Weight Gained in 1st trimester?

Forum: May 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree12Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 5th, 2013, 01:59 PM
*CAMM*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Anyone want to share...I'm feeling pretty blah at the moment.

10-11lbs gained and I'm 14 weeks. Hoping to stick to 1lb a week gain until I deliver... trying to NOT gain the 65lbs I gained with my other 2 kids. I gained 12-15lbs by 12 weeks with my son and daughter.

I started exercising again...so.out.of.SHAPE!!!

November 5th, 2013, 02:50 PM
Veteran
So far I have only gained 3lbs but I have a feeling that is about to start increasing big time! My appetite is crazy these past few days. I too am trying I avoid gaining 64lbs like I did last time!!
November 5th, 2013, 02:50 PM
Decemberhill's Avatar Nicole
I went in for my 12 week appt today and haven't gained anything.

I'm trying to be real careful since I gained 75 with my first and had Pre-E. I say this while I am dipping my Papa John's pizza crust into the warm garlic butter. Seriously. ha.
girlsofsummer, 208mama and BB2014 like this.

Mom to Ava (8) and Layla (6). Bennett Scott due May 19, 2014!

Last edited by Decemberhill; November 5th, 2013 at 02:58 PM.
November 5th, 2013, 03:00 PM
Ive gained at least 2lbs just in my boobs..which makes my 34DD's ...HUUGEE. I've had to switch over to my VS sports bras because none of my others fit. I can still fit into all of my normal clothes so thats a plus...just wish the weight gain was a tad lower.
Andrea1122 likes this.

November 5th, 2013, 03:00 PM
MommaBean18's Avatar Gabe & Mason's Mommy
I went to the doctor yesterday and I actually lost weight O.O I have no idea how that happened with me eating ALL THE TIME!

November 5th, 2013, 03:03 PM
lucky!!!! ^^^

I try really hard to control my eating habits..couple of snacks 2-3 meals a day and I still gain by just looking at a piece of cake LOL. I think my body is just doing what it wants no matter what I THINK it should do lol. I think it should slow down...it thinks...full speed ahead! haha

November 5th, 2013, 03:10 PM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by Decemberhill View Post
I went in for my 12 week appt today and haven't gained anything.

I'm trying to be real careful since I gained 75 with my first and had Pre-E. I say this while I am dipping my Papa John's pizza crust into the warm garlic butter. Seriously. ha.
Haha I say I'm trying to be careful too as I devour a basket of chicken fingers and fries!!
Nel likes this.
November 5th, 2013, 03:27 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I think I've gained around 6lbs according to the scale at the doctor last week. I don't weigh myself at home though. I feel like I've gained a ton!! I need to step up my exercising too but it's hard because I don't have much energy. Most days I just walk for about an hour and that's it. :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by *CAMM* View Post
lucky!!!! ^^^

I try really hard to control my eating habits..couple of snacks 2-3 meals a day and I still gain by just looking at a piece of cake LOL. I think my body is just doing what it wants no matter what I THINK it should do lol. I think it should slow down...it thinks...full speed ahead! haha
I gained a lot last time too...I think mother nature often has us gain easily in pregnancy so there are enough fat stores for after the birth/breastfeeding. Still sucks though!

November 5th, 2013, 04:31 PM
jmills1129's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am down 10 lbs, which I didnt have to lose in the first place. But baby us growing fine, I have had the nutritional talk with the midwives because they were worried, but she thinks with my working out/breastfeeding/ growing a baby that I am just burning more than I can take in. I had to drop my workouts to 2 times a week and am now maintaining a steady weight. And they keep telling me that its ok to eat junk, which I am not a fan of...

9w4d, June, 16 2013
Missing My Angel baby
November 5th, 2013, 04:33 PM
ashleyjo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've gained 3 lbs total since the beginning according to the scale at the doc today.

