Who's not in maternity yet?

Forum: May 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 7th, 2013, 04:02 PM
mommy2b43's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm 20 weeks tomorrow and still wearing my regular jeans (certain higher waisted pairs are getting uncomfortable) and my shirts are all still fine. My sister gave me a bunch of maternity stuff but it's all smalls and barely different then my regular clothes. At this point, I'm hoping to make it most of the way through with only buying maybe one pair of jeans and a dress or two. But, I have a feeling ill expload soon I'm surprised I still fit into anything since I'm gaining weight like no one's business (up 10-12 lbs- grr- I always gain quicker in the end so this is a lot for me). Who else has avoided maternity so far???
December 7th, 2013, 04:37 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm still in my regular comfy clothes (yoga pants, t-shirts etc) but most of my dressier stuff was pretty fitted and doesn't really work at this point. My boobs don't fit in the shorts and the waist bands on the pants are snug. Of course maternity stuff looks silly still so its no win right now

December 7th, 2013, 04:50 PM
Super Mommy
I'm in all my regular stuff. Some days I get so bummed about it then I remember how unbelievably huge I was with my daughter and I re-think that. I gained nothing until week 23 then exploded and looked like a hippo for the next 15 weeks until she was born. I'm going to enjoy not showing while I can. And some days I have a bit of a tummy now....maybe it depends on when I eat lol.

December 7th, 2013, 05:00 PM
LUSHaye's Avatar Super Mommy
I probably should at least get a pair or two of pants that are bigger, but I've been using the rubberband trick with my jeans to get by. Shirts are no problem right now. I wanted to just switch to leggings, but that won't be happening until Colorado decides to get out of this deep freeze. -8 degrees is not exactly legging weather, much less go-outside-at-all weather.
December 7th, 2013, 05:17 PM
Veteran
Almost 18 weeks, still in regular clothes, though some sweaters are starting to expose my growing tummy. Most of my pants still fit, but I've been wearing sweatpants to be more comfy.
December 7th, 2013, 05:20 PM
Londons Butterfly's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Londons Butterfly Send a message via Yahoo to Londons Butterfly
I'm still mostly in my regular clothes. I wear some maternity just because, not for need.

Scarlett Diane

December 7th, 2013, 05:43 PM
Veteran
Im in regular comfy clothes (yoga pants and t-shirts) still, but my more fitted clothes dont at all. So I guess I should try maternity, but Ive been avoiding them because well they cost money and I dont like spending on me.. Id rather spend on baby to be. lol

December 7th, 2013, 05:47 PM
bella88's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I can fit in my regular pants if I tie them with a hair tie but even that is uncomfortable and there's no way I would do them up with this mountain. All the maternity clothes I've seen have been ugly as so I've been buying stretchy skirts and shirts in the next size up and going that'll do me for a while.

December 7th, 2013, 07:41 PM
Regular
I still haven't moved I to maternity yet (I'm 16 weeks). I did pull out my maternity clothes and have put on some shirts but I think most of them got really stretched out last time. My normal pants are actually too big right now. I'm still down about 10 lbs so my pants fall right off but belts are super uncomfortable. I think I carry pretty high so even in my last pregnancy I didn't move into maternity pants until week 30ish.
December 7th, 2013, 09:05 PM
emilyeeb's Avatar Veteran
I am only at 15 weeks but I am starting to feel uncomfortable in my regular jeans at times when I am sitting or after a bigger meal. I am choosing to wear some of my maternity shirts from last pregnancy. Not that I don't fit into my regular shirts, but the maternity ones seem to be longer and my belly just makes me look slobby in my normal outfits. lol

* Side note, with my first pregnancy, I carried low and my belly still wasn't big enough to hold up maternity pants until around 27 weeks. This time, I could rock them today, if I put them on.

Thank you for my siggy Jaidynsmum!

December 7th, 2013, 09:47 PM
Super Mommy
I bought belly bands. I just keep my pants unbuttoned and use the belly bands over them. I can still button one button of my jeans, but the moment I sit down, it digs in. I haven't really found anything plus size maternity that fits right, so I am sticking with the belly band for now. My coworker is almost 16 weeks and she got the belly bands too. She's a skinny mini and she's at the stage of being uncomfortable in normal clothes, but not fitting the maternity wear well.

Lucas Xavier is here! Born 4/24/2014 at 10:47pm
7 pounds 6 ounces
20.5 inches long

December 7th, 2013, 10:11 PM
Veteran
Destination Maternity has been having good sales. Last week I bought 2 long sleeve shirts for $10 each. That store is normally more on the expensive side.
December 7th, 2013, 10:28 PM
Kellylovesricky's Avatar & Mikey & Isabella
I'm not in maternity pants yet,but I did buy some tops just to grow with. Most of my jeans have a bit of stretch so if I unbutton them, all is fine. the others are really low waisted so they always fit!

December 8th, 2013, 12:07 AM
PointDefiance's Avatar My job is life itself.
19 weeks on Tuesday and not even close yet. I'm more concerned about my boobs then my belly honestly lol. It's not noticeable that I am pregnant at all really other than if I am wearing a right shirt and I just ate. I know I have gained weight. So that's good. It must all be in my boobs and backside O__o
December 8th, 2013, 01:05 AM
anjewellove's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm in regular clothes
December 8th, 2013, 08:03 AM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by PointDefiance View Post
19 weeks on Tuesday and not even close yet. I'm more concerned about my boobs then my belly honestly lol. It's not noticeable that I am pregnant at all really other than if I am wearing a right shirt and I just ate. I know I have gained weight. So that's good. It must all be in my boobs and backside O__o

Same here-- I had to buy a bigger bra size at 12 weeks.
December 8th, 2013, 09:06 AM
mommy2b43's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'll tell ya what- amen on the boob aspect...I've gone up quite a bit and at 20 weeks they're still sore....I'm already in my biggest maternity bras (just bigger sizes not actually maternity store bras)! My belly is finally catching up but I just don't have any desire to buy maternity so I'm hoping that I can pull off my jeans jntil I fit into my one pair of maternity jeans (they're an 8- I'm more of a 4-6 this time around) and call it a day. I have so much to buy for this baby I have no desire to waste a penny on myself!!
December 8th, 2013, 12:05 PM
Veteran
I'm still in regular clothes. Pants are getting a little too snug. I have a couple belly bands, but the stupid things won't stay in place. They roll up my hips. I bought a bunch of maternity clothes at Kohl's on black friday, so I saved quite a bit on those. I hate how thin most of the material is and that I have to buy more shirts to wear under them.

Had to upgrade my bras at 8 wks. Almost had a meltdown in the store when I tried to find cheaper ones in the regular section, and it was the one size that I couldn't find. I dug through EVERYTHING before I finally found 2.
December 8th, 2013, 12:32 PM
anhoyle's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I can still wear my regular clothes but the jeans just don't feel comfortable when I sit down. I prefer maternity pants and I still wear all of my normal shirts and maternity shirts. I've only gained 3 lbs so far.

[/url

December 8th, 2013, 12:42 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I could probably still fit into at least some of my regular jeans but I gave them up a long time ago because I find maternity jeans to be super comfy haha

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search