NT scan and gender

Forum: May 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 6th, 2013, 10:38 AM
Super Mommy
I went to my NT scan yesterday at 13w4d. Baby was measuring over 14 weeks so she said it won't work in the formula. I wanted to proceed with the check anyway. Everything looks great anatomically; spine closed, heart and kidneys good, blood flow normal. She says it looks like a boy, although we didn't think to ask how sure she thought it was.

I have a low-lying placenta apparently. She explained that anything 2cm or closer to the cervix is low-lying. Mine is 6mm from the cervix. From what I've read, it could move higher as my uterus grows, but if not, it looks like I will need a c-section. Not a big deal for me, but a c-section does put me at a higher risk of complications with my clotting disorder.

Baby was moving around, waving and even saluted. But, he wasn't in the right position for the NT check. So she thumped my uterus until he was turned over. She measured the NT even though baby is too large for the formula. NT is big. She's not overly concerned, but it did qualify me for Maternity 21 blood test. The perinatologist said she can't see anything that signals a problem based on his anatomy so she feels like everything is fine. The worrier in me is concerned, but then I try to brush it off as my baby knows I am a worrier, so he wanted to look a certain way to qualify me for the bloodwork. I will know for sure within 2 weeks. So we will officially tell both families what we are having at Thanksgiving.

Here is the lousy pic we got. The doctor kept all the good pics for the chart and left me with a pic of baby facing down. No limbs really showing at all.

Lucas Xavier is here! Born 4/24/2014 at 10:47pm
7 pounds 6 ounces
20.5 inches long

November 6th, 2013, 10:41 AM
Decemberhill's Avatar Nicole
Make sure they watch the placenta closely. I had placenta previa with my 2nd pregnancy. Total pelvic rest and then I had to go on bedrest at 27 weeks. My placenta only moved further down and eventually covered my entire cervix. My c-section was at 36 weeks because they didn't want me going into labor on my own.

Mom to Ava (8) and Layla (6). Bennett Scott due May 19, 2014!
November 6th, 2013, 10:44 AM
Super Mommy
Good to know! Thanks!

Lucas Xavier is here! Born 4/24/2014 at 10:47pm
7 pounds 6 ounces
20.5 inches long

November 6th, 2013, 11:01 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Well at least you get to do the MaterniT21? I soo wanted to but NT looks fine so I don't really qualify. I had a partial placenta previa with my DS but it self-corrected. Hopefully yours will too!

Last edited by joanna26; November 6th, 2013 at 11:02 AM. Reason: Hit enter too soon
November 6th, 2013, 12:10 PM
mkljmom's Avatar Super Mommy
Glad everything looks good! Placentas are unpredictable. I had a close to complete previa at 16 weeks with #3 and we were are sure I was going to need a c-section but it pulled far enough away from the cervix that I could deliver vaginally no problem. The perks? You should get lots of extra u/s and I consider pelvic rest a perk!
Mommy to Max 9/21/99, Lucy 8/9/05, Kirby 7/18/07, Jaycie 2/11/09, and expecting baby #5 5/6/14
November 6th, 2013, 12:19 PM
Tree_Love's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I also had a partial previa and a low lying placenta that "migrated" up out of the way. They put me on pelvic rest until it was gone. I wouldn't worry about a c/s unless it is still there at 28-30 weeks, then things are getting serious!

Elan Dakota 7/28/2012
Paxx Tarlow & Sage Finley 10/20/2012
Rhys Caelan 5/3/2013

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search