Who's still not out?

Forum: May 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree22Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 1st, 2013, 06:01 AM
inyourhonor's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm just curious who hasn't spilled the beans yet

Killian Rivers born April 17th at 36 weeks

Killian's Birth Story
November 1st, 2013, 06:04 AM
StilettoGirlMama's Avatar Veteran
ME! I'm so jelly of everyone, you guys are all like a week or two ahead of me! LOL

DH and I couldn't hear the heartbeart at our last appt, so we are waiting until our next appt on Tues just to confirm everything is going well before we tell the world. ALTHOUGH my grandma told the entire family already totally spoiled it for me.

But that's ok, she was excited.
November 1st, 2013, 06:10 AM
peace.love.audrey's Avatar Twins? Pinch me!
Me! I probably won't be announcing until Christmas. We are waiting until we know genders cause I think it will be more fun.

8.27.10 1.30.11 3.18.13
Don't believe in God? You're not alone!
November 1st, 2013, 06:14 AM
StilettoGirlMama's Avatar Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by peace.love.audrey View Post
Me! I probably won't be announcing until Christmas. We are waiting until we know genders cause I think it will be more fun.

Great idea! I wish I could wait that long (lol) as soon as I share with someone their first question is, "what are you having?" and I am like, "...I wish I knew!"
November 1st, 2013, 06:15 AM
inyourhonor's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by StilettoGirlMama View Post
Great idea! I wish I could wait that long (lol) as soon as I share with someone their first question is, "what are you having?" and I am like, "...I wish I knew!"
Tell them a panda

Killian Rivers born April 17th at 36 weeks

Killian's Birth Story
November 1st, 2013, 06:32 AM
emilyeeb's Avatar Veteran
We have told our families and best friends but not anyone else yet. My first exam is today and hopefully I get to hear the heartbeat so I can spill it already. I have a couple friends on FB who aren't due until June but have already told the world. And it has been hard to not be like, "I am too!" Hopefully after today's exam!

Thank you for my siggy Jaidynsmum!

November 1st, 2013, 08:47 AM
Super Mommy
We have told close friends and family but not everyone yet! Will be having DS' 3 yr pics/family pics/pregnancy announcement pics tomorrow so we should be "out" this weekend =) Gotta do it quick cause I can't hide this BUMP any longer
TTC#1 for 1 1/2 years~ DS, DJ (3) Conceived naturally using acupuncture and herbs
TTC #2 for 1 1/2 yrs~DH(3 mths on Clomid&Olive Leaf Extract)
Our 1st Clomid & TI cycle August 2013 -BFP on 9/08/13!!!!!!!!

November 1st, 2013, 08:57 AM
Andrea1122's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Location: California, Thank you military for sending us back home
We are still in the closet. Only my mom, BFF, and daughter know. We are telling the laws on thanksgiving. We have our elective gender scan 2 days before, so they will find out im preggo and the gender all at once. Then I just need to tell my dad, and I will announce on FB.

November 1st, 2013, 09:21 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by peace.love.audrey View Post
We didn't tell until after we knew the gender with DD It wasn't too bad actually because then we only had to deal with unsolicited advice for half the pregnancy
Lyndsey2013 likes this.

November 1st, 2013, 09:34 AM
Decemberhill's Avatar Nicole
We announced this past week. It is so nice to be out in the open. Ideally we wanted to wait until we knew the gender, but my sister is pregnant as well, due a week after me...so we wanted to announce together.

Mom to Ava (8) and Layla (6). Bennett Scott due May 19, 2014!
November 1st, 2013, 09:35 AM
NewMami's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to NewMami
I am dying to announce. But we are waiting until next weeks NT scan and ultrasound .
Then I want to tell the kids. Then I will need to tell my job ... We have some changes to make next year that they expect me to lead and be a part of. This is ping to throw a wrench in their plans .
Then we will send out the announcements. I don't know if I'm doing a FB reveal. If I do post something it will be after all the important people find out via mailed announcements or phone calls. I know my MIL is dying to tell her family and i want to give her that honor. They have had a lot of bad news in there family recently.
emilyeeb likes this.

November 1st, 2013, 10:00 AM
For a majority of my family (extended relatives) they will find everything out on our Christmas card. With my parents and little sister, my DD week be giving them an early present. They will have to open them at the same time and one box will be Baby A and gender, one box Baby B and gender and one box will be the due date.
joanna26 and Lyndsey2013 like this.

8.27.10 1.30.11 3.18.13
November 1st, 2013, 10:58 AM
PointDefiance's Avatar My job is life itself.
Have only told a few friends. Things didn't go so well when I too family I was pregnant the first time. I feel so bad that I can't because I really want to =[
November 1st, 2013, 11:10 AM
ToMuchElmo's Avatar Veteran
My friends and mother know. Not telling the rest of the family until I have to.
November 1st, 2013, 11:50 AM
Masesmama's Avatar Veteran
I'm glad I got out when I did, which was about a week and a half ago. I weighed myself this morning and still have not gained a single pound but I look about what I did at 20 weeks with the last one. There is no way to hide it, it's insane lol.
ToMuchElmo and emilyeeb like this.

Expecting Baby Boy #2!

Due May 12, 2014!

November 1st, 2013, 12:16 PM
Lyndsey2013's Avatar Mom to 2 + 3
I have told my mom, sister, brother, and boss. SO has told his family and a few close friends. I am waiting to tell extended family and the facebook world until either Thanksgiving or Christmas. Maybe inbetween - I have my gender ultrasound on December 4th, so hopefully sometime after that.

Gabriel Tomás, 4/29/14
November 1st, 2013, 12:32 PM
RedSoxFan84's Avatar Veteran
I told my family almost right away and a few friends. I just announced on Facebook on Monday after my NT scan. For some reason yesterday one of my coworkers who knew blurted it out at work and now everyone knows, but I'm fine with that.

- Katie

Thanks Vicki... for my beautiful siggy!
November 1st, 2013, 12:37 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Very close family and friends know but we haven't made any kind of public announcement. My friends keep asking when I am going to because they are afraid they are going to slip up and say something. I might put something together this week if I have a little more energy.

November 1st, 2013, 12:59 PM
bella88's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I admire the strength of the ladies who can keep quiet until after the gender scan! I very seriously thought about never posting on fb (everyone who is close already knows) but I couldn't help myself after the NT scan .

November 1st, 2013, 01:24 PM
I'm currently avoiding my parents like the plague because they will be able to tell I am pregnant and I really don't want to ruin the surprise.
Masesmama and ToMuchElmo like this.

8.27.10 1.30.11 3.18.13

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search