OB appt today *Update in OP*

Forum: May 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree7Likes
  • 6 Post By inyourhonor
  • 1 Post By girlsofsummer

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 4th, 2013, 05:17 AM
inyourhonor's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It's the first of two glucose tests that I know I have to do. If I fail this one, I don't know if they'll make me take the 3 hour. I'm hoping I don't fail though!

At least I get to hopefully hear the heartbeat (as its supposed to be a regular appointment as well) AND I finally get to schedule my scan!

Only sucky part is I'm scheduling it, I'm not having it today haha.

I just got home from my appointment. Went back, did the usual weight and everything. I only gained a pound from my last appt 4 weeks ago.

The nurse took my blood pressure and I don't know if any of you remember, I had 2 high readings at my last appointment which lead me to having to do the 24 hour urine collection. Now that I think of it, I never got my results back. But, my bp was normal this time! Which was the one thing I was most concerned about.

So on that happy note, I was relaxed. The nurse came in to give me my lovely glucose drink. I chose the orange, it was easier for me to get down with my oldest, I figured I'd go for it again. OB came in, everything is fine with me, no real updates on that. Then we got to hear the heartbeat, again it sounded great. Again, I forgot to ask the number.

He set me up to get my scan done in 2 weeks! Less than actually. So on Dec 16th, we get to find out what we're having! I'm so happy it worked out to being done before Christmas. I really like this OB office because they do everything their themselves. I don't have to go to any other labs for blood work, or even my ultrasound. It's all done there.

So I went out, made my ultrasound appointment, made my next ob appointment for Jan 2nd and then waiting out the rest of the hour in the lobby. At 11:59 I was called back, blood drawn at 12:02 and I left I should have my glucose results within the next day or two.

I'm just excited that our scan is soon. It's crazy to think a good portion of us know and we're all at the point of finding out!

Killian Rivers born April 17th at 36 weeks

Killian's Birth Story

Last edited by inyourhonor; December 4th, 2013 at 10:07 AM.
December 4th, 2013, 05:43 AM
Veteran
Good luck, I tried to take an early glucose test and I could drink it.. it was to early in the morning for sweet stuff.. but because my A1C was normal she said that it was ok but I have to do it a little further along.. YUCK.. I had my gender scan planned a few weeks ago.. but we are getting an early one done by my dr because DFIL is coming up for Christmas and I wanted to do a reveal Christmas eve at my family house with there.. but GOOD LUCK again!

Thank You *Kiliki* For My Siggy

Cassie Engaged To Mathew & Mommy To MiKaylah

December 4th, 2013, 06:03 AM
Veteran
Good luck and at least you will have a date to look forward to now.

December 4th, 2013, 06:35 AM
Decemberhill's Avatar Nicole
I hope it goes well today! You must not have to schedule your scan too far in advance. I had to schedule 3 months out because it fills so quickly and I CAN'T cancel, they will not reschedule!

Mom to Ava (8) and Layla (6). Bennett Scott due May 19, 2014!
December 4th, 2013, 07:11 AM
dindin's Avatar Veteran
Good luck with the test!!!

1/12 3/13
December 4th, 2013, 07:13 AM
girlsofsummer's Avatar Us two became we three <3
Yay! Hope all goes well and you can suck that drink down fast.
December 4th, 2013, 08:39 AM
The drink wasn't bad, I chose the orange.

This office is so different than my first ob with my oldest. I had to go to the hospital for my scan, they have their own in house ultrasound. So I just come here!

I'll update when I get home, it's hard on my phone

Killian's Birth Story
December 4th, 2013, 08:49 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I luckily passed my first early glucose test at 14 weeks I had the orange too I thought it was yucky yay for a scan!

December 4th, 2013, 10:11 AM
anjewellove's Avatar Super Mommy
Woohoo! Yay for good bp!
December 4th, 2013, 10:29 AM
girlsofsummer's Avatar Us two became we three <3
Yay for a great update on all accounts!

You are so fortunate to be able to do all of that in one office. I am jealous.
inyourhonor likes this.
December 4th, 2013, 10:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by girlsofsummer View Post
Yay for a great update on all accounts!

You are so fortunate to be able to do all of that in one office. I am jealous.
I was expecting to have to go to the hospital for it all. Then when I had to have that scan on my fibroid, they told me I go there. I'm glad I decided to go to this office rather than the one a friend suggested haha.

Killian's Birth Story
December 4th, 2013, 10:49 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yay for knowing when your ultrasound is! Can't wait to find out what you're having! Hopping your labs come back good! That glucose test sounds like a big pita...it's like the only thing I can get out of, yet the girls at my ob/gyn always ask me if I want it even though Type I diabetes is in my charts lmao

December 4th, 2013, 12:26 PM
Londons Butterfly's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Londons Butterfly Send a message via Yahoo to Londons Butterfly
I always choose orange if given a choice. The lemon lime wasn't so bad when I had that one. I've been telling my dr that I need the second/earlier test but they don't listen. Ive been keeping track of my levels at home though.

I'm so excited you get to find out in two weeks. I find out next Tuesday and I'm a wreck. Hoping for it to be a girl trying to convince myself I am okay with another boy (I am). I won't be making that announcement until Christmas though

Scarlett Diane

December 4th, 2013, 12:52 PM
anhoyle's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Glad your appointment went well! How exciting! My ob's office is the same way. It's nice to not have to run all over the place!

[/url

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search