Anyone else going to cloth diaper?

Forum: May 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 9th, 2013, 03:36 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I did with my first kiddo and I really enjoyed it.

I used disposables when we were out of the house because I didnt like the idea of carrying a poop filled diaper around in a bag lol That and its easier to get baby to fit into the car seat with a disposable on. That being said I think he was in cloth at least 80% of the time and always at night.

I have been lurking around online reading about what cool new diapers have come out in the last 6 years. Anyone else going to try it out or do it again? What diapers do you think you are going to go with?

November 9th, 2013, 03:54 PM
inyourhonor's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We will be doing it 100% of the time again. I love it. I'm a pockets fan, but I'm considering doing prefolds and covers as well. However, I need to have pockets on hand in order for my husband to go along with it again haha.

I'm looking into getting a new wetbag for when we're out for the poop diapers. I lost my last one in the move, it wasn't with our old diapers.

Dirty Diaper Laundry | Smart cloth diaper information *and more* for smart parents. has TONS of great info and video reviews on the diapers out there today. Kim is in my November 08 PR and it's been fun watching her grow the blog AND learn so much from her in the process!
Londons Butterfly likes this.

Killian Rivers born April 17th at 36 weeks

Killian's Birth Story
November 9th, 2013, 04:37 PM
Londons Butterfly's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Londons Butterfly Send a message via Yahoo to Londons Butterfly
I use and make my own cloth diapers. Mostly hybrid fitteds because my kids get heat rash with PUL during hotter months. But I make fitteds and pockets sometimes too.
lovemylittlemiss likes this.

Scarlett Diane

November 9th, 2013, 04:53 PM
peace.love.audrey's Avatar Twins? Pinch me!
I prefer prefolds and covers so we'll use those a majority of the time. We have pockets too for outings and my DH likes them for when he is on diaper duty.

I already have about 36 prefolds and 6 covers but I need to stock up on some smaller prefolds and more covers. CDing twins is going to be crazy but I'm up for the challenge.
Nel likes this.

8.27.10 1.30.11 3.18.13
Don't believe in God? You're not alone!
November 9th, 2013, 05:35 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I used a mix of everything the first time and ended with using only fitteds. Im going to start with them again I think. I really like what I have read about these GMD workhorses, the price is so good too.

My city has a diaper service and I was tempted to go with them but for $100 a month I would way rather buy these diapers and wash them my self. I just need to find covers that I like. I had started into wool right before my kiddo started potty training but washing them properly seemed difficult, maybe I was doing it wrong lol

November 9th, 2013, 06:07 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I am cloth diapering my son he is 14 months we are using pockets. I didn't start cloth diapering till he was six months so I need to find a solution for cloth diapering two at a time and something that will work till the new baby fits in the one size pocket diapers I have which will probably be around four months.

November 9th, 2013, 06:18 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda View Post
I am cloth diapering my son he is 14 months we are using pockets. I didn't start cloth diapering till he was six months so I need to find a solution for cloth diapering two at a time and something that will work till the new baby fits in the one size pocket diapers I have which will probably be around four months.

Its sucks that those "one size" dont really fit till they are almost big enough for a medium diaper lol

November 9th, 2013, 06:23 PM
*CAMM*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I did with my son. Tried to with my daughter but was taking pre reqs for nursing and then in nursing school so I didnt have the extra time.

I might cloth diaper this baby. I prefer prefolds for newborns and then I move to pocket diapers like Bum Genius.

November 9th, 2013, 06:29 PM
acmd03's Avatar Lincoln's Mommy
I use cloth part time, since hubby isn't into dealing with it and I'd rather have his help with changing I found with the first one that I really like the Bum Genius covers with inserts. They fit him well and were easiest for me to use and wash. I thought the prefolds were way too bulky, although I use them in a pinch. I made some inserts and will probably make more, but I really want to invest in a few more covers this time. I think I'll use them more often if I don't have to wash as frequently!

November 9th, 2013, 06:37 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'd like to but DH isn't on board and I want the help with diaper duty Since I handle all the feeding initially (nursing) he does a lot of diapers.

