what have you bought?

Forum: May 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By BB2014
  • 2 Post By Panda

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 10th, 2013, 05:59 AM
BB2014's Avatar Super Mommy
so far for the baby?

I am itching to buy things but I saved all of big items from DS- like stroller, crib, glider chair, blankets...and so much more

any ladies buying little things here or there?

I'm thinking about starting a diaper stock now. With DS I went on craigslist every morning and got a cabinet full of diapers and baby food off of the free section.
Nel likes this.

November 10th, 2013, 06:26 AM
RedSoxFan84's Avatar Veteran
So far we've bought a bunch of onesies, some receiving blankets, hats, and wash cloths. We will be starting to buy diapers very soon. We try to buy something every week, even if it's something small.

Thanks Vicki... for my beautiful siggy!
November 10th, 2013, 06:37 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Not yet. I don' t typically buy much until around 30 weeks. This time it will probably be after Christmas because from now till January we will be so busy with the holidays.

November 10th, 2013, 07:02 AM
LUSHaye's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Absolutely nothing. I'm thinking I'll be getting a fair bit of stuff from my showers, which is nice. I just wish they were happening a little sooner than April. I don't want to feel rushed in getting any last minute stuff.
That is a pretty good idea from BB though. I'm on Craigslist pretty frequently looking for random stuff (and new places to move to) anyways, so that should be part of my routine searches.
November 10th, 2013, 07:51 AM
peace.love.audrey's Avatar Twins? Pinch me!
I did buy 2 Ergos before I even knew I was having twins. I couldn't decide what color I wanted so I bought both and only spent $140. But I ended up having to pick them up from the post office and they are still sitting in the back of my CRV. I am too superstitious to bring them in the house until I am further along.

Long story short, I bought those Ergos but will not be buying anything else until 24 weeks. I keep running in to great deals on stuff but I have to hold back cause I'm worried I will jinx myself.

8.27.10 1.30.11 3.18.13
Don't believe in God? You're not alone!
November 10th, 2013, 08:08 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I am dying to buy stuff but have somehow managed to hold back! So far we just have 3 onesies from Carter's (they're boy onesies...I would use them for a girl too though) and some gender neutral swaddle blankets. Yesterday we were at H&M and I wanted to buy baby clothes sooo bad. Last time I didn't buy anything till 20 weeks and made big purchases after 24 but now I'm thinking I will just start buying after we (hopefully) find out the gender on Nov. 29th.

Last edited by lovemylittlemiss; November 10th, 2013 at 08:10 AM.
November 10th, 2013, 08:36 AM
inyourhonor's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Nothing. I wont be buying anything until probably March

Killian Rivers born April 17th at 36 weeks

Killian's Birth Story
November 10th, 2013, 10:33 AM
Tree_Love's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I bought a onesie cause it had an alpaca on it... And we love alpacas. But that's it. We saved a lot from DS so I don't need to buy much. I also want to wait until 24weeks. But probably after I find out gender I will be too excited to not buy stuff.

Elan Dakota 7/28/2012
Paxx Tarlow & Sage Finley 10/20/2012
Rhys Caelan 5/3/2013

November 10th, 2013, 12:14 PM
bella88's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Most of the stuff I have bought but some I have acquired. I have a cot, mattress, bedding, mosquito net, car seat, change table/bath, a box of newborn nappies, some onesies and singlets. We are recarpeting and painting before we set anything up though. Carpet is bought and ready to go but not the paint yet, that was DH's idea after we already bought the carpet lol.

November 10th, 2013, 12:57 PM
Decemberhill's Avatar Nicole
I have been watching Black Friday ads for large things. I have bought a few outfits and some swaddling blankets...but that's it.

Mom to Ava (8) and Layla (6). Bennett Scott due May 19, 2014!
November 10th, 2013, 03:40 PM
Masesmama's Avatar Veteran
I haven't bought anything. I'm too afraid because two friends of mine have had losses around 19 weeks in the last year. Ugh, wish I were more excited. We haven't even talked about the fact that we will HAVE another baby. It's still not real yet.

Expecting Baby Boy #2!

Due May 12, 2014!

November 10th, 2013, 07:11 PM
ToMuchElmo's Avatar Veteran
This is my 5th, all the equipment and clothes have been handed back and forth from me to my sister and back, so I'm all set. I'd love to baby shop, but it's financially rediculous for me to do so. I look forward to buying a bring home outfit next march/april I guess
November 10th, 2013, 07:19 PM
ashleyjo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I bought four muslin swaddle blankets @tjmaxx

November 10th, 2013, 07:26 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Nothing yet we have been soooo busy hubby just came home after 5 months away and we moved states and just found out he is going to deploy before thanks giving once all the dust settles life will slow down and I can enjoy this pregnancy!! I have crocheted this baby a blanket I am 2/3 of the way done with it
Lyndsey2013 and isac16 like this.

November 10th, 2013, 07:31 PM
Kellylovesricky's Avatar & Mikey & Isabella
I've been buying diapers, but nothing else so far!

November 10th, 2013, 08:19 PM
Lyndsey2013's Avatar Mom to 2 + 3
I haven't bought a thing, but have a 10 month old I bought most of the stuff for. Hopefully this baby is a girl because 1) we can only agree on a girl name 2) we already have all girl stuff 3) I would have to buy a bunch of boy stuff if we end up having a boy.

I'm feeling girl and hopeful that I'm right. Unfortunately I have to reschedule my ultrasound because I'm taking classes and one was rescheduled for when I have my ultrasound, and I am not allowed to miss or I'll fail! UGH!

Gabriel Tomás, 4/29/14

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search