weight comments rant

Forum: May 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By BB2014

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 3rd, 2013, 09:29 AM
BB2014's Avatar Super Mommy
My mom and dad are in town. My mom cannot stop making comments about me gaining 10 pounds already. I mean it's several times a day. She even keeps commenting on what I shouldn't be eating. My dad was going to grab chips out of the car (which I have never been a chip eater) and she made the comment that I shouldn't eat them because I really need to watch my salt intake. I feel like if she makes one more comment....I am going to blow up on her! The funny thing is- she smoked cigarettes while pregnant with my brother and I. We were both preemies probably because of that! Well she claims my son was preemie because I gained 75 pounds last time. Well if she says something again, I'm going to say something about her smoking. UGH!
bella88 likes this.

November 3rd, 2013, 09:59 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Judgement from family is hard to take. None of theses people are perfect either, right?

My parents were pretty judgey about some things after I had my son and we had a huge blow out because of it. I think the best way to deal with it is to step back and calm yourself first. Then tell them that you are AWARE of how they feel and you dont need to be reminded constantly. Remind them a stressed Mom is also bad for the baby

November 3rd, 2013, 11:37 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Wow that would really bother me too! I've never ever heard of anyone having a preemie because of weight gain! It almost seems laughable! I gained quite a bit last time too. I personally don't think weight gain over the limit is worrisome, as long as the mom is eating healthy. Some women may gain a ton eating healthy and others may be eating junk and gain in the range...silly (imo) to use something like weight to make the judgment call on that because it really doesn't tell much, especially because edema can cause a lot of weight gain (it did for me). And the fact that she's telling you to limit salt shows how out dated her information is...I've heard that pregnant women should eat salt to taste and lowering it not only doesn't do anything for preventing pre-e in pregnancy but can actually be dangerous!

I hope you do say something if she brings it up again...it's not worth the stress to have her harping on what is going on with YOUR body.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search