Im not digesting my food... TMI

Forum: May 2014 Playroom

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 7th, 2013, 06:19 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I eat lunch and hours later I am not able to eat dinner because I am still so full... Then I proceed to barf up lunch 5 hours after i ate it and its hardly looks digested. I havent been able to eat a real dinner since, I cant even remember when.

what is going on? I read digestion can slow but this seems really odd.

Edit- I wanted to add Im not eating a mountain of food. Today we had greek. I had a whole pita with hummus (so a fair amount of bread) and a chicken skewer. I picked at some cucumber w/feta and 2-3 glasses of water.

Last edited by Nel; November 7th, 2013 at 06:29 PM.
November 7th, 2013, 06:31 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I was the same way for a few weeks. Thankfully that has eased off! I found that eating tiny amounts of food pretty frequently and getting plenty of fiber helped a lot.

November 8th, 2013, 01:48 AM
bella88's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I drank a cup of hot milo one morning that I got reacquainted with a couple of hours later. I would have thought that would be well and truly gone, especially being liquid. Nope, mostly just getting all festy and gross in my tummy.

November 8th, 2013, 05:55 AM
LUSHaye's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh my. I'm actually not sure on that one.
When I started getting worried about my digestion I started taking colace for two or three days just to help keep things moving since it's kind of hard to pinpoint where a blockage might be without fancy equipment.
It helped out tremendously and I haven't needed it since. It was just some much needed help for an initial hurdle.
November 9th, 2013, 01:21 PM
bella88's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ok I got to feel your pain properly last night. Finished dinner around 7, took my thyroxine about 9 (has to be 2 hours after food or 30 mins before) and went to sleep. Woke up aboyt 10 feeling so sick and ended up going to throw up. Food was still pretty much exactly the same as when I would have eaten it 3 hours later but with time for the meds to break down and leak through everything. My throat, mouth and nose hurt so bad from the combo of throwing up solid food, the stomach acid and the slightly broken down medication. I may have cried if I didn't spend the next 15 mins blowing my extra aggravated nose. As if it wasn't playing up enough already!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search