Appt update

Forum: May 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 4 Post By bella88
  • 1 Post By Faith=2xBlessed

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 4th, 2013, 05:53 PM
bella88's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So I had a pretty decent appointment today. Got the results back from NT scan and trisomy 21 risk is about 1:20000, 18 is 1:45000 and 13 is 1:15000. Those aren't the exact numbers but about there. Got diagnosed with Subclinical hypothyroidism (woo ) so now I'm on meds for that. Borderline low vit d too so gotta take sone of that. I mentioned how Jellybean looked like a boy and I got to take another peek. Looks even more boyish than he did 5 days ago, definitely a prominent something there at the moment. OB said that it definitely looks like a penis and that while it can be tricky to tell still at this stage it was pretty darn prominent to say the least and he would say it was a boy. Actually when we got the shot between the legs he said "Oh yeah there's a penis" though I dunno if he meant to say that bit out loud lol. All in all a good appt and nothing that can't be set right.

November 4th, 2013, 05:59 PM
Veteran
Glad your results came back good!! So jealous you got a little hint about what the baby is!!
November 4th, 2013, 06:00 PM
*CAMM*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh boys are so awesome!!! Will you have any more peeks before the 20 week ultrasound?

November 4th, 2013, 06:04 PM
Haha even to my untrained eye his junk just screams penis lol. My next appt isn't until a few hours after my ultrasound so no more peeking for me unless I go and get one at one of those 4d ultrasound places. Ultrasound and appt is December 18th so we will see if I can stick it out!

November 4th, 2013, 06:08 PM
Here is my sons 15 weeks scan where we found out he was a boy =) I was 15 weeks exactly. So if you are seeing hints that baby is a boy right now..it probably is!

November 4th, 2013, 07:10 PM
Yeah I figure with it being closer to 14 weeks and things downstairs look even more penis like than at 13 weeks then there's a pretty good chance. If the ultrasounds were closer to 12 weeks I would be a lot more apprehensive.

November 4th, 2013, 07:24 PM
Haha here's the world's dodgiest, lamest drawing of what we saw on the ultrasound today.

And here is the shot from the 31st

So it was fairly similar but there was definitely more sticking out this time and thinner and more distinguishable from the rest of the body. Where I was thinking "hey, looks like a penis!" but wasn't quite sure 5 days ago, it was a lot easier to see this time.

November 4th, 2013, 08:10 PM
Andrea1122's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Location: California, Thank you military for sending us back home
That sounds like a pretty great appt to me!! And from what I can tell it looks like a boy for sure.

November 4th, 2013, 08:39 PM
Your 13 week shot looks preeettty similar to my sons 15 week shot...I'm guessing you have a baby boy in there =)

I made my pic bigger because the other was so small..but you can see that the ultrasound pics (yours and mine) are pretty much the same!

Last edited by *CAMM*; November 4th, 2013 at 08:43 PM.
November 5th, 2013, 02:25 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yay! I think I saw a little something between the legs too at my 13 week...so I'm thinking boy as well! They say potty shots aren't accurate at this age but I think if you get the right angle and the doc/tech knows what to look for they can be pretty accurate at predicting boys I've looked at a lot of 13 week potty shots that were confirmed boy and they all look very similar to yours!

Sorry about your hypothyroidism :/ I take medication for it too, although that might change as I have an appt. this week to check the levels.

November 5th, 2013, 02:52 AM
Yeah I've seen that too (the not accurate thing) but SURELY you would think that it would be getting less penis like instead of the opposite huh? I hope it's still a boy on the 18th of Dec, wiuld be a dream come true. Haha my snazzy drawing is pretty conv I ncing
I'm just glad the hypothyroidism can be managed well enough and that they are on it. The stuff you read about what it does to babies when unmanaged is a bit blegh. So long as Jellybean is and stays ok .

November 5th, 2013, 04:15 AM
Decemberhill's Avatar Nicole
So glad you had a great appointment! I'm willing to bet it's a boy, too! How exciting!!

Mom to Ava (8) and Layla (6). Bennett Scott due May 19, 2014!
November 5th, 2013, 05:48 AM
Yay for a great appointment. Definitely looks like a boy.
November 5th, 2013, 07:00 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella88 View Post
Yeah I've seen that too (the not accurate thing) but SURELY you would think that it would be getting less penis like instead of the opposite huh? I hope it's still a boy on the 18th of Dec, wiuld be a dream come true. Haha my snazzy drawing is pretty conv I ncing
I'm just glad the hypothyroidism can be managed well enough and that they are on it. The stuff you read about what it does to babies when unmanaged is a bit blegh. So long as Jellybean is and stays ok .

I think it's pretty safe to say it's a boy Esp. since the doc even seemed to think so...I doubt he would have said anything unless he was pretty sure.

November 6th, 2013, 04:55 PM
Faith=2xBlessed's Avatar PrettyCrispy Scrunchy Mom
Yay glad your appt went well and that you have the meds you need! Love your drawing btw
bella88 likes this.

Layla Marie & Savannah Rose born on December 19th 2013
* After heartbreak and tears, and many fears my two blessings are here*

Relactating mama since march 13th 2014..don't ever stop something you

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search