Baby purchases!

Forum: May 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 3 Post By bella88
  • 1 Post By mkljmom
  • 2 Post By ashleyjo

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 2nd, 2013, 11:23 PM
bella88's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So we went into a baby shop yesterday to start having a look at car seats and we may have ended up purchasing a fair few items... not planned but when they are at a decent price then why not? May as well buy when the price is good. We got a car seat then started looking at the cots and decided to get one of those too! The price included a mattress so that was win. They also had a cot set that had a heap of pieces in it on special because they used it on a cot and it had only just been put out and a mosquito net that goes over the cot which will keep the mozzies out and the two cats off it. The cot and car seat come with a good warranty so that's nice, should do us until the kid doesn't really want it all anymore. Hooray for vuying stuff!

November 3rd, 2013, 12:14 AM
RedSoxFan84's Avatar Veteran
Yay! It's so exciting! I started buying stuff at 7 weeks, but so far only small items like clothes and blankets. I want to buy my baby carrier but I haven't found it anywhere so I guess I will have to order online. Best part is we still have plenty of time!

Thanks Vicki... for my beautiful siggy!
November 3rd, 2013, 09:28 AM
mkljmom's Avatar Super Mommy
I feel guilty . I have not purchased ANY thing and don't plan to until after Christmas. We are a full house with 5 kids, mom, dad , dog, turtle and fish. If I bought something right now idk where I would put it. ....hmmm...guess I better figure that out, huh? I have about 25 weeks to find a spot for this sneaky critter
Lyndsey2013 likes this.
Mommy to Max 9/21/99, Lucy 8/9/05, Kirby 7/18/07, Jaycie 2/11/09, and expecting baby #5 5/6/14
November 3rd, 2013, 09:46 AM
inyourhonor's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I love getting great deals!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkljmom View Post
I feel guilty . I have not purchased ANY thing and don't plan to until after Christmas. We are a full house with 5 kids, mom, dad , dog, turtle and fish. If I bought something right now idk where I would put it. ....hmmm...guess I better figure that out, huh? I have about 25 weeks to find a spot for this sneaky critter
Don't feel guilty. We won't be buying anything till probably March. We're the same way, full house. Space will have to be made and there's no point in doing it now. So around March we'll start buying it all.

Killian Rivers born April 17th at 36 weeks

Killian's Birth Story
November 3rd, 2013, 10:47 AM
ashleyjo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So exciting!! I bought one pack of muslin swaddlers at TJMaxx on clearance a couple weeks ago, but otherwise nothing else until we know the gender.. Except maybe my Ergo-- They have them at TJMaxx for 69.99 and I'm chomping at the bit to get one!

November 3rd, 2013, 11:27 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yay! I can't wait to start buying more! I've bought 2 swaddle blankets and 3 Carter's onesies when I was in the States because I couldn't help myself Other than that we haven't bought anything...will wait until we know for sure that's it's a he and not a she We have most of what we would need as far as big items go but I can't wait to start shopping for clothes!

November 3rd, 2013, 11:38 AM
*CAMM*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
exciting!!!

We havent bought A THING yet! We need a new infant car seat and a swing..and thats about it! Oh and a new pack of bottles. Other than that I dont see us buying a lot except for some diapers and wipes before hand and the baby soaps/lotions. I'm going to set back some extra cash to splurge on outfits when the baby is born since gender is a surprise until birth. I probably wont buy anything until April because I will hate having it sit around collecting dust!

November 3rd, 2013, 02:13 PM
Lyndsey2013's Avatar Mom to 2 + 3
We haven't bought anything either. Once we find out whether we're having a girl or boy, maybe we'll get some things. Having a 10 month old (and 4, 8, and 9 year old) takes priority at the moment. We have a 2 bedroom and are still figuring out if we can keep both babies in our room for another year or if we need to move up to a 3 bedroom.

Gabriel Tomás, 4/29/14
November 4th, 2013, 09:26 PM
Andrea1122's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Location: California, Thank you military for sending us back home
I bought a snap n go stroller used off a FB yard sale group for 10 bucks. I wasn't ready to buy things, but I couldn't pass that up.

November 4th, 2013, 10:48 PM
bella88's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Haha we totally didn't intend to but when we went in and the prices were pretty good on their own and the lady started saying you can have x amount off the price for pretty much everything we bought it made it a pretty good deal . I might have scored a change table/bath thingo for free and an awesome la di da stroller (it even has an ipod dock lol) that someone doesn't want anymore for $20.

November 5th, 2013, 06:52 AM
I couldn't resist and bought a couple of sleepers. Can't wait to go baby shopping! Our youngest is 9, so we have absolutely nothing baby left.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search