender be a surprise though...so we have to wait until May to find out
I just think its fun to guess and do these silly predictors

October 14th, 2013, 02:25 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Chinese predictor says boy but with my son it said girl lol!! I knew he was a boy! I am having strong girl vibes! I have not been do the doctor yet and have had no success with the Doppler at home I picked up my heartbeat very strong which may be my placenta since with my son it attached on the front side of my uterus so we will see I'm just waiting. I can not wait till my first appt that is not scheduled yet lol!

October 14th, 2013, 02:41 PM
bella88's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I found this somewhere, will probably keep a few of us busy trying them out

Old Wives Tale #1: Heart Rate
If the baby’s heart rate is above 140 bpm, it is said that the baby will be a girl. If it is under 140 bpm, then it will be a boy.

Old Wives Tale #2: Shape of Belly
If you are carrying high with a big, round belly, you are having a girl. If you are carrying low with a smaller belly that sticks straight out, it’s a boy.

Old Wives Tale #3: Ring Test
Using a string, hang your wedding ring over your pregnant belly. You are having a girl if the ring swings back and forth and it’s a boy if it swings in a circle.

Old Wives Tale #4: Acne
If you have acne while pregnant, it’s a girl. It’s thought that acne during pregnancy is caused by the extra hormones.

Old Wives Tale #5: Cravings
People believe that if you are craving salty foods while pregnant, you can count on having a boy. If you crave sweets, fruit, and orange juice, you are having a little girl.

Old Wives Tale #6: Skin under Left Eye
The eye test is when a “V” or “branches” appear when you pull down the skin under your left eye. If you see a “V” or “branches” in the white part, you’re having a girl. I have a “V”, so one more point for a girl.

Old Wives Tale #7: Time of Conception
The person that is most aggressive in bed at the time of conception is the opposite of what the baby will be.

Old Wives Tale #8: Legs
If your legs get really big, you’re having a boy. If your legs stay in shape and lean, it’s a girl.

Old Wives Tale #9: Moodiness and a Little Pecker (this one is odd, but funny)
If you are really moody, you are having a girl since you have another extra girl hormones in you. Your pregnancy will make you smile and be more happy if you are having a boy because there’s a little penis inside you.

Old Wives Tale #10: Chinese Gender Chart
The Chinese Gender Chart claims to have an accuracy rate of over 90%. It is based on how old the mother is at conception and the month that she conceived.

Old Wives Tale #11: Mom’s Beauty
Basically you are having a girl if your beauty disappears during pregnancy. It is said that the girl “steals” the mother’s beauty. If you think that pregnancy has never made you look more beautiful, a little boy it is.

Old Wives Tale #12: Dream of Sex of Baby
If you have dreams that you are having a boy, you will have a girl. If you dream about having a girl, it will be a boy. Dreams show the opposite of what you are having.

Old Wives Tale #13: Clumsy vs. Graceful
If the pregnant woman is graceful throughout her pregnancy, she’s having a girl. If she becomes clumsy, she’s having a boy.

Old Wives Tale #14: Side You Most Rest On
If a pregnant woman prefers to lay on her left side, she’s having a boy. If she prefers resting on her right side, she’s having a girl.

Old Wives Tale #15: Dad’s Weight Gain
If the dad-to-be gains weight while you are pregnant, it’s a girl. If he doesn’t gain weight, you’re having a boy.

Old Wives Tale #16: Breast Test
If a pregnant woman’s left breast is larger than the right breast, she’s having a girl. If the right breast is larger, it’s a boy.

Old Wives Tale #17: What Do You Think?
71% of the time, the mom-to-be knows what she is having.

Old Wives Tale #18: Morning Sickness
If you had a smooth pregnancy with no morning sickness, it’s a boy. If you were sick or felt really nauseous during your pregnancy, count on a girl.

Old Wives Tale #19: Areolae
If your areolae (the part around your nips) have darkened, it’s a boy. If they haven't, its a girl.

Old Wives Tale #20: Protein
When a pregnant woman craves meat and cheese, count on a boy.

Old Wives Tale #21: Feet
Are your feet colder now that you are pregnant? If so, you just might be having a boy. If your feet have stayed the same before pregnancy and during, you’re having a little girl.

Old Wives Tale #22: Headaches
If you are having headaches, you might be carrying a boy.

Old Wives Tale #23: Baby Names
It is said that when you can only think of specific names for a boy or a girl, you will have that particularly baby.

Old Wives Tale #24: Urine
What color is your pee? If it is bright yellow, you will have a little boy. If your urine is a dull yellow, plan on a girl.
ajones24 likes this.

October 14th, 2013, 02:48 PM
bella88's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
1 Girl
2 Boy
3 boy
4 girl
5 ummmm inconclusive. it's juice and salt :/
6 boy
7 um... boy
8 girl
9 girl
10 girl
11 girl
12 haven't really had any dreams yet.. too busy dreaming hunger games type dreams and other random stuff
13 boy lol
14 boy
15 lol probably boy, poor DH lol
16 geez... maybe girl?
17 I don't know if I think girl just because I want to lessen disappointment if it is one so leaving it
18 girl girl girl girl girl
19 boy
20 girl
21 I don't know so girl I guess
22 girl
23 boy
24 boy?

October 14th, 2013, 05:29 PM
mkljmom's Avatar Super Mommy
lol! this is so funny because for me about 50% say boy and 50% say girl! I don't understand the eye one with a V...so I must not have a V?
Mommy to Max 9/21/99, Lucy 8/9/05, Kirby 7/18/07, Jaycie 2/11/09, and expecting baby #5 5/6/14
October 14th, 2013, 06:01 PM
girlsofsummer's Avatar Us two became we three <3
Quick question with Ramzi theory: If you know which side you ovulated from that led to conception, do you implant on that side? Or not necessarily?
October 14th, 2013, 08:19 PM
*CAMM*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ive read or heard..can't remember which LOL..that yes whichever side you ovulated on you usually implant on..and I would think thats because its just closer. Although I wouldnt say its correct every time.

October 15th, 2013, 01:29 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We haven't done too many old wives tales yet! The Chinese chart says girl and it was right with DD but I do know someone who has several children and it was only right like 20% of the time or something

I've just tbeen trying to figure out the Ramzi theory. It is sooo confusing to me though because everyone says something different. I was looking over on babycenter for answers and supposedly there is an u/s tech there that is pretty good but doesn't put any stock in Ramzi...mostly because it is really hard to tell just form the pic which side the placenta is on.

10ish weeks till I find out...it can't come soon enough! I have u/s pretty much every 2 weeks but last time my doc wouldn't tell me the gender before 20 weeks...she made a guess at 17 weeks but basically told me not to go with that.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search