SO is getting on my nerves

Forum: May 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree16Likes
  • 2 Post By DueinMay80
  • 1 Post By Nel
  • 1 Post By inyourhonor
  • 2 Post By lovemylittlemiss
  • 3 Post By PointDefiance
  • 1 Post By rebeccabaltimore and more
  • 1 Post By DueinMay80
  • 2 Post By bella88
  • 1 Post By MelNYC
  • 1 Post By Masesmama
  • 1 Post By Kellylovesricky

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 25th, 2013, 09:20 AM
Regular
He keeps coming to me with dumb *** names he is thinking of.

Irratating, I'm going home for a week in November without him.
bella88 and Kellylovesricky like this.

October 25th, 2013, 09:47 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I am having the same problem. And the names I love he doesnt even acknowledge. He is lucky I love him cause he has bad taste in names. I told him last night we will cont the talk about names once we know if its going to be a girl or boy.

Here is my little story about last night...No offense to anyone with the name or girl child named Taylor

DH and I have very very different taste in music, like night and day. I like REAL rock music and he likes Pop.. It drives me insane, his saving grace is that he can actually play guitar and sing, but he likes such crappy music. Anyway he likes Taylor Swift and our very first drunken fight was about how much i cant stand that he likes her ( that was years ago). Last night we were looking at a list of names and Taylor was listed for a girl, of course he says "OH! what about Taylor" ..... hells no did he just say that, conversation over lol I was more mad then i let him know, but gross never!!!!
Kellylovesricky likes this.

October 25th, 2013, 09:53 AM
inyourhonor's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I can understand the annoyance. I'm very thankful we have similar tastes. Hopefully he will come around and you guys can talk without him being a butt!

We were texting the other day about names and it ended up with us being smart***** about it. The names we were pulling out were ridiculous (xerox, bukowski, etc).

Killian Rivers born April 17th at 36 weeks

Killian's Birth Story
October 25th, 2013, 09:56 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nel View Post
I am having the same problem. And the names I love he doesnt even acknowledge. He is lucky I love him cause he has bad taste in names. I told him last night we will cont the talk about names once we know if its going to be a girl or boy.

Here is my little story about last night...No offense to anyone with the name or girl child named Taylor

DH and I have very very different taste in music, like night and day. I like REAL rock music and he likes Pop.. It drives me insane, his saving grace is that he can actually play guitar and sing, but he likes such crappy music. Anyway he likes Taylor Swift and our very first drunken fight was about how much i cant stand that he likes her ( that was years ago). Last night we were looking at a list of names and Taylor was listed for a girl, of course he says "OH! what about Taylor" ..... hells no did he just say that, conversation over lol I was more mad then i let him know, but gross never!!!!
Bahaha sorry to offend anyone but I do NOT care fore Taylor swift...at all! I actually like Taylor better as a boy name but would never use it. My husband likes a lot of pop music too..that and trance. Some of it is ok but a lot of it I don't like!

We have a really hard time with names too...we didn't even have a name for DD before she was born. I wish names were easier. DH has strong opinions about names and I do too so it's hard to compromise.
Nel and Kellylovesricky like this.

October 25th, 2013, 12:48 PM
PointDefiance's Avatar My job is life itself.
My DH messaged me last night at 5pm asking what I wanted to eat, proceeded to [2 hours later] being me home McDonald's chicken nuggets and brag about how he got a $32 steak at Olive Garden. I almost killed him.
October 25th, 2013, 01:00 PM
rebeccabaltimore and more's Avatar (rebeccabaltimore)
My husband wanted to name our youngest son after a comic book character.

We didn't do that.

Thank you Vicki for my awesome siggy!!

October 25th, 2013, 02:23 PM
Regular
Why are they soo dumb while we are pregnant???

Ugh!

October 25th, 2013, 02:56 PM
bella88's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Haha DH doesn't have to do too much to annoy me lately. ******* stole my maltesers yesterday! Though it was funny when he ran up and pinched the bag off me. I get up and chase after him being all "oh no you don't! Maltesers noooooo" and he's running around the house giggling and putting them in his mouth one at a time shouting "nom nom nom maltesers!". There's too much of a gut on me now to make a good go of jumping on his back . One poor attempt at that and wrestling them away in the kitchen (aka DH letting me win) and woo, maltesers for me!

Last edited by bella88; October 25th, 2013 at 03:02 PM.
October 25th, 2013, 05:06 PM
MelNYC's Avatar Melissa
When DH suggests a horrible baby name I just smile and say, "ok, well, let's add it to the list." But of course I don't. And he hasn't caught on yet.
October 25th, 2013, 07:58 PM
Masesmama's Avatar Veteran
omg lol with my first my husband wanted to name my son either Ivan or Gabriel. No offense to anyone who likes those names, but I do not lol. I think they sound dated. We settled on Mason because it was the first one we both liked lol. We haven't discussed this baby but I have a feeling it will be totally the same as last time haha.

Expecting Baby Boy #2!

Due May 12, 2014!

October 26th, 2013, 12:35 PM
Kellylovesricky's Avatar & Mikey & Isabella
I'm so glad my husband has similar taste in names...at least he humors me! I picked Corey Taylor for a boys name ( he's the lead singer of a heavy metal band) and my husband said ok. I wasn't super serious...although when he agreed I thought strongly about it lol
inyourhonor likes this.

October 26th, 2013, 03:13 PM
MommaBean18's Avatar Gabe & Mason's Mommy
With DS we were decided on Jacob up til I was 7 months then we decided it wasn't right for us. After finally deciding on a name, we struggled with the middle name. Naming is always rough lol

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search