BTDT mamas - Most used and least used

Forum: May 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Del4
  • 2 Post By Londons Butterfly
  • 1 Post By Lyndsey2013
  • 1 Post By mkljmom

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 16th, 2013, 08:03 PM
PointDefiance's Avatar My job is life itself.
For the new mamas out there lets give our "couldn't live without" item, "complete waste" item and if you have one, a "I wish I had a" item!

Most used item- swing! As an infant it was a life saver!

Least used item- bassinet .. We co-sleep.

Wish I had a - Ergo baby carrier! I had a really cheap one to start out with for DD, I would have just carried her so much more often if we had had one when she was little.
October 16th, 2013, 08:16 PM
Andrea1122's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Location: California, Thank you military for sending us back home
Most used- Swing, changing table, crib and/or pack in play, receiving blankets, bumbo

Least used- those play mats, bouncer

October 16th, 2013, 09:06 PM
Londons Butterfly's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Londons Butterfly Send a message via Yahoo to Londons Butterfly
Most used: cloth diapers, baby carrier, burp rags

Least used: everything else. He wore very little clothes in the summer, slept with me, refused a paci, changed him on the floor bed couch etc.,

Scarlett Diane

October 16th, 2013, 11:11 PM
Del4's Avatar Super Mommy
Most used: cloth diapers, sweetpea ring slings, wraps and Ergo.

Least used: just about everything else 'they' tell you a baby "needs."
Londons Butterfly likes this.

October 17th, 2013, 01:12 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Most used: Ergo, or in the early days a moby like wrap. Def. something I would recommend to any new mom! Even DH says this is his "can't live without" item. Cloth diapers... we used our changing table. It's something my sister didn't have and says you don't need but I think it would be hard on my back bending over to change a baby on the floor or the bed (our bed is really low). I guess it's just personal preference. Our changing table converts into a bookshelf so it's nice that it has more than one use. (it's from Ikea, I highly recommend it!)

Least used: In the beginning her crib. We ended up co sleeping till she was about 8 months. Never planned on it but it ended up being the only way we all slept. Made night time breastfeeding soooo much easier. The other thing was bottles/breast pump. She never ended up taking a bottle so those items were pretty useless. If I went out and DH tried to give her a bottle she would just refuse and scream and scream till I got back. Glad I didn't buy a breast pump; our insurance company paid for us to rent one. Also she never took a paci...I wouldn't recommend going out and buying a ton of pacifiers and bottles before the baby gets here.

Wish I had: Swaddle blankets! We tried folding receiving blankets but either we couldn't get it tight enough or she just wiggled out of it. I have already bought 2 swaddle blankets for the next one.

Last edited by lovemylittlemiss; October 17th, 2013 at 01:16 AM.
October 17th, 2013, 04:31 AM
mkljmom's Avatar Super Mommy
Most- boppy= Most most used. I used it for nursing, to prop the baby up as a newborn and for tummy time, then placed it behind them when they learned to sit. As they got older, they would sleep in them. 3 of them sleep on their boppies until they broke in half!
Also used frequently...bouncer, bjorn and Moses basket

Least-changing table...um, I change them on my lap or the floor. Maybe that is weird. New moms disregard. Crib until 12-18m or so. I always end up co-sleeping bc of bfing.

Wish I had- a stand for my Moses basket in my room. I liked that I could move it around the house during the day as needed but at night it would have been nice to have a stand for it. I always put it in the pack n play.
Mommy to Max 9/21/99, Lucy 8/9/05, Kirby 7/18/07, Jaycie 2/11/09, and expecting baby #5 5/6/14
October 17th, 2013, 04:59 AM
inyourhonor's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Most used: Cloth diapers, mei tai/moby carriers, swing and bouncy chair.

Least used: Crib, pack n play, that diaper pail thingy. I had it for my oldest, threw it away after a month.

Killian Rivers born April 17th at 36 weeks

Killian's Birth Story
October 17th, 2013, 09:51 AM
Mega Super Mommy
In the first 6 months

Most Used: Play pen w/bassinet, Bumbo, vibrating/bouncey chair, Jumper chair- thing lol

Least Used : Crib, High chair, Baby swing

October 17th, 2013, 01:07 PM
Londons Butterfly's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Londons Butterfly Send a message via Yahoo to Londons Butterfly
I did use a boppy for the first several months. It came in handy for breast feeding a little baby.
Nel and inyourhonor like this.

Scarlett Diane

October 17th, 2013, 01:17 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I wish I would have had a better breast bump and nipple shields right away. I was not prepared for breastfeeding to be difficult at all.

October 17th, 2013, 01:47 PM
Andrea1122's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Location: California, Thank you military for sending us back home
Oh yes a boppy was very well loved, even with my bottle feed babies it was great.

October 17th, 2013, 03:47 PM
jmills1129's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Most used: moby wrap, woven wrap, ergo carrier, cloth diapers

least used: swing, she hated it...crib, we co slept

wish I had: nothing, we didn't rush our and buy every baby item out there, and our daughter is just fine with simple things, I am more into AP style parenting, so I wont be getting a swing this time around. She did like the bouncer, so we saved that for this baby, but she rarely was in it because i was normally wearing her;

My 2 must have items for this baby, a BOB duallie stroller, and a Tula Toddler carrier, which is more for my daughter, but I already have an ergo lol

9w4d, June, 16 2013
Missing My Angel baby
October 17th, 2013, 04:08 PM
Tree_Love's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Most used: boppy, swing, cloth diapers and wash cloths. I cannot stress the importance of wash cloths...

Least used: the nursery. We are skipping it this time.

Wish I had: a sling or ergo with an infant insert. Something easier than a moby to wear baby.

Elan Dakota 7/28/2012
Paxx Tarlow & Sage Finley 10/20/2012
Rhys Caelan 5/3/2013

October 18th, 2013, 09:57 AM
Lyndsey2013's Avatar Mom to 2 + 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nel View Post
I wish I would have had a better breast bump and nipple shields right away. I was not prepared for breastfeeding to be difficult at all.
I was not prepared for breastfeeding to be hard either! My doctor refused to latch on even though she had a powerful suck. I was so grateful I got a good breast pump because I used it several times a day for 4 months. Hopefully this baby will feed better, but my expectations will be lower.

Most used items... we used a rock n' play as her bed until she was 6 months. Also she loves her jumper and uses it daily.

Least used... she would cry in her swing, so she didn't hardly use that until she was 3 or 4 months old and still won't sit in it very long... I definitely never used the portable changing table bag I thought I had to have... we didn't really use the boppy much either.

I think every baby's needs are different, and it really just takes guessing to figure it out. Something strange - my daughter never went in our swing at home, but loved the one they had at daycare. Such a weirdo.

Edited to add: DAUGHTER!!! MY daughter did not latch on HAHA!
mkljmom likes this.

Gabriel Tomás, 4/29/14

Last edited by Lyndsey2013; October 18th, 2013 at 09:58 AM. Reason: freudian slip
October 18th, 2013, 12:26 PM
mkljmom's Avatar Super Mommy
Lyndsey...I laughed OUT loud! ^^ I thought, Maaan, who is her doctor?!? Hee hee jk, we all know you meant daughter!
Lyndsey2013 likes this.
Mommy to Max 9/21/99, Lucy 8/9/05, Kirby 7/18/07, Jaycie 2/11/09, and expecting baby #5 5/6/14

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search