Today ...... huge rant for me!! Ugh

Forum: May 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By girlsofsummer
  • 1 Post By rabbitranch

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 3rd, 2013, 07:46 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I wanted to spend the day hanging out with my kiddo and hubby. Like go to the mall or a movie or something.

Instead I spent the entire afternoon & into the evening dealing with my horse colicing.... why? Because the freaking lady who boards my horses doesnt think they need to be fed hay yet. Over this weekend we have had a foot of snow. There is not a bale of hay or scrap of food to be found on her entire property.

My out of shape @ss had to walk across 100 acres in a foot of snow... round trip took me an hour and some to find my 3 horses, weed them out of the heard of 15 or so, and bring them to the barn. Not to mention having to fight off an aggressive pain in the butt mare who wouldnt leave us alone. Once we got back we began feeding them some pellets, grain and pulp mix. While they were so darn hungry one of my horses & my friend's horse both ate too fast and got sick..... My horse has NEVER coliced before and I have had him for ... 19 years now... Freak me right out! I was on the phone with the vet and had to spend another 30mins walking him in circles in the snow. Thankfully he is ok!! I had to go back and hour later and find him again to make sure he was ok... add another hour to my "marching through the snow" time for today. omg I dunno what I would have done if he wasnt ok... it would have been like losing a child to me.

Anyway, I get to do it all over again tomorrow.... cause there is still no hay out there and she isnt replying to our texts about when she will be getting any. I have made arrangements with another boarding place to come pick them up Tuesday or Wednesday.

I know no one here is a horse person but my pregnant out of breath @ss was really needing some pregnant mama support today as I trudged through the snow. It did motivate me to maybe work out a bit more here at home, cause that was brutal! The freezing wind being forced into my lungs .... ya good times... grrrrrrr

Last edited by Nel; November 3rd, 2013 at 07:52 PM.
November 3rd, 2013, 08:01 PM
Lyndsey2013's Avatar Mom to 2 + 3
You are right - I am not a horse person at all, but that sounds terrible! I hope you are able to find a better boarding place!

Gabriel Tomás, 4/29/14
November 4th, 2013, 02:33 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We live by a lot of horses and I really like them (Dh is terrified lol) but we don't have on of our own. Nonetheless I can see how that would have been scary! Sorry you didn't get to spend the day relaxing!

November 4th, 2013, 03:27 AM
anhoyle's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow that's awful. I would be furious. Those poor horses.

[/url

November 4th, 2013, 03:43 AM
Decemberhill's Avatar Nicole
That really sucks! I'm so glad your horses are OK, though.

Mom to Ava (8) and Layla (6). Bennett Scott due May 19, 2014!
November 4th, 2013, 04:20 AM
mkljmom's Avatar Super Mommy
geez Louise! That is awful . I'm so glad you found another place to board them!
Mommy to Max 9/21/99, Lucy 8/9/05, Kirby 7/18/07, Jaycie 2/11/09, and expecting baby #5 5/6/14
November 4th, 2013, 07:52 AM
girlsofsummer's Avatar Us two became we three <3
Oof, she sounds incompetent. I can't believe you had to do that. I'd be p***ed too!
anjewellove likes this.
November 4th, 2013, 07:52 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks Ladies <3

I woke up this morning and my throat hurts SO bad. I was already really sick with a bad head cold. Gasping for air in the super cold just burnt the crap out of my throat. Now its all irritated.... Waaaaaaaa Today is going to suck. At least it was the time change and I got to "sleep in"

November 4th, 2013, 09:20 AM
rabbitranch's Avatar est. 2000
That totally sucks! Hope you can find a boarding facility that takes better care of them. We have 2 horses and unfortunately we've experienced several colic episodes in our lifetime, it's never a pretty thing. In Canada will the vets sell you Banamine to give orally? That can make a big difference and keep the vet visits down too. We're lucky to have our horses with us now but we've boarded in the past and been at some really great and some really not so great places :/
anjewellove likes this.