November 5th, 2013, 04:53 PM
bella88's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
About 7lbs down at the moment but very ridiculously out of shape and even walking a short distance has my getting out of breath. I'm eating more again now and throwing up less so it won't take long to gain it all back and then some.

November 5th, 2013, 05:09 PM
inyourhonor's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I weighed myself this morning and my scale said I was 1.3lbs lighter than when I was weighed in last month at my appointment.

I'll know for sure tomorrow if I gained or lost.

Killian Rivers born April 17th at 36 weeks

Killian's Birth Story
November 5th, 2013, 05:10 PM
Andrea1122's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Location: California, Thank you military for sending us back home
I think I'm up about 4-5lbs, which isn't too bad since I eat crap and haven't done much of anything in the last 2-3weeks(and like CAMM a few is in my boobs, haha). I'm hoping to end up at a zero(or negative weight gain) by the end, like I did with my last baby.

November 5th, 2013, 06:34 PM
emilyeeb's Avatar Veteran
Last week at my appointment, I had gained 1 pound. But It has to be more than that. I feel so bloaty and fluffed out. Andddd, although I am still breastfeeding, my boobs are the smallest they have been since before I got pregnant with my daughter. Wahnnn wahhhnnnn wahnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn and yeah I took a 30 minute walk last week, the only real exercise I have done in weeks.

Thank you for my siggy Jaidynsmum!

November 5th, 2013, 06:55 PM
LUSHaye's Avatar Super Mommy
I have lost about 3 pounds. Sometimes I feel heavier and bloated and just not cute. But so far, no added weight. I would have thought with my pants not fitting well anymore and my boobs getting huge, SOME weight would have been put on. I mean, if something is getting bigger inside of me, shouldn't my weight be going up even a little? NOPE. It goes down.
NewMami likes this.
November 5th, 2013, 07:27 PM
I broke down tonight and bought not one but TWO prenatal work out videos. One breaks down the workouts for your specific trimester ...also offers a full workout and an express work out. The other is a yoga one.

Hopefully this will help slow down my weight gain.
NewMami likes this.

November 5th, 2013, 07:31 PM
Masesmama's Avatar Veteran
I had an appointment today and I am down about 3 pounds so far. Which is good because I have plenty to lose and I've really been trying to eat better so I don't overgain like I did with my first. I'm hoping I will only be up 1-2 pounds by the next appointment in 5 weeks.

Expecting Baby Boy #2!

Due May 12, 2014!

November 5th, 2013, 10:43 PM
peace.love.audrey's Avatar Twins? Pinch me!
I haven't gained anything....but honestly, I am so fat, I really shouldn't be gaining at this point. I'm only allowed about 20lbs for the entire pregnancy, even with twins. I'm trying to be really careful and luckily it's been easy since I have no appetite 75% of the time.

8.27.10 1.30.11 3.18.13
Don't believe in God? You're not alone!

Last edited by peace.love.audrey; November 5th, 2013 at 11:21 PM.
November 6th, 2013, 03:01 AM
BB2014's Avatar Super Mommy
I have gained 10 pounds. YUCK! I hate it. During my first trimester, if I didn't eat something every 2-3 hours, I felt light headed and like I was seriously going to faint. So the choices I made in that time were not the best. I also gained a lot with my first pregnancy. I need to slow down and exercise. Maybe we could have a thread that we inspire each other somehow with exercise?
Lyndsey2013 likes this.

November 6th, 2013, 04:25 AM
mkljmom's Avatar Super Mommy
I lost 1lb the first 12 weeks but have not weighed myself since then. I usually gain 10 lbs or so during my first tri so I was proud of myself. I have been soooo hungry, I know I've gained something, I'm trying to stay under 20lbs for the whole pregnancy instead of gaining my typical 65lbs. So far it hasn't been too bad, but I'm going to be very tempted with the holidays coming up!
Mommy to Max 9/21/99, Lucy 8/9/05, Kirby 7/18/07, Jaycie 2/11/09, and expecting baby #5 5/6/14

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search