November 9th, 2013, 09:48 PM
anjewellove's Avatar Super Mommy
We cloth diapered 100% with our last baby and will this baby too. DH is so on board he does all the diaper laundry!
lovemylittlemiss likes this.
November 9th, 2013, 10:00 PM
Andrea1122's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Location: California, Thank you military for sending us back home
I have been cloth diapering since baby #2 was 15months old. But I think I'm done. I just can't keep up with the laundry as it is, and it is a bit more work the disposables, and with this being baby #4 I don't think I can handle it. I'm still thinking about it though, so we will see..

November 10th, 2013, 04:22 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We did cloth with DD until she potty trained at 18 months (another great perk with cloth: kids usually potty train earlier). We def. plan on doing it again. We did use disposables the first month or so until she fit into our one size diapers (I think she was about 10lbs 10oz at 5 weeks) and we also would use disposables if we were out for 8 or more hours at a time. We will likely re-use most of her diapers (even though there are some girl prints and I think we are having a boy lol). We had some fitteds from a German company called Popolino and Alva baby dipes. Hated the Popolino, loved the Alva Baby. If we buy more diapers they will be mostly Alvas. There is such a wider selection for cloth in America. American brands can be found here but they are very expensive. Alva is great because they are cheap and shipping is free. Can't say enough good things about them.

DH is all about using cloth and wouldn't have it any other way. He was cloth diapered as well and just loves all the money it saves us. lol He did most of the changes (when he was home) and most of the laundry.

Last edited by lovemylittlemiss; November 10th, 2013 at 04:25 AM.
November 10th, 2013, 04:27 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nel View Post
I used a mix of everything the first time and ended with using only fitteds. Im going to start with them again I think. I really like what I have read about these GMD workhorses, the price is so good too.

My city has a diaper service and I was tempted to go with them but for $100 a month I would way rather buy these diapers and wash them my self. I just need to find covers that I like. I had started into wool right before my kiddo started potty training but washing them properly seemed difficult, maybe I was doing it wrong lol
I have 4 Flip covers that I love! Would recommend them! I used them with flats sometimes. I stopped using them as much when she went on solids because I thought it a lot easier to scrape the poo off of an OS diaper.

November 10th, 2013, 06:47 AM
Veteran
I am going to cloth diaper too. Im glad Im not the only one.. This is my first baby.

November 10th, 2013, 08:18 AM
*CAMM*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm lucky that no one minds using cloth diapers in my family. Even my dad changed my sons diapers and thought the cloth diapers were pretty neat lol.

November 10th, 2013, 09:29 AM
Tree_Love's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We are gDiaper users. They are a hybrid diaper, so we use cloth at home and the flushable/throw away/compostable inserts when we are out or travelling. And they work for travelling, I just lived on the road for 6 months and used them until he outgrew them in the last 6 weeks of it. They have a newborn diaper that is awesome!

We CD'd DS from birth until just a couple months ago when he outgrew the aize I was sure he would potty train in... So I am building a stash of the next size up right now. Probably be back at it in a week! I saved all of his previous sizes in hopes of more babies so I am beyond set. I have a bit if an obsession and over 100 dipes counting all my sizes (4).

Elan Dakota 7/28/2012
Paxx Tarlow & Sage Finley 10/20/2012
Rhys Caelan 5/3/2013

November 11th, 2013, 04:08 AM
Cheet_oh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I CD with Ava for about a year, then the evil yeast monster attacked. I tried again with Aria, and the yeast monsters attacked again. I'm seriously considering CDing this baby. I have to polish up on my CD knowledge. I prefer pockets.

(Angela - 37) (Doug - 32)

(Steven - 20) (Sebastian - 18) (Mina - 13) (Ava - 4) (Aria - 1)

November 11th, 2013, 06:02 PM
TTC # 5
I am if I can figure it out, I have 4 other children and have never clothed diapered. So with this lil one I definitely want to try and have already started my supply.

Thank you Leanne78 for my beautiful siggy!
November 12th, 2013, 06:40 AM
mkljmom's Avatar Super Mommy
I will not be cloth diapering unless there is a gun held to me head!

I really admire those who do, my gf did it and it looked/sounded like such a hassle!
Mommy to Max 9/21/99, Lucy 8/9/05, Kirby 7/18/07, Jaycie 2/11/09, and expecting baby #5 5/6/14

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search