Baby movements

Forum: May 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree12Likes
  • 10 Post By bella88
  • 1 Post By *CAMM*
  • 1 Post By bella88

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 3rd, 2013, 01:58 AM
bella88's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It's been a while since I last thought anything but I am pretty darn sure I felt my baby moving today . Half nudge, half almost like a pop but quite low down. It was really strange to feel but not like anything I've ever felt before. It's such a hard feeling to explain! The wierd fluttering can be a bit different and I do wonder if that is gas or something but the nudgy pop feeling was definitely very different. It was enough to make me put my hand on the spot and smile and think, "Omg, that was the baby!". Anyone else feeling everything? Especially the other ladies who thought they started feeling stuff around 10 weeks. I have felt something maybe a handful of times since then but this felt much more definite . 13w3d today!
Nel, inyourhonor, joanna26 and 7 others like this.

November 3rd, 2013, 06:18 AM
*CAMM*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I started feeling the baby this Tuesday. I've felt it kick a few times since then and its always around the spot that I find it with the doppler. The way I explain it is it feels like popcorn popping =)
ShyButterflyMomma likes this.

November 3rd, 2013, 08:43 AM
mkljmom's Avatar Super Mommy
I have never been able to describe it to anyone, but I think popcorn popping is a great description! I've felt more regular movement (at least once or twice a day) this past week. I hate being pregnant, but feeling the baby move makes it worth it!
Mommy to Max 9/21/99, Lucy 8/9/05, Kirby 7/18/07, Jaycie 2/11/09, and expecting baby #5 5/6/14
November 3rd, 2013, 10:48 AM
ashleyjo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats!! That is so exciting! I've always said it feels like a fish crashing into the side of a bowl! I think I'm starting to feel this little stinker a litttttle tiny bit..

November 6th, 2013, 05:28 PM
RedSoxFan84's Avatar Veteran
Bumping this thread because the last two days I've been feeling what I think is movement. Yesterday was off and on, today seems to be a little more noticeable, maybe because in paying closer attention. So far it's only when I'm lying down and will be in a consistent spot for a long enough time that I don't think it's gas

Anyone else feeling anything yet?

Thanks Vicki... for my beautiful siggy!
November 6th, 2013, 05:31 PM
Masesmama's Avatar Veteran
I'm almost positive I've been feeling actual baby over the last 3 days, it's different than anything else. It's such a hard feeling to describe lol.

Expecting Baby Boy #2!

Due May 12, 2014!

November 6th, 2013, 05:31 PM
jmills1129's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
No movements here, other than little flutters, which could be baby or gas lol

9w4d, June, 16 2013
Missing My Angel baby
November 6th, 2013, 05:34 PM
inyourhonor's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I swear I felt flutters twice last night and it definitely wasn't gas. I love this part. I cannot wait till they're bigger and my husband and kids can feel it.

Killian Rivers born April 17th at 36 weeks

Killian's Birth Story
November 6th, 2013, 05:54 PM
bella88's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
DH swears he can hear the baby in there swishing about. He can hear stuff in there that doesn't sound like tummy noises but different. He does hear like a bat and he is pretty confident that he can hear a bit of swishing and thumping in there so maybe he can. I was poking at my belly last night in bed and though it was really light it felt like swishing and really light bumping back as I annoyed poor little Jellybean. I couldn't feel it from the outside but could on the inside. DH couldn't feel it but he listened for a little while with his ear way low on my belly. Must be pretty cool if you can hear a bit. I just love that it's getting to the point where bub can hear back! I really like the idea that DH can hear our Jellybean and that doon enough he will be getting booted back in the face .
inyourhonor likes this.

November 6th, 2013, 06:15 PM
inyourhonor's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Haha! Thats too cute!

When I was 39 weeks with my oldest, I used to poke at him and he'd kick back. Well, I managed to catch him just as he was kicking. Freaked me out and did you know, it's hard to run away from your own belly?

Killian Rivers born April 17th at 36 weeks

Killian's Birth Story
November 6th, 2013, 06:39 PM
LUSHaye's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yeah I think popcorn popping is a better way to describe it. 'Flutters' makes me think it's a light and airy movement. And I wasn't really sure what I was supposed to be feeling since all my innards are getting smushed around and everything just feels like a gas bubble. But! With that much better description, I've probably felt the bun move around quite a bit. It usually feels fairly low down. They were really active during the ultrasound and I guess they're still active now!
November 7th, 2013, 10:52 AM
Veteran
This is my first, and I started feeling really faint flutters around 10 weeks. Now at this point, I feel stronger single kicks from time to time. A couple days ago I actually felt 3 really fast pushes, but didn't think it could possibly be the baby. I looked it up and read that when they hiccup they do that. maybe I felt that this early?? I seem to be experiencing most things earlier than usual.
November 7th, 2013, 11:18 AM
Super Mommy
During my 10th week, I thought I felt the fish bumping into the bowl feeling. I haven't really felt anything definitive since. However, I do feel pains that make me think baby is using my ovaries as punching bags. At least I get to hear baby thumping around on my Doppler. I just feel too squished in my torso to really recognize anything to attribute to baby's movements.

Lucas Xavier is here! Born 4/24/2014 at 10:47pm
7 pounds 6 ounces
20.5 inches long

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search