Have you noticed...

Forum: May 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 1st, 2013, 11:02 AM
Mega Super Mommy
That there seems to be waaay more clothing choices available for girls?! I've noticed this in the States and here. There will be like 10 racks for baby/toddler girls clothing and like 2 for boys. Makes it kind of hard! I enjoy the variety when shopping for DD so it might be somewhat challenging for a boy.

November 1st, 2013, 11:36 AM
Andrea1122's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Location: California, Thank you military for sending us back home
Yes there is always more for girls. But I find plenty of cute stuff for my boys. My boys are very well dressed
I find places like Carter's and Gymboree have a much more even number of clothes for each gender. But places like Target and old navy have way more for girls than boys..

November 1st, 2013, 12:11 PM
acmd03's Avatar Lincoln's Mommy
Absolutely! I agree that for more variety, check stores that are just for kids clothes. Other stores can be short on options. I've found that Macy's, although they don't have as much for boys as girls, still has a lot more for boys than most stores. Target is just pointless, now that my boy is in 18-24 month stuff, they have NOTHING for boys in those sizes. I guess there's only so much they can do with pants and shirts, while girls get dresses, skirts, leggings, etc!

November 1st, 2013, 12:46 PM
Masesmama's Avatar Veteran
yep I hate going to 15 stores to find clothes for my 3 year old lol. It's getting easier now that he's in 5T he almost out of toddlers and into little boys sizes so I can usually get him XS in little boys, and they have better selection. We love Children's Place.

Expecting Baby Boy #2!

Due May 12, 2014!

November 1st, 2013, 01:34 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yes - finding cute boy clothes can be hard. Especially when they get old enough to have an opinion!

November 1st, 2013, 02:16 PM
girlsofsummer's Avatar Us two became we three <3
I second A Children's Place. I've purchased great stuff there for friends' babies.

We're lucky to have two different outlets near us, so super cheap!
November 1st, 2013, 02:20 PM
Londons Butterfly's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Londons Butterfly Send a message via Yahoo to Londons Butterfly
I buy used from thrift shops or yard sales. And a lot of people sell girls clothes over boys clothes. Which works for me lol. If I'm having a boy I don't need anything. A girl, well mine turned 12 today so i think it's safe to say I have no girl stuff and would need some. (I can use some boy stuff I have lol)

Scarlett Diane

November 1st, 2013, 02:34 PM
inyourhonor's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yup and it gets frustrating. But I've managed to find quite a few cute things for my boys over the years. I hate going in and having only 5 racks to choose from out of the whole baby/toddler department and the rest is just girls galore. It'll always be like this, you can design many things for girls but designers just see shirts and pants for boys and only a certain amount of things to put on the shirts.

You get used to it haha.

Killian Rivers born April 17th at 36 weeks

Killian's Birth Story
November 1st, 2013, 03:57 PM
ToMuchElmo's Avatar Veteran
Boys clothes have come along way from where they were when I had my first 17 years ago. I love the carters and gymboree clothes for boys. Scouring ebay can be a great place to find really cute boys clothes to.
November 1st, 2013, 07:46 PM
emilyeeb's Avatar Veteran
Def more girl clothing than boys. I never really had to look for boy clothing though, so maybe I have tunnel vision anyway.

Thank you for my siggy Jaidynsmum!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search