Teenage angst for my teenage face

Forum: May 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 23rd, 2013, 08:25 AM
girlsofsummer's Avatar Us two became we three <3
Who else has a face that looks like you are 15? I can't figure out what the heck to do -- I'm breaking out so much! It's not even that oily, but my pores are so, so clogged. I've tried switching face washes, moisturizers, make-up, brushes, etc.

Help!

(Cue "Teenage Dirtbag" - Wheatus)
October 23rd, 2013, 09:10 AM
MrsPalumbo's Avatar Super Mommy
**Lurking from April DDC**

My sister had a little boy back in July and she would go for spa facials regularly to keep her pores clear during pregnancy. That might actually be cheaper than trying a million different otc solutions!
October 23rd, 2013, 09:33 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Funnily enough I don't have this problem. I had some mild acne before DD...I would always have at least 1 blemish on my face, especially on my jaw line which is supposed to mean it's hormonal. It cleared up during pregnancy and remained clear after. I am dealing with dry skin right now which is no fun though :/

October 23rd, 2013, 10:23 AM
Mega Super Mommy
my skin has reached a new level of horrible. I have always dealt with minor menstrual break outs but this is just stupid. It has slowly started to clear up the last week or so but I still have two huge zits that have set up camp on my forehead lol

I did redye my hair and covered my greys this past weekend, so I dont feel as repulsive but these zits need to go away!

October 23rd, 2013, 12:07 PM
inyourhonor's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Me! I have a friend who swears by organic apple cider vinegar.

I haven't tried it yet, I'm getting those horrible deep painful ones. As soon as I can get to the store I know carries it (local store doesn't seem to -.- ) I'm giving it a shot.

Killian Rivers born April 17th at 36 weeks

Killian's Birth Story
October 23rd, 2013, 01:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by inyourhonor View Post
Me! I have a friend who swears by organic apple cider vinegar.
Does she just put it on a cotton ball and wipe her face with it? After cleanser or not cleanser at all?

My aunt mentioned using just baking soda, too. I read that it takes several weeks for your skin to react to a new routine so perhaps I need to try both and give it some time.

I'm starting to wonder if it's not something more though, like the fabric sheets I'm using when I dry my towels/wash clothes. Because it's a lot of very small pimples too, like allergic-reaction type.

Sigh. I just feel really unattractive right now.
October 23rd, 2013, 01:50 PM
bella88's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My face is both oily and pimply and dry at the same time . Super bad on my jaw line and I'm getting pimples all between my boobs too. I feel so ugly lol.

October 23rd, 2013, 02:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by girlsofsummer View Post
Does she just put it on a cotton ball and wipe her face with it? After cleanser or not cleanser at all?

My aunt mentioned using just baking soda, too. I read that it takes several weeks for your skin to react to a new routine so perhaps I need to try both and give it some time.

I'm starting to wonder if it's not something more though, like the fabric sheets I'm using when I dry my towels/wash clothes. Because it's a lot of very small pimples too, like allergic-reaction type.

Sigh. I just feel really unattractive right now.
She said she takes a cotton ball/swab and just applies it to the problem areas. According to her, it didn't take long for them to vanish.

Killian's Birth Story
October 23rd, 2013, 04:04 PM
MommaBean18's Avatar Gabe & Mason's Mommy
My face has always been oily. With winter coming up, it's been very dry and itchy and it's difficult to find a face lotion that doesn't make me break out.

October 23rd, 2013, 06:16 PM
LUSHaye's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't even think I had this many breakouts when I WAS a teenager. Usually I look outside the window to see the rocky mountains. Not anymore because they're on my FACE. I have a facial scrub but I don't think it's working. It might actually be doing more harm than good. BUT. My sister has this milk and honey body wash that is extra gentle (I think it's hypoallergenic. She's allergic to life). I used it a couple times on my face and noticed a nice change. So maybe I'll have to stick to that.
October 23rd, 2013, 07:48 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm not having issues with big pimples but my pores are getting sooo clogged resulting in all these little colorless bumps. Drives me nuts. None of my normal stuff is working and the stuff that really works you can't use while pregnant. Grrr. You can't really see them but I hate the way my skin feels right now.

October 24th, 2013, 07:46 AM
mkljmom's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm dealing with extreme dry skin problems. My face is peeling in places so bad that I look like I'm healing from a sunburn. I still have a few blemishes at my jawline though.
Mommy to Max 9/21/99, Lucy 8/9/05, Kirby 7/18/07, Jaycie 2/11/09, and expecting baby #5 5/6/14
October 24th, 2013, 08:32 AM
I started the apple cider vinegar treatment last night, so hopefully that'll do the trick.
October 24th, 2013, 10:43 AM
Let me know how it goes. I plan on going to a different grocery store tomorrow, I'll probably have better luck there finding it.

Killian's Birth Story
October 24th, 2013, 12:10 PM
rebeccabaltimore and more's Avatar (rebeccabaltimore)
Tea tree oil and Oxy worked for me.

Thank you Vicki for my awesome siggy!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search