Mommy Guilt

Forum: May 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 27th, 2013, 09:14 PM
Crafty Mommy
I have been kind of low on patience and a bit quicker tempered with DD (who is almost 3) lately, and I feel terrible! She has been pushing my limits and just being a toddler but I still feel like crap many days and I just don't have the patience that I normally do. I feel like I am going to be a terrible mom to two if I am snapping at her already but I am hoping its just the hormones. :-(

Like today she wanted to play outside but I was trying to clean the house so I let her go out back while I watched in the window and within minutes, she is digging up shovels of mud and dumping it on the dog!! I didn't even give her a warning, I just made her come back inside. Kind of harsh, it was a nice day.

Anyone else being a grouch??

October 28th, 2013, 03:24 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I had a few days several weeks ago in which I was pretty short tempered with DD. I felt bad too but I think it was the fact that I felt so crappy and DH wasn't around to help out. I have to give a lot of credit to single moms!

October 28th, 2013, 04:33 AM
mkljmom's Avatar Super Mommy
My fuse is always short when I'm pregnant. I have to walk away a lot or just count to one hundred. Sometimes I snap though, especially in the evenings when we are trying to do homework, dinner and baths, etc. I always apologize but I don't blame it on being pregnant when I'm talking to the kids. Also, if their behavior is what made me snap, I let them know. Mine older ones will usually cut it out in fear that crazy psycho mom will return!

Get breaks when you can. Maybe have a friend or family member babysit one afternoon? 3 is one of the most difficult ages, imo. That is when they realize they don't necessarily HAVE to listen to you!
Mommy to Max 9/21/99, Lucy 8/9/05, Kirby 7/18/07, Jaycie 2/11/09, and expecting baby #5 5/6/14
October 28th, 2013, 04:59 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Ugh I have had the same issue. If I try to do too much and get too tired then I just get snappy with everyone!

October 28th, 2013, 08:54 AM
rebeccabaltimore and more's Avatar (rebeccabaltimore)
That's normal. I do that with my 3 year old and I'm not even pregnant! They really know how to push buttons - and when you are vulnerable. I have MS and an anxiety disorder, and man, he knows when one of those is bothering me and lays on the trouble!

Thank you Vicki for my awesome siggy!!

October 28th, 2013, 12:08 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Im grouchy but because Im constantly so tired and sick I am spending 75% of my time at home in bed....

Thank god for my husband loving my son so much. Seriously, this man looks after my son more than his real dad EVER has. right now he is looking after him more than I can. Im so so so lucky and feel so guilty... but then again he is the one that did this to me , right ? hehe

October 28th, 2013, 09:55 PM
Crafty Mommy
Thanks girls, glad I am not the only one! Oddly, after me being Monster Mom yesterday, DD has been SUPER clingy today and bawling her eyes out when I had to go to work or leave at all today. I guess she doesn't hate me after all? ;-)

October 29th, 2013, 02:55 AM
BB2014's Avatar Super Mommy
I haven't been grouchy towards my son, I've just felt like the absentee parent- the one sleeping sitting up on the couch while he is entertaining himself, like day and day again. I feel so guilty because normally I play board games with him and make crafts together. Lately- none of that has been happening because I'm way too tired after work. So I can understand your mommy guilt 100 percent!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search