My mom said I'm barely showing @ 16 wks, your thoughts?

Forum: May 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 27th, 2013, 03:41 PM
Veteran
She said at 4 months she was showing a lot more with my older sister and me, and it's because I'm having a boy. People keep telling me i'm so small.

November 27th, 2013, 03:47 PM
inyourhonor's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think you're showing just fine. Tell your mom every woman carries differently, it's not straight forward by the book.
Onelove121 and MommaBean18 like this.

Killian Rivers born April 17th at 36 weeks

Killian's Birth Story
November 27th, 2013, 03:52 PM
*CAMM*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
everyone carries differently. I wouldnt worry about it or think you are carrying one gender vs another based on how much you are showing at the moment.

November 27th, 2013, 04:47 PM
Kellylovesricky's Avatar & Mikey & Isabella
I wasn't showing at 20 weeks with my son at all. I think it just depends on the person your bump looks great!

November 27th, 2013, 04:52 PM
Super Mommy
I'm not showing at all at almost 16 weeks. As in, still wearing the same pants and sleeping on my stomach. Personally I think you look great!
November 27th, 2013, 04:58 PM
Super Mommy
They don't know what they are talking about!!!! ; ) lol ITA with the other girls. U look ADORBS!!!!
TTC#1 for 1 1/2 years~ DS, DJ (3) Conceived naturally using acupuncture and herbs
TTC #2 for 1 1/2 yrs~DH(3 mths on Clomid&Olive Leaf Extract)
Our 1st Clomid & TI cycle August 2013 -BFP on 9/08/13!!!!!!!!

November 27th, 2013, 05:48 PM
Veteran
aww thank you! just looking to see how I compare to others who are around my time. I wish more would post bump pics.
November 27th, 2013, 05:57 PM
inyourhonor's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would but I'm still flub haha. I notice a difference but nobody else would.

Killian Rivers born April 17th at 36 weeks

Killian's Birth Story
November 27th, 2013, 07:38 PM
Veteran
I agree I think you have a cute little bump! I didnt start showing with my first until 23 weeks, and now with this one at 13 weeks I was as big as I was with my first at 23weeks. every pregnancy is different
November 27th, 2013, 08:45 PM
Londons Butterfly's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Londons Butterfly Send a message via Yahoo to Londons Butterfly
I'm just over 14 weeks now. I started showing around 16 last time instead of it being fat it was actual baby lol. I look pregnant now but that's because I carry all my weight in my belly and I have a lot of that left over from my last three pregnancies.

You look great.

Scarlett Diane

November 27th, 2013, 09:41 PM
mommy2b43's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
fwiw I'm having my 3rd baby. This is the *first* baby I've gained weight with in the first trimester. I've probably gained like 8 lbs total and it's my first boy pregnancy. Guess what? I don't look any different than with my girls! I gain all over no matter what. I am just starting to maybe look like I might be pregnant in certain outfits. If I have anything slightly loose on- nope do not look pregnant. It's just how I carry my babies I guess...some people get the little belly right away...I get no bump and to be honest- your "bump" is more defined/bigger than my fat lol

(oh and I'm 18 1/2 weeks and I started out pretty thin at 127 lbs 5'5"- so you'd think I'd get a freaking bump this time around but yeah no lol)
November 28th, 2013, 12:17 AM
anhoyle's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think you look great! Everyone carries differently. In my other nov 12 pr there were 2 moms that you couldn't even tell they were pregnant. They barely had a bump at 9 months. Others look like they are carrying a basketball. Don't worry hun. I'm showing about the same as you and this is #2 for me.

[/url

November 28th, 2013, 12:58 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I didn't have a bump like that till I was 20 weeks with DD but I made up for it as soon as I started to show! I eventually got pretty big because I have a short torso. This time around my bump is about 4-5 weeks bigger than it was last time...if that makes any sense. lol

November 28th, 2013, 05:51 AM
Veteran
You looks adorable!

November 28th, 2013, 06:33 AM
ToMuchElmo's Avatar Veteran
They actually have that show 'I didn't know I was pregnant', those are women that never show! Your showing fine, not to worry!!
anjewellove likes this.
November 28th, 2013, 01:10 PM
MommaBean18's Avatar Gabe & Mason's Mommy
I see your little bump! Too cute! If you're mom's still saying it at 8 months, I'd be more worried and maybe go get her eyesight checked haha

November 28th, 2013, 02:49 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Your bump looks like mine did with my first! Now with my second my uterus is all stretch and not as firm and well here it is lol!

November 28th, 2013, 07:03 PM
I think you look adorable. I get the same thing and just shrug it off, who's to say what you are supposed to look like at any stage of pregnancy? We're all built different and show it differently
November 28th, 2013, 08:17 PM
Mega Super Mommy
same as mine did with my first. I had to force it out to see anything. This one everyone is surprised im not way further along lol

November 28th, 2013, 08:38 PM
Super Mommy
Your bump is super cute!

Being overweight, I don't really have a bump yet. It's more like baby is pushing my fat up higher. Although one benefit, people tell me they think I'm losing weight. I have lost some.....but I think it's cuz my fat gut has moved up lol.
anjewellove likes this.

Lucas Xavier is here! Born 4/24/2014 at 10:47pm
7 pounds 6 ounces
20.5 inches long

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search