Making myself paranoid!

Forum: May 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 4th, 2013, 05:25 PM
Veteran
So I have been using my home doppler for about the past week and have been finding the baby's heartbeat successfully just about every time. Well tonight I tried and tried for about 15 minutes and couldn't find it! So now I am all paranoid because last night I started back working out and am afraid I hurt the baby. I know, I know it's probably just the baby is moving around or something but still hearing that heartbeat usually gives me such a reassurance! Ugh if I can just make it one more week I will be in the second trimester and maybe I will finally start to feel at ease!

Just needed to vent
November 4th, 2013, 07:40 PM
Crafty Mommy
That's the thing about the dopplers. My OB said I had to promise not to freak out if I dopplered or did my own ultrasound at work because it's usually nothing. There are some times I can't find a HB either but I can usually hear thumps of movement so I know baby is ok. Maybe try again after eating, that perks mine up. I just started working out again too and I was paranoid too. Came straight home and checked for HB!

November 5th, 2013, 02:29 AM
Mega Super Mommy
This happens to me to every once in a while. I think that baby is just in a bad position because then I will try again a couple hours later and usually find it. Also, if you are hearing placental sounds that is basically just as good as hearing the hb because those wouldn't be there if something is wrong. My sister's doc said if you hear the hb on a doppler at 10 weeks it's just as good as being 13 weeks as far as miscarriage risk goes so try not to worry

November 5th, 2013, 04:13 AM
Veteran
Thanks ladies! I definitely heard placental sounds and what I assumed were sounds of movement so hopefully everything is okay

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search