Lol where do you go?

Forum: May 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree8Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 26th, 2013, 06:16 PM
bella88's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
When your favourites are names like Audrey, Evelyn, Scarlett and Elisabeth and DH favours names like Maddie and Holly? Don't get me wrong, I actually really like Maddie. I just think it's more of a nickname and think that Madeleine or something would be a better pick seeing as the kid still has to be a grown up one day and for Maddie to be the nickname. He's all like nope Maddie's fine lol.

October 26th, 2013, 07:00 PM
LUSHaye's Avatar Super Mommy
I worked at a daycare and one of the girls was Maggie. It fit her really well, can't imagine a better name, but it was different since that was her official first name.
October 26th, 2013, 07:02 PM
Lyndsey2013's Avatar Mom to 2 + 3
Maybe Madison might be another option?

Gabriel Tomás, 4/29/14
October 26th, 2013, 07:03 PM
Mega Super Mommy
You compromise somewhere on that one name you both like! DH and I like completely opposite style names. His taste sucks So for DS we went through hundreds of names before finding three options we could both agree on and then we picked from those.
Decemberhill and Lyndsey2013 like this.

October 26th, 2013, 07:04 PM
Lyndsey2013's Avatar Mom to 2 + 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by joanna26 View Post
You compromise somewhere on that one name you both like! DH and I like completely opposite style names. His taste sucks So for DS we went through hundreds of names before finding three options we could both agree on and then we picked from those.
We can only ever agree on 1 name, so for us it's pretty 'easy' so-to-speak. Lol it's just figuring out what that one name is.

Gabriel Tomás, 4/29/14
October 26th, 2013, 07:52 PM
Masesmama's Avatar Veteran
Yep we were total opposites too.. We both liked Mason and said okay that's it. As soon as we both agreed on one haha. I like Maddie but I agree it's more of a nickname. I try to picture a 40 year old man or woman with a name like "Katie" and think it should be Katherine or Kathleen or something because that looks better for adults. My name is Kimmy though, and I still hate Kimberley. I use it when I have to so I guess I'm glad my parents named me Kimberley and not Kimmy haha. I feel like a 12 year old with my name.

Expecting Baby Boy #2!

Due May 12, 2014!

October 26th, 2013, 07:55 PM
Tree_Love's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Tell him you can immediately begin calling her Maddie and even do name letters on the wall Maddie but her name will be Madeline. And since you are pushing her out, you get to make the call! Seriously though, if it was a boy and he liked Nick would he name the kid just Nick?! No. They aren't called "Nick names" for nothing!!

Elan Dakota 7/28/2012
Paxx Tarlow & Sage Finley 10/20/2012
Rhys Caelan 5/3/2013

October 26th, 2013, 07:57 PM
peace.love.audrey's Avatar Twins? Pinch me!
I say you just put your foot down and stick with Audrey, it's a fabulous name! We call my DD Audi for short.
bella88 likes this.

8.27.10 1.30.11 3.18.13
Don't believe in God? You're not alone!
October 26th, 2013, 10:05 PM
I'm a lot more keen on Madeleine than Madison. Haha I really like Audrey but DH hates it XD. I guess we can debate it until December until we find out for sure.

October 26th, 2013, 11:08 PM
Mega Super Mommy
the new name that i picked out of a list that i liked was Madalyn. I like it cause you can used Maddie for a nick name. I wouldnt ever give someone a nick name as their actual name though.

i know someone who named her lil girl Gwendolyn (which i think is a pretty name) but said she would not let anyone ever call her Gwen cause she hated it. I thought that was pretty odd cause there are going to be LOTS of people that are going to call her Gwen.

October 26th, 2013, 11:45 PM
Tree_Love's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My best friends sister's name is Gwen. Just Gwen. Because her mom hated Gwendolyn... Haha.

Elan Dakota 7/28/2012
Paxx Tarlow & Sage Finley 10/20/2012
Rhys Caelan 5/3/2013

October 27th, 2013, 01:02 AM
I guess he thinks Maddie is a nice enough name in itself, I just find it hard to picture on a resume or something. It's cute but a bit little kiddish. It came up on a random list and he liked it so that's a start. Ah well who knows, might find something we like better by December or May or it may be a boy! So glad our boy name was easy! Full name inc middle names was no problem, been named for years .

October 27th, 2013, 04:10 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm like you...I tend to like the more classic names (at least as far as girl names) but DH finds them stuffy. I agree, I think Madeline/Madeleine is better suited for an adult. Names are so hard!

October 27th, 2013, 06:27 AM
*CAMM*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I just keep pounding away until he agrees =)
My dh has HATED both of our kids names...but one day he seriously out of the blue said ...oh I love that name....like he had never heard it before. LOL. He pretty much says NO to every name I mention just to be difficult...and then softens up to whichever is my favorite in the end.
Like my fav boy name for this baby....he has said NO NO WAY NEVER...then MAYBE....and the other day he referred to the baby with THAT NAME....so yeah...Ive got him now lol.

October 27th, 2013, 08:16 AM
Masesmama's Avatar Veteran
This whole baby naming business is so odd, I feel alienated lol. When I was pregnant with my son, everything baby was discussed over a satellite phone from thousands of miles away. My husband was in Bahrain at the time and in Kuwait when my son was born. I feel like all of you are having a baby and I'm just getting fat lol. I don't know why it still doesn't feel real to me. I haven't discussed any baby decisions at all yet and by this point we had already picked out a name for my son. We didn't pick a girl name because we just KNEW it was a boy lol.

Expecting Baby Boy #2!

Due May 12, 2014!

October 27th, 2013, 10:38 AM
inyourhonor's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
When I hear the name Maddie, I think it belongs to Madeleine like you said, or Madelyn

Killian Rivers born April 17th at 36 weeks

Killian's Birth Story
October 27th, 2013, 04:53 PM
Hehe DH is a stubborn man but maybe I can wear him down to deciding Madeleine is good

October 27th, 2013, 05:06 PM
inyourhonor's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Do you have a middle name set? You could come up with a compromise. We did with two of our sons middle names. Our oldest's middle name is a name I'd LOVED to have used as a first, he didn't. So he said we could use it as a middle. Then, the middle name of my middle son, I was not a fan of, I didn't think it fit but it meant a lot to my husband. So I compromised since he had done the same with our first son. Now his middle name, it fits him perfectly and I love the uniqueness of it

Killian Rivers born April 17th at 36 weeks

Killian's Birth Story
October 27th, 2013, 07:57 PM
ToMuchElmo's Avatar Veteran
My daughter's name is Madeline, we call her Maddie for short. I hardly ever call her by her full name, but I don't think I would have just named her Maddie LOL.

Her name is Madeline Elizabeth
October 28th, 2013, 12:16 AM
Haha we have been thinking about June Elisabeth for the middle names for a girl. I like having two middle names . Our boy does too. June is my grandma's name and Elisabeth is just nice lol. I don't mind compromising on them at all if we find something that fits with a first name but I think DH thinks they're ok. Last time I said what about girl middle names he was all "But I thought we already picked those?". Haha it's all still negotiable dear
ToMuchElmo likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search