Crazy aversion to meat

Forum: May 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mkljmom

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 1st, 2013, 05:45 PM
Super Mommy
Alright...I'm finally going to admit it. I have had the most brutal time eating meat this entire pregnancy. First trimester I just chalked it up to nausea but it's still there! I've had a hard time much at all but the meat thing is crazy! I know that if I can't get it figured out the doctor will probably have to put me on iron supplements which is nasty but even being in the same room while dinner is cooking will almost make me throw up. Any meat is bad but sometimes I can tolerate some kind of chicken. Therefore....I just can't eat it.....

I have a dr appointment dec 9 so I'll have to tell him it's not getting any better.

Is anyone else developed a severe hatred for a certain kind of food? I have no cravings, just food dislikes lol.

December 1st, 2013, 06:35 PM
Mega Super Mommy
In the first trimester I probably ate meat 2x a week. Not really an aversion but I'm just not a huge meat eater in general and when DH travels a lot (which he has been) DS and I usually don't really eat meat at all. I just take an iron supplement daily and eat a variety of other iron rich foods and it hasn't been an issue. My iron levels are always fine

December 1st, 2013, 07:42 PM
Just keep breathing.
I'm just starting to get back into eating meat in the last week or so. It's a lot better if I don't cook it. I mean, if I buy it cooked like rotisserie chicken or takeout.
December 1st, 2013, 08:13 PM
mommy2b43's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have to eat meat but I have an aversion to pretty much everything lol not meat so much thankfully but a lot of food. I just kind of find things I can tolerate and I eat that. It's not fun for sure. And, I cannot handle/cook anything meat related. I can only eat if it's been prepared outside the house or if dh makes me something (but he can't cook meat in the house either bc I can't stand the smell/thought of it cooking). I always wonder what I'm going to eat next time I get pregnant because the aversions seem to get stronger and worse every time. And, right now I'm not really enjoying food even though I feel like I'm starving a lot of the time. And, if I wait too long to eat the nausea is just....unbearable.
December 1st, 2013, 08:19 PM
inyourhonor's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have a friend who is 30 weeks along and she's the same. She's had to go meat free this pregnancy because it's made her so sick.

Killian Rivers born April 17th at 36 weeks

Killian's Birth Story
December 1st, 2013, 10:58 PM
Londons Butterfly's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Londons Butterfly Send a message via Yahoo to Londons Butterfly
My best friend had the meat aversion during her pregnancy. She couldn't cook it either. Sometimes she could eat it if she had nothing to do with prepping it. But mostly it made her violently ill throughout her whole pregnancy. Her daughter is two and a half and she still can't eat much meat like before her pregnancy.

Scarlett Diane

December 2nd, 2013, 12:41 AM
bella88's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've beeb pretty off meat myself. Chicken has been the worst for me. I can eat tuna quite happily and could eat that every day but apart from that I could go without meat entirely.

December 2nd, 2013, 01:50 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I haven't had aversions this go around but with my first I couldn't stomach any kind of dairy for at least the 1st trimester...it all tasted rancid even though it wasn't! It did go away though and I started eating copious amounts of cheese Also with my first I couldn't handle seeing or touching raw meat, although I could eat cooked meat; this time it's not as bad but in the first trimester it was kind of gross (didn't have me gagging though).

December 2nd, 2013, 04:54 AM
mkljmom's Avatar Super Mommy
One of my tip-offs that I was pregnant this time was that I couldn't eat chicken and usually can't the entire pregnancy. This has been the case for me for all of them. It tastes so different and even smells different. Actually, thinking about it makes me want to barf.
bella88 likes this.
Mommy to Max 9/21/99, Lucy 8/9/05, Kirby 7/18/07, Jaycie 2/11/09, and expecting baby #5 5/6/14
December 2nd, 2013, 06:47 AM
Veteran
I have been having problems with meat, too. I can't handle raw animal protein, be it meat or fish. As far as eating goes I can't do eggs and can only stomach a little meat. We are big meat and potato people, so it's been hard for me to get use to. I load up my plate with veggies. For a while I couldn't handle most veggies either. Everything I had been eating absolutely turned me off.

I wouldn't say I have any cravings either, really. Every few days I change what I want to eat, but it doesn't seem much different than before pregnancy. It is like normal, so I don't consider myself to have cravings, just some severe aversions.
December 2nd, 2013, 09:11 AM
Veteran
I have been the same way my entire pregnancy. I didn't have this issue with my son though. It seems to be getting better. I love tuna though and could eat it all the time.
December 3rd, 2013, 06:29 PM
Regular
I ad the exact same thing my last pregnancy. I hated meat especially red meat. I did end up with an iron deficiency. I've heard this can be a sign you are having a girl (I did end up having a girl). Do you know what you are having? This time I seem to be hating veggies maybe it's a boy this time . Too bad I can't dislike chocolate or something I'm not suppose to eat.
December 3rd, 2013, 07:00 PM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by jemag View Post
I ad the exact same thing my last pregnancy. I hated meat especially red meat. I did end up with an iron deficiency. I've heard this can be a sign you are having a girl (I did end up having a girl). Do you know what you are having? This time I seem to be hating veggies maybe it's a boy this time . Too bad I can't dislike chocolate or something I'm not suppose to eat.

I had a girl last time around. I didn't have problems eating anything but LOVED sweet stuff!!! My favorite was smartie blizzards at dairy queen.

I don't know what I'm having this time (yet) but I despise almost all food especially meat and sweet stuff. Weird.....Salt is in this time!!!

I'm curious to see what I'm having this time.

December 4th, 2013, 12:04 AM
bella88's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Salt has been a biiiiig craving for me (I buy beef oxo stock cubes to use in cooking and I'd be lying if I said I haven't eaten one or two over the last few months by themselves ) and I'm having a boy .

December 4th, 2013, 12:59 AM
Cheet_oh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Huge fan of seafood. Bought shrimp scampi, which I love. First bite, I was nauseous, could not eat it. Plain shrimp is fine, crab cakes and lobster cakes are fine, no scampi!!!

(Angela - 37) (Doug - 32)

(Steven - 20) (Sebastian - 18) (Mina - 13) (Ava - 4) (Aria - 1)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search