What is your clean right now?

Forum: May 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By mkljmom
  • 3 Post By inyourhonor

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 2nd, 2013, 09:10 PM
mommy2b43's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well, my clean is pretty clean- I vacuum the downstairs daily (multiple times) and keep everything pretty tidy if somewhat cluttered (I'm a bit of a hoarder and dh is an excessive hoarder so it drives me crazy). But, right now I just don't know when my house is going to be clean again. I always feel an intense urge to move and start over while I'm pregnant lol. I have been living out of laundry baskets for months (one of my hugest obstacles has always been laundry and I'd finally overcome it!! Gah!). I'm mostly satisfied if you can see the floors and the dishes are done....lately not even the former has been true because we have bins of this, that and the other stacked everywhere and laundry baskets everywhere. It's amazing how quickly things go to heck when you do nothing but feel sick for 4 months!!!!
December 3rd, 2013, 07:05 AM
Just keep breathing.
I like things clean. Mostly its stress control- clutter really stresses me out. I vaccuum about every other day, pick up the living room and strive to have a clean kitchen each night (don't always succeed 100%, but countertops are wiped, sink isn't overflowing if it does have a few things in it, etc.)

DH is kind of a minimalist with stuff. I like more, but try to keep things only if they are really useful. We've always lived in city apartments and space is at a premium.
December 3rd, 2013, 07:23 AM
mkljmom's Avatar Super Mommy
Things around here are messy but not dirty. I do multiple loads of laundry and dishes a day and try and hit the bathrooms a few times a week. DH does the floors on the weekends. I'm still so exhausted and we are constantly on the go, so that is about the extent of my cleaning rotuine for now.
ToMuchElmo likes this.
Mommy to Max 9/21/99, Lucy 8/9/05, Kirby 7/18/07, Jaycie 2/11/09, and expecting baby #5 5/6/14
December 3rd, 2013, 08:15 AM
inyourhonor's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My house is child dirty, such as spewed clothing they decided they no longer wanted to wear. Toys everywhere even after multiple times of asking to PUT IT AWAY. Christmas stuff that I need to finish putting out.

My kitchen is a mess, I have tons of laundry to do but the motivation is just not there.

Killian Rivers born April 17th at 36 weeks

Killian's Birth Story
December 3rd, 2013, 08:18 AM
Mega Super Mommy
It's pretty decent around here at the mo but that is due in a large part to the fact that DH helps out with the cleaning/laundry. I can't stand things dirty but cluttered doesn't bother me as much as it does him...except the kitchen. I need the kitchen clean/organized for when I cook or it drives me crazy. Also the bathrooms...I need to clean those 2x a week or I go nuts. Since we don't have too many visitors and only 1 child it doesn't get too dirty/messy around here, except for the toys scattered around. It could def. be cleaner but it's pretty good for my standards

December 3rd, 2013, 10:22 AM
Super Mommy
My house is messy. DH has a stack of dishes waiting for him in the sink (he does the dishes cuz I cannot stand the smell of sponges, not to mention my gag reflex is so sensitive). I was the bathroom cleaner before, but now with being pregnant, our bathrooms are not ventilated enough for me to clean, not to mention bending over to scrub is not happening.

I have been thinking about hiring a cleaning crew to do a really thorough cleaning of our house before Christmas. I think I am beginning to nest because even the site of our white/gray grout makes me want to sit on the floor with a toothbrush to get every spot of dirt out.

Plus, being sick for the past few weeks means my clean laundry is not folded and is PILED up in baskets and on my dresser. My side of the room looks like a disaster. I can't stand it, but I am not trying to clean until this illness is gone. There is no way I am chancing making my lungs worse with kicking up any dust right now.

Lucas Xavier is here! Born 4/24/2014 at 10:47pm
7 pounds 6 ounces
20.5 inches long

December 3rd, 2013, 11:00 AM
Kellylovesricky's Avatar & Mikey & Isabella
My house was spotless for thanksgiving.., now it looks like a tornado went through my living room. I have no motivation to do anything about it. I want to...I just don't lol

December 3rd, 2013, 11:01 AM
Andrea1122's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Location: California, Thank you military for sending us back home
My house is pretty clean to most but to me it feels messy. I have to have a clean kitchen always or I go nuts. My kids rooms have toys laying around and the playroom has a few too. My floors need to be mopped and its bathroom cleaning day, bugs overall my house is clean. I do have about 5 loads of laundry to put away, that is the area I struggle with most!

December 3rd, 2013, 02:00 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I feel way too busy, sick and tired during the week to clean. We have gotten into the routine of cleaning everything top to bottom and doing all the laundry every Sunday. We start with a clean house Monday and by Sunday we start over again. DH does dishes during the week and we tidy the kitchen but thats about it for daily cleaning.

December 3rd, 2013, 02:28 PM
jmills1129's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My house is lived in, there are toys here and there, but I vacuum multiple times a week, and hubby just got me a steam mop, so I mop a lot more than I used to!! Other than that I deep clean on the weekends, where i go through the bathrooms, and a good clean on the kitchen counters.

9w4d, June, 16 2013
Missing My Angel baby
December 3rd, 2013, 05:28 PM
LUSHaye's Avatar Super Mommy
Well...my clean would be cleaner if I didn't feel like I was constantly battling a walking mess. We'll see what happens when it's time to start working on the nursery though. Trying to give people a chance to move their messes out of my way.
December 3rd, 2013, 07:36 PM
mommy2b43's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm just so ready to have things back to a manageable level. We did a lot of cleaning on Sunday so the main level is okay- all the bathrooms need a thorough cleaning and the kids rooms are just disasters. I did like four loads of laundry last night but most of it was clothes my girls have outgrown. I was a little sad putting away the baby girl clothes last night- having a boy will be fun but it's sad to think I may never reuse those clothes again :/
December 3rd, 2013, 07:45 PM
ToMuchElmo's Avatar Veteran
My house is a mess, but not dirty. I get really stressed out with dirty. I have laundry that needs to be put away and toys all over the floor (I am so over bending over to pick them up). Used to throw them in a trash bag when my kids wouldn't pick them up, but now I don't even want to bother. DH is supposed to do dishes when he is home (every other week during the week), but he forgets, so it's up to me.
December 4th, 2013, 05:15 AM
inyourhonor's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My MIL is babysitting my 3 year old for me today while I go to my OB appointment. She asked for something to do and she loves to do laundry. So I have my dining table filled with clean clothes. It may sound bad, but she got mad at me once for not having diaper laundry for her haha. So when she babysits, we leave her something to occupy her. It helps us and she for some reason loves it.

Killian Rivers born April 17th at 36 weeks

Killian's Birth Story
December 4th, 2013, 10:33 AM
anjewellove's Avatar Super Mommy
Yes. I'm a foster parent and have a lot of people coming in & out all the time. Search & Serve, counseling for the older foster son, EIP, a nurse comes once a week, Social workers make impromptu visits every now and again too. So I keep my house tidy. There are toys on the floor in the living room because the kids are playing but everything else is clean. Don't look in my closet though.....

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search