Heidi, mama to 4 kiddos and an lost 11.25.13 at 11w5d
November 4th, 2013, 09:44 AM
emilyeeb's Avatar Veteran
So frustrating and scary! Glad you had the intuition to go there yourself.

Thank you for my siggy Jaidynsmum!

November 4th, 2013, 10:16 AM
Tree_Love's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
:'( That makes me so sad. Do you know the other boarders there? I would be getting a hold of people and letting them know how she is treating them. Maybe even call the news and haze her @ss.

Elan Dakota 7/28/2012
Paxx Tarlow & Sage Finley 10/20/2012
Rhys Caelan 5/3/2013

November 4th, 2013, 12:22 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We are actually thinking of calling the SPCA on her once we leave at the end of the week. We took pictures of the property, snow levels and the lack of any hay anywhere. Not sure if they would actually do anything though, its hard to say. None of the horses look like they are starving. The weather up until this past week has been warm and pleasant so they have been happily eating from the pasture.

Almost all of the boarders have left that we can tell. There were a LOT more horses there in the summer. The tack shed was stuffed so full they ended up buying a 2nd one. From what we can tell, there is now only 2 other people keeping stuff in the sheds. I think most of the horses out there now are the lady's and her daughter's.

We went out today to check on them again during my lunch hour.... ended up being 2 hours but oh well. Everyone is happy and I fed the again this time really keeping an eye on my older horse. Im happy I went and fed them again today, its so cold out. I dunno how this lady thinks they can dig up enough food to keep them warm! They arent wild animals, these are babied domestic pets. HOPEFULLY they will get moved tomorrow or wednesday.

November 4th, 2013, 01:48 PM
jmills1129's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am a horse person, just without horses. I would have wanted to punch the lady.. well i do want to. sorry you had to deal with that, colic is not something fun to deal with, but at least that is all it was, and your baby is ok..

9w4d, June, 16 2013
Missing My Angel baby
November 5th, 2013, 07:01 AM
Veteran
O man...I am so sorry.

How can there be too many children? That is like saying there are too many flowers. ~ Blessed Mother Teresa
November 5th, 2013, 07:48 AM
inyourhonor's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh wow, she sounds like a terrible boarder! I like horses, but from a distance. I'd love to get over my fear but haven't had the chance.

If I were in your shoes, I would have done the exact same thing. Hopefully the SPCA will do something, if not, that's just sad. I may spread the word to others to not board there because of what you witnessed first hand.

Killian Rivers born April 17th at 36 weeks

Killian's Birth Story
November 5th, 2013, 07:52 PM
Masesmama's Avatar Veteran
ugh that sounds horrible. I hope the place you found is going to take better care of them for you. Side note, OMG I could never live in Canada. I've been in the heat too long, lol I wore a tank top and flip flops today, it was almost 80 degrees in Arizona.

Expecting Baby Boy #2!

Due May 12, 2014!

November 6th, 2013, 06:27 PM
Mega Super Mommy

We moved them today <3 Here they are at their new home. The people there are so nice and I felt so great leaving them there. I probably wont see them again for another 3 weeks but I feel really ok with that. Normally Im super over protective but the lady is a trainer, riding instructor and 4-H leader... she knows her stuff. They are going to be well taken care of

We didnt actually tell the lady at the place we left that we were going today. We are waiting to see how long it takes for her to notice. We still have her keys for all the gates and tack sheds so I assume she will be contacting us when she does notice.

November 6th, 2013, 07:00 PM
inyourhonor's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So glad they're in a better place. You'll have to update us on what she says when she contacts you.

Killian Rivers born April 17th at 36 weeks

Killian's Birth Story
November 7th, 2013, 09:18 AM
Tree_Love's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by inyourhonor View Post
So glad they're in a better place. You'll have to update us on what she says when she contacts you.
Wss!

Elan Dakota 7/28/2012
Paxx Tarlow & Sage Finley 10/20/2012
Rhys Caelan 5/3/2013

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search