Sleep positions

Forum: May 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By lovemylittlemiss

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 7th, 2013, 07:43 AM
Crafty Mommy
So, no matter what I do, I wake up on my back every single night!! Oops! I think my doc said it's ok until like 22weeks or something, but it still freaks me out. Anyone else having trouble staying on your side? What does your doc say about it?

December 7th, 2013, 08:57 AM
Super Mommy
I either wake up on my back or flat on my stomach every morning. My doctor just says that when its starting to get harmful it will get uncomfortable and I'll wake up automatically. Not a huge deal according to him.

December 7th, 2013, 09:04 AM
girlsofsummer's Avatar Us two became we three <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellies_mom View Post
I either wake up on my back or flat on my stomach every morning. My doctor just says that when its starting to get harmful it will get uncomfortable and I'll wake up automatically. Not a huge deal according to him.
Good to know, because I keep waking up on my back, too. I can't sleep on my right side very often anymore -- it hurts my stomach!
December 7th, 2013, 02:53 PM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by girlsofsummer View Post
Good to know, because I keep waking up on my back, too. I can't sleep on my right side very often anymore -- it hurts my stomach!
I can't wait to get some more posts on this one. My doctor seemed really blasé about the whole sleeping this and hes one of the best pregnancy docs around but I still can't help but be concerned about it.....

December 7th, 2013, 03:14 PM
Crafty Mommy
Quote:
I can't wait to get some more posts on this one. My doctor seemed really blasé about the whole sleeping this and hes one of the best pregnancy docs around but I still can't help but be concerned about it.....

So did mine! He didn't seem to concerned. But I still am!

December 7th, 2013, 03:28 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
This I've also heard to be true. I often wake on my back but am unconcerned. I trust my body will let me know when there is a problem by waking me or me just rolling over. If you think about it, women have been having babies for forever and I'm sure there weren't docs around most of the time to tell them not to sleep on their backs...they just had to follow their instincts and it worked out.
babyfever416 and Bria'sMommy like this.

December 7th, 2013, 03:39 PM
bella88's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I usually am pretty good at keeping in my side though I do wake up on my back sometimes. I have to sleep on my left side though. If I sleep on my right side it hurts, it's uncomfortable and I wake up all the time. Switched sides with DH and it was nice to sleep through the night for a change lol.

December 7th, 2013, 04:39 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I don't worry about it at all until some time after 20 weeks I still sleep on my belly and back. After 20 weeks I'll start using pillows to try to keep myself in place but short of gluing yourself to the bed there's only so much you can do, kwim I wouldn't worry about it too much!

December 8th, 2013, 06:21 AM
BB2014's Avatar Super Mommy
I have been trying to stay off of my back as well. I wake up on my back a bunch. The funny thing is, I hate sleeping on my back! So when I wake up, I just go on my side.

December 8th, 2013, 07:33 PM
Mega Super Mommy
It will get very uncomfortable soon so I wouldn't worry I am a side sleeper and notice on my right side I allways wake up I think it's my body's way of saying ya roll over we like it better on the left (probably because of the better blood flow to baby) I'm assuming if I was on my back at some point my body would go ok enough is enough wake up and roll on to your side lol😜

December 9th, 2013, 04:23 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I always wake up on my back now, snoring away LOL Same thing happened when with my first. I didnt stop until I was further along and my belly was just too big to sleep that way anymore with out pain and suffocation

I think once it becomes important not to, you wont be able to anyway

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search