I can't believe some people!

Forum: May 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By rebeccabaltimore and more

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 27th, 2013, 11:56 AM
inyourhonor's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
This morning I woke up, went outside and saw one of our small pumpkins missing. Earlier this month my middle son and I went on his class field trip to the pumpkin patch. We each got to pick out a pumpkin, I had him pick mine out as well.

Well, I went out, found it missing and then my husband went out to the car only to find out someone decided to take it off our property and then smash it in the street in front of our next door neighbors!

I can't stand people who do that! There was a party down the street last night, but I don't know if the person who did it was connected to them. Or some jerk of a teenager. But, I want to leave a sign out saying "I hope you're happy, you stole a 4 year old little boys pumpkin and smashed it. Way to be a decent human."

Killian Rivers born April 17th at 36 weeks

Killian's Birth Story
October 27th, 2013, 12:55 PM
Mega Super Mommy
People are so rude. I have a similar story... Our vehicle was vandalized last week...we came back from our walk and there was a very deep, almost 2 foot long scratch in it. Our neighbor was there when it happened and the people asked if it was her car...she said no but got them a pen and paper to write a note and leave it on the car with their information. They pretended to do that but never actually left the note. :/ Our neighbor didn't see what happened but she thinks that the kid scratched it with his bike somehow...way to leave a good example for your kids by doing the right thing *sarcasm* We filed a police report and they estimated the cost would be about 1000EUR. Pretty sure we will never see/hear from these people again.

October 27th, 2013, 01:36 PM
mkljmom's Avatar Super Mommy
ugh! I'm glad we live in the country and our only neighbors are old!
Mommy to Max 9/21/99, Lucy 8/9/05, Kirby 7/18/07, Jaycie 2/11/09, and expecting baby #5 5/6/14
October 27th, 2013, 02:03 PM
Mega Super Mommy
That kind of thing really upsets me too. I once caught kids stealing christmas blubs out of a bush in the front yard and smashing them on the street... why?!

October 27th, 2013, 02:20 PM
Tree_Love's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ugh! That would piss me off! We live in a court and our neighbors are probably the type of people to do that, but they like me so I am not real worried. I try to be friendly to the thugs and then they kind of keep other thugs away. Ha.

Elan Dakota 7/28/2012
Paxx Tarlow & Sage Finley 10/20/2012
Rhys Caelan 5/3/2013

October 27th, 2013, 02:25 PM
They've been out there weeks, it makes no sense. So my only guess is that it was the drunks from the party a few houses down. I wish I knew what house it was at.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nel View Post
That kind of thing really upsets me too. I once caught kids stealing christmas blubs out of a bush in the front yard and smashing them on the street... why?!
Lack of respect or parental supervision. If I EVER caught or heard of my child doing that, there would be consequences. Not your property, do not touch!

Killian's Birth Story
October 27th, 2013, 06:55 PM
Andrea1122's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Location: California, Thank you military for sending us back home
Oh that's so upsetting, im so sorry.. People just have no respect these days : (

October 27th, 2013, 07:53 PM
ToMuchElmo's Avatar Veteran
There are to many unsupervised kids on my street. We get pumpkins smashed every year of we leave them outside. We have to put them on our porch. This summer I put a large amount of annual flowers along the front of our house. Kid down the street comes along every day and rips off the flowers. He finally got in trouble for ripping out whole plants out across the street, by the police. Guess the neighbors got fed up. It happened before he ruined my yard, so they recovered.

I get sad and disgusted when people/kids do this kind of thing.
October 27th, 2013, 09:00 PM
MommaBean18's Avatar Gabe & Mason's Mommy
That's so agitating. I'd rip those kids a new one if I were you, but that's probably mostly hormones talking lol.

October 28th, 2013, 04:54 AM
If I knew who it was, I would. But I can't be sure if it was a person who lives here or a person who was at the party.

They were on our sidewalk right up by our porch! So it's not like they were by the road, the person had to come up by my door and take it! My husband left for about 30 minutes that night, I wonder if they thought nobody was home and did it.

I hate living here, it's our temp plan though, so we're here for another year possibly. Then we'll work on our next plan, land and a new house.

Killian's Birth Story
October 28th, 2013, 04:57 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Boo Things like that are so frustrating. Last year it actually snowed here (Texas) on Christmas day. We played outside for a while and DS made several snowballs and put them in a large plastic bowl to play with tomorrow. Left it in our front yard. We went out the next morning to find that someone had stolen the bowl!!! Still can't believe that happened. It was a $1 plastic bowl for heaven's sake and it was Christmas night. What is wrong with people?

October 28th, 2013, 08:35 AM
rebeccabaltimore and more's Avatar (rebeccabaltimore)
Teenagers need better hobbies.
ToMuchElmo likes this.

Thank you Vicki for my awesome siggy!!

October 28th, 2013, 10:07 AM
Veteran
No respect.... so sorry for your little guy.

How can there be too many children? That is like saying there are too many flowers. ~ Blessed Mother Teresa

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search