Our gender reveal for our families

Forum: May 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By sarav

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 30th, 2013, 09:57 PM
Super Mommy
This is our first child. We were planning on a cake reveal, but then I got really sick. So here's what happened...

DH tortured his family by drawing out the reveal until after the Thanksgiving meal. I wasn't able to go since I was sick. So DH called me when he was ready to tell. His mother, father and brother were all chanting and yelling....so excited to find out. I was shocked by their excitement. Once I announced boy, there was a lot of noise. Being on speakerphone, I couldn't distinctly hear everyone's reaction....it was just a lot of noise and cheering.

My family found out via Skype. We shared our screen so they could watch the ultrasound to find out. They were hoping for a girl (this is their 2nd grandchild and my brother has a boy), and let's just say their reaction to our baby being a boy left me wanting a little more excitement. I mean, they are happy, but I really thought my family would make a bigger deal out of it than DH's family. Perhaps if I could have been well enough to be in person, it would have been better. Kinda left me a little bummed.
anjewellove likes this.

Lucas Xavier is here! Born 4/24/2014 at 10:47pm
7 pounds 6 ounces
20.5 inches long

December 1st, 2013, 01:33 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Sorry it left you bummed I think my family is probably hoping for a boy because so far my grandma has 3 great granddaughters (including DD) and 0 great grandsons...the previous generation (the one I'm in) was mostly boys. DH's family just has DD so I'm sure they want a boy too.

I hope they come around and are excited when you see them in person!

December 1st, 2013, 03:19 AM
Mega Super Mommy
My son is the first and only grand baby/ great grand baby on either side with him we found out the gender and everyone was excited! This time people keep saying "hoping for a girl?!?" While yes I would love a baby girl but would also love another sweet baby boy since they will be only 21 months apart! We are not finding out the gender of this one since my hubby is deployed and should make it home for the birth but not any ultrasounds. I'm kinda relieved for that reason I think it is a lot harder to be disappointed (for the extended family) if they see a beautiful baby instead of an idea. (Idea being it's a boy it's a girl ect because it's not real yet) honestly I would be super pissed if my family wasn't excited about whatever gender baby I have sorry Hun

December 1st, 2013, 08:00 AM
girlsofsummer's Avatar Expecting baby #1
Aw sorry that your family didn't give the reaction you were hoping for.

I'm sure that once baby is here, they'll be so thrilled and in love! Don't let it get you down!
December 1st, 2013, 10:23 PM
MommaBean18's Avatar Gabe & Mason's Mommy
That's a bummer about your family. I'm sure they'll turn around and be super excited in the next day or so. At least your Husband's family had enough excitement for everyone!

December 2nd, 2013, 04:05 AM
Decemberhill's Avatar Nicole
I'm sorry it didn't go as planned. But I agree, your family will be super excited. Sometimes it just takes big news like this...time to sink in before you get the real reactions!

Mom to Ava (8) and Layla (6). Bennett Scott due May 19, 2014!
December 2nd, 2013, 04:30 AM
mkljmom's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm sorry they aren't more excited. For what it is worth, this is DH's first boy and the first boy in our family for 14 years. We are thrilled, but everyone is kinda driving us nuts because they are toooooo excited lol
Mommy to Max 9/21/99, Lucy 8/9/05, Kirby 7/18/07, Jaycie 2/11/09, and expecting baby #5 5/6/14
December 2nd, 2013, 06:14 AM
dindin's Avatar Veteran
Boo I am sorry they did't react as hoped, but I am sure once the baby is here, they will be thrilled.

1/12 3/13
December 2nd, 2013, 07:37 AM
Veteran
Im sorry you didnt get the reveal and reaction you wanted, but they will be more excited when the baby comes.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search