Is anyone Team Green?

Forum: May 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By Onelove121
  • 1 Post By girlsofsummer
  • 3 Post By inyourhonor
  • 2 Post By girlsofsummer

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 8th, 2013, 08:39 AM
girlsofsummer's Avatar Us two became we three <3
Who else isn't finding out?!

Will you be getting any additional ultrasounds?

DH is adamant that if we don't need one for medical reasons, we don't have any more in case one of us accidentally sees something! I don't think I'm on board for that!
November 8th, 2013, 08:43 AM
Super Mommy
We are also Team Green!!!!

We will be getting another u/s at 20 weeks then I will do a 3d/4d as well to have a DVD =) I hope we don't catch any glimpses of anything!!! Half the time I can't even tell what I am looking at anyways lol
girlsofsummer likes this.
TTC#1 for 1 1/2 years~ DS, DJ (3) Conceived naturally using acupuncture and herbs
TTC #2 for 1 1/2 yrs~DH(3 mths on Clomid&Olive Leaf Extract)
Our 1st Clomid & TI cycle August 2013 -BFP on 9/08/13!!!!!!!!

November 8th, 2013, 08:51 AM
Yay! I'm glad there is someone else, Kristina! I need some tactics to talk DH into a 3D ultrasound
Onelove121 likes this.
November 8th, 2013, 08:52 AM
*CAMM*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Us!
We are having our anatomy scan but they will just shut the screen off when they do the lower body measurements so we wont see anything =) I dont plan on looking right away at the screen either ...just in case!

November 8th, 2013, 09:23 AM
inyourhonor's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm envious of you ladies! I would love to be team green but I don't have the patience haha, I'm a planner.

The anatomy scan I would still recommend. You can tell the tech that you aren't finding out the sex and would like it if they do what CAMM said, shut off the screen when they do that part.

I had to go back twice with my first because we thought there was an issue with his heart. He is fine thankfully.

Killian Rivers born April 17th at 36 weeks

Killian's Birth Story
November 8th, 2013, 09:29 AM
208mama's Avatar Veteran
Team green here.
Only reason I would want to find out is for a reveal party. LOL those look like so much fun. The Dr. writes down the gender and seals it in an envelope and you take it to the bakery. They bake a cake with the middle being either pink or blue and you and your friends and fam all find out at the same time. Sorry for the explanation if you already knew. I just found out about these yesterday and am a little envious of people who get to do them!

Also, I think I mentioned this in another post but it's sooo funny!!
We told my dr. we weren't finding out the gender and he asked, "Ever?!!!" He said he thinks we will need to know by the time it turns 8. Hehehee.

I am so excited to be surprised in L&D.

Tyler Jean:9 Jamisen Ryan: 6 Jaxyn Lily: 7

Izzy a he or Izzy a she - due 5/3/14
November 8th, 2013, 09:45 AM
I have had lots of friend do the gender reveal parties they are fun!

Ive had friends do the cake and Ive also had friends who gave the envelope to a family member who then filled a giant box full of either pink or blue balloons and then they open it in front of everyone =)

Another friend did an elaborate "scavenger hunt" and at the end it led to a treasure chest with the gender reveal inside =)

November 8th, 2013, 10:48 AM
Veteran
I am team green! We have always done it this way...a tradition for us! I am having an ultrasound around 20 weeks just the anatomy scan. I always tell them to tell us when to look away! And we don't want to know!

How can there be too many children? That is like saying there are too many flowers. ~ Blessed Mother Teresa
November 8th, 2013, 11:15 AM
Londons Butterfly's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Londons Butterfly Send a message via Yahoo to Londons Butterfly
I am most likely going to be going to my anatomy/gender scan alone. I plan on finding out but not telling anyone. I may do a reveal thing. But I'm thinking I'm just going to make it a surprise for everyone. But most likely I will tell everyone because I can't keep secrets and I can't not know lol.

Scarlett Diane

November 8th, 2013, 11:21 AM
MommaBean18's Avatar Gabe & Mason's Mommy
I'm finding out ASAP! I don't have the patience to wait and I like to buy gender specific clothes!

November 8th, 2013, 11:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaBean18 View Post
I'm finding out ASAP! I don't have the patience to wait and I like to buy gender specific clothes!
Oh I don't have patience, let's not confuse the two This is going to be an ever harder 5.5 more months!

Glad there are more of us Green Team. We need solidarity so we don't cave!
inyourhonor and Onelove121 like this.
November 8th, 2013, 12:49 PM
Since this is our last pregnancy I want it to be even more special and I think not knowing is going to keep up the excitement for the entire 9 months!

I was always excited to find out the gender with the other 2..and then afterwards it was like..well darn..now I pretty much know everything except what the baby looks like..but even then we already had a good guess from our 4d ultrasound.

I have boxes and boxes of like new brand name clothing for either gender...a crib..rocking chair..high chair..car seats...bouncy chair..jumparoo... I'm all planned out from my first 2 kids LOL. I can just relax this time and enjoy the suspense!

November 9th, 2013, 10:02 PM
anjewellove's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm team green. My family didn't think I could do it with #2 because I'm such a planner but it was so fun! 16 - 20 weeks is the hardest time but after that not knowing is easy peasy.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search