Rude people & pregnancy hormones....

Forum: May 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree10Likes
  • 2 Post By Masesmama
  • 1 Post By Nel
  • 1 Post By NurseMommy19
  • 1 Post By Masesmama
  • 4 Post By mkljmom
  • 1 Post By NurseMommy19

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 16th, 2013, 04:23 PM
Veteran
So I'm only 9 weeks with baby number two but my belly is showing a good bit more than with my first pregnancy. So I posted a belly picture on Facebook and a girl that I considered a good friend of mine commented "Twins!" So I wrote back "Omg don't jinx me and thanks for making me feel fat" and she writes back "Triplets!!"

Normal me would probably just laugh it off but crazy, pregnant hormonal me decided to to cry instead and it is bothering me so bad. Why do people feel the need to be so rude?!
October 16th, 2013, 04:31 PM
Masesmama's Avatar Veteran
Awe I think she was just playing and didn't meant to be rude I know we are all pregnant and hormonal and it's hard not to upset a pregnant woman. I yelled at my husband today for hugging me hahaha.
NurseMommy19 and anjewellove like this.

Expecting Baby Boy #2!

Due May 12, 2014!

October 16th, 2013, 04:35 PM
Mega Super Mommy
((HUGS)) Im sure it was a joke, if she is a good friend I'm pretty sure her intention was not to make you fee bad about your bump. I think the triplets comment is more motivated by jinxing you to have multiples then that you look "fat". But conveying any kind of tone or emphasis like that is really hard in text, right?

I think even women who have been pregnant forget what pregnancy hormones are actually like until it is actually happening to them again.
NurseMommy19 likes this.

October 16th, 2013, 04:42 PM
Veteran
Haha thanks. I hope she was just kidding! I'm just so crazy hormonal everything gets to me!!
Masesmama likes this.
October 16th, 2013, 05:06 PM
Masesmama's Avatar Veteran
I think we can all relate to that
NurseMommy19 likes this.

Expecting Baby Boy #2!

Due May 12, 2014!

October 16th, 2013, 07:47 PM
mkljmom's Avatar Super Mommy
I agree that she was most likely joking. We need to post a PSA for all friends and family -- "Anything other than 'Congratulations' 'How exciting' and 'you look adorable' will be deemed offensive." Hang in there. If one more person says "Awe, well, maybe it's a boy..." to me I am going to scream!
Mommy to Max 9/21/99, Lucy 8/9/05, Kirby 7/18/07, Jaycie 2/11/09, and expecting baby #5 5/6/14
October 16th, 2013, 07:53 PM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkljmom View Post
I agree that she was most likely joking. We need to post a PSA for all friends and family -- "Anything other than 'Congratulations' 'How exciting' and 'you look adorable' will be deemed offensive." Hang in there. If one more person says "Awe, well, maybe it's a boy..." to me I am going to scream!
I agree!! Except for me it's the opposite by people wishing it's a girl for me lol!
mkljmom likes this.
October 16th, 2013, 11:36 PM
Crafty Mommy
Oh I am totally hearing you on this. Two of my closest friends at work seem to think its hilarious to tease me about my soon to be expanding rear. I told them that my butt gets big in pregnancy (my mistake for sharing this) and so they walk past me together shaking their hips singing "ba-dunk-a-dunk", criticize what I eat, and compare me to the super skinny preggo girl we work with and say I should ask her what she eats!!! They think they are funny but it's starting to hurt my feelings because I feel huge already with bloat. :-(

October 17th, 2013, 12:41 AM
bella88's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Awwwww oh no . Yeah pregnant ladies are psycho . It's probably the sort of comment that we might make to keep things light and funny (or at least I would say something like that) but when it's our turn... hello butthurt hehehe. I'm sure she was just trying to be nice and teasing. Sorry it made you feel bad! I'm sure you look great .

October 17th, 2013, 09:32 AM
Veteran
Some people just have an insensitive sense of humor...you could "joke back" yeah when I saw you the other day I was so excited we are both expecting together wink wink ;o)

How can there be too many children? That is like saying there are too many flowers. ~ Blessed Mother Teresa

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search