My first major freak out

Forum: May 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 17th, 2013, 05:45 AM
mkljmom's Avatar Super Mommy
I am the oldest of 7 kids and mom to 4 and my brother lives with us, so 5 kids in the house total right now. Being a mom is my 'thing'. I have never had anxiety or doubt in the mom department. It is the one thing I know how to do well. Even at 19 with my first, I just felt like it is what I was born to do.

Fast forward to last night. Our house is a disaster. I mean, bad. Chaotic. It stems from never being home d/t extra curriculars and coaching and when I am home, I'm in bed or in the bathroom. DH works 12, sometimes 16 hour day shifts.He gets home between 7pm and 11pm. So, in the evenings, it is me for dinner, homework, baths, referee, etc. Last night, I was in the process of making dinner, breaking up a fight, listening to my brother tell me about his football practice and helping my 8 year old study for her spelling test and I offically became overwhelmed. I had to go in the bathroom and count to 100. HOW AM I GOING TO ADD A BABY TO THIS?!

I never freak out, but I am freaking out you guys! I know we only get what we can handle, but I am only one person with two hands! Ahhhhhhhhh
Mommy to Max 9/21/99, Lucy 8/9/05, Kirby 7/18/07, Jaycie 2/11/09, and expecting baby #5 5/6/14
October 17th, 2013, 08:27 AM
anhoyle's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Aww sorry. I can't imagine. You sound like super woman to me! I only have one right now but I want 4-6 kids depending on money. I think you'll be ok you will just need to work out a new routine and baby wear a lot.

[/url

October 17th, 2013, 09:26 AM
Veteran
I can imagine it is so very hard! You are doing a great job! When I feel like that I pray even if it is only a short prayer and I have been praying a lot lately!!! lol! Grace gets me through!

How can there be too many children? That is like saying there are too many flowers. ~ Blessed Mother Teresa
October 17th, 2013, 10:57 AM
Lyndsey2013's Avatar Mom to 2 + 3
Maybe it's time to start asking the older kids to do more?s

Gabriel Tomás, 4/29/14
October 17th, 2013, 11:08 AM
girlsofsummer's Avatar Us two became we three <3
Ditto PP, maybe ask for more help and delegate more?

Take off your cape and find some time to rest lady...even if it means letting things fall by the wayside.
October 17th, 2013, 11:10 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I think everyone has moments like this! Especially with kids! I think you will be surprised how resourceful you will be when the next one arrives...you will just find a new routine.

October 17th, 2013, 05:29 PM
Masesmama's Avatar Veteran
Bc, I have these moments and I have one kid! You are super mom! It's okay to freak out. Somehow when you get your baby in your arms things will all fall into place and it will make sense. It won't be easy but it will work out

Expecting Baby Boy #2!

Due May 12, 2014!

October 17th, 2013, 08:59 PM
mkljmom's Avatar Super Mommy
thank you everyone. Today was really rough. See my post about DH's intervention
Mommy to Max 9/21/99, Lucy 8/9/05, Kirby 7/18/07, Jaycie 2/11/09, and expecting baby #5 5/6/14
October 18th, 2013, 10:47 AM
ToMuchElmo's Avatar Veteran
I am mom to 4 as well. I am a SAHM. My house is a disaster. I mean trashed with toys. I try to keep up with the dishes because if I don't we will either run out or they get much harder to clean. I am so ill I can't do anything else but laundry, sometimes, and then it goes into a basket and not put away. The first trimester of my last 3 pregnancies (incl this one) has been the worst I have ever felt in my life. I vomit, then have to lay down or get sick again. It makes my head hurt and I feel like I just want to die.

Try to remember that you will feel better, gain more energy and be able to handle things easier again. Right now is just a tough time.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search