Sinus issuesssss

Forum: May 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By LUSHaye
  • 1 Post By lovemylittlemiss

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 6th, 2013, 04:46 PM
LUSHaye's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm over them.
There is just no break with this!

Two months of feeling exhausted and nauseous followed by sinus problems.
I'm hoping it's just because of the hormones and not an actual infection.
So far my nose mucus is still clear and that's a good sign. But this is getting annoying.

I mean REALLY? Come on body. Humans have been doing this for how many years and we still can't build up any sort of immunity to these ridiculous ailments? We are not evolving fast enough.

I wanted like five or six kids. But...this is quickly turning into a one and done experience.
I'll adopt the rest.

Has anyone tried any medicines (that are on the safe list) that have really WORKED?
All the stuff I would normally take, I'm not allowed to take!

I feel like I'm going to turn into that lady on What to Expect When You're Expecting when she freaked out at that baby convention.
November 6th, 2013, 06:11 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I loved this entire post! I am so with you.

None of this has been fun or exciting since the moment I peed on that stick lol I am so over being sick and feeling like crap. I dont wanna sound ungrateful but maybe I am. being sick for 3 months straight really is making me wonder why the heck I decided to do this

November 6th, 2013, 07:13 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yeah I have chronic sinus issues when I'm not pregnant and pregnancy just makes them so much worse. Honestly you just can't take any of the good meds while pregnant. Theoretically you can occasionally use the real Sudafed (behind the counter stuff) but you aren't supposed to use it very often so I just save it for special occasions Otherwise its plenty of saline rinses and just dealing with constant congestion/swelling.

November 7th, 2013, 04:50 AM
It really is hard to keep your spirits up when you're constantly being thrown a curveball, though. There are very few days when I feel awesome. Hopefully those start coming a little more frequently.

I was going to pick up some Sudafed so I could have it on hand in case this gets way too out of hand.

Progesterone is turning into my #1 foe. Jacking up my digestive track which already has problems...making my sinuses all messed up...
We need to be like the seahorses. Drop off the eggs, guy fertilizes, guy babysits.
girlsofsummer likes this.
November 7th, 2013, 10:25 AM
girlsofsummer's Avatar Us two became we three <3
GIRL, I wish I could do this entire post in caps because of how much I sympathize with you

It totally sucks. I am on the verge of my second, SECOND!! sinus infection. I can feel it brewing again.

My midwife said I can take Sudafed and do nasal rinses, and taking an OTC allergy drug (like Claritin) can sometimes help, too. I'm going to my chiropractor tomorrow -- hoping that will help, will report back. She asked if I had been to an ENT -- I guess I just can't think of what they would do right now that could help?

I just feel like it's going to be like this for months and months until after I stop BFing and can take something better
November 7th, 2013, 10:29 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by girlsofsummer View Post
GIRL, I wish I could do this entire post in caps because of how much I sympathize with you

It totally sucks. I am on the verge of my second, SECOND!! sinus infection. I can feel it brewing again.

My midwife said I can take Sudafed and do nasal rinses, and taking an OTC allergy drug (like Claritin) can sometimes help, too. I'm going to my chiropractor tomorrow -- hoping that will help, will report back. She asked if I had been to an ENT -- I guess I just can't think of what they would do right now that could help?

I just feel like it's going to be like this for months and months until after I stop BFing and can take something better
I'm so sorry I had a sinus infection (on and off) for most of my pregnancy with DS because they just couldn't give me the stronger antibiotics it would take to really kick it. It sucked! There are quite a few things you can take while b/f that will help though if that makes you feel any better!

November 7th, 2013, 01:24 PM
jmills1129's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ok, so i have horrible sinus issues and always tough it out, I use saline rinses, eat lots of fresh organic garlic, and take elderberry syrup to keep the immune system up. It seems like this year the kids are bringing home alot more yucky cold from school and it sucks

9w4d, June, 16 2013
Missing My Angel baby
November 7th, 2013, 01:52 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My sister swears by her neti pot and it's safe for pregnant women. Hope it clears up soon for you! fwiw you might be surprised at how fast you forget how crappy pregnancy can be...I sure did. lol The amnesia about it all must be mother nature's way of getting us to reproduce more. lol
girlsofsummer likes this.

November 7th, 2013, 02:48 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemylittlemiss View Post
fwiw you might be surprised at how fast you forget how crappy pregnancy can be...I sure did. lol The amnesia about it all must be mother nature's way of getting us to reproduce more. lol
Ah yes the pregnancy amnesia.....at least once a week I swear this pregnancy is ten times worse than my last and DH just laughs and tells me I must have forgotten the last one.

November 8th, 2013, 05:04 AM
It's looking like it's just hormones ruining my nasal breathing. So I guess that's better than a full blown infection. I really don't know how I would get through a sinus infection right now. The last time I had one, I refused to take antibiotics so I suffered for a month. It would just not go away! Worst macho idea I've ever had...so far.
But man...I really would like to finally enjoy pregnancy.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search