OT a little rant... sorry

Forum: May 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jmills1129

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 6th, 2013, 04:28 PM
jmills1129's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sooooo... My husband is most likely going on strike at the end of this month...meaning our insurance will run out, and I will not be able to afford my anatomy scan in December, because we will be without an income while he strikes, and have to use what we have in savings to pay for food, mortgage, bills etc. So me and a friend were discussing this today, and another lady pipes in and says "Your husbands shouldnt be going on strike, they should just be happy with what they have, and so should you. Not everyone has a union to back them up... I wish my family could go on strike..." at which point I stopped listening, because who WANTS to go on strike??? we surely dont, but when 98% of the company votes down the contract, you know its a sh*tty contract.

It felt like she was personally attacking me, saying I wasnt grateful for what I had. Believe me, I am grateful for what my husband and I have made for ourselves. we dont have much, but we do have a house, 2 cars fully paid for, and the ability to feed our family healthy foods. We have worked very hard for what we have, when we met, we both had nothing, I had a falling apart car, and lived with people I rented a room from that i met on craigslist.. He lived with his parents, had no job, no car, and we have worked for everything we have. It just felt like she thought i was "given" all I have, which is not the case...

sorry for the rant, but I still cant even talk to this person who said this, it is not the first time she has said something like this to me, (we have mutual friends) and at no time did I ever ask her opinion, or even talk to her about our situation, she just overhears and jumps right in with her unwanted 2 cents...

Rant over.... I think

9w4d, June, 16 2013
Missing My Angel baby
November 6th, 2013, 04:36 PM
inyourhonor's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You have to wonder where some peoples filters went. I'm amazed at the things that others think is okay and I'm sorry you felt attacked.

Could you temporarily get state aid till he's back to working? I hope the strike doesn't last long for you guys!

Killian Rivers born April 17th at 36 weeks

Killian's Birth Story
November 6th, 2013, 04:41 PM
only if he is out of work for a month, because they take the last 2 pay stubs and look at them. So, we are scheduling my Dec. apt the last week of Nov. and hoping we can wait till Jan. for the next apt, and hope that the strike doesn't last longer than a month. there is cobra care, but it is over 700 for just me to be covered on it, and we simply cannot afford to pay that...

I know we will make it work, I just couldn't believe her. and it frustrates me to no end that she would think that way of union workers. yeah they get a say when its time for a new contract, but they also put up with a whole lot of other junk.

9w4d, June, 16 2013
Missing My Angel baby
November 6th, 2013, 04:45 PM
inyourhonor's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ahh, okay. That makes sense.

It's amazing what people will say. And sadly, I've heard a lot of people feel that way

Killian Rivers born April 17th at 36 weeks

Killian's Birth Story
November 6th, 2013, 05:00 PM
emilyeeb's Avatar Veteran
Hoping for your family's sake, it is a quick strike and that the company/work place comes to a speedy agreement.

Thank you for my siggy Jaidynsmum!

November 6th, 2013, 06:01 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh that is some seriously sucky news I hope it doesnt last long

November 7th, 2013, 08:22 AM
Yeah I am trying not to stress, but I am not very good at that! Thanks all, we are hoping it is just a short one too. We did just find out that the company wants to start negotiations again tomorrow, so that is a plus.

9w4d, June, 16 2013
Missing My Angel baby
November 7th, 2013, 10:17 AM
girlsofsummer's Avatar Us two became we three <3
Such a lesson in not passing judgement because you don't know everyone's back story -- she should have kept her mouth shut. I do hope it's a short strike that things work out in your favor.

Last year, our county re-assessed our property tax rates. Some people, based on their home/land value, ended up paying more, some less. Back in the spring the lady who was doing our federal income tax returns pretty much told us that we weren't paying our fair share and that it was immoral because our house was re-assessed lower than hers was.

Please! As if we had anything to do with how they assessed my 110-year old house. I wanted to tell her to just do her job and don't complain to me how the system is inequitable.
November 7th, 2013, 01:14 PM
Omg, talk about rude!! Our taxes go up every year, it sucks!! People really just need better filters I think.
girlsofsummer likes this.

9w4d, June, 16 2013
Missing My Angel baby

